July105
jenkinsm

Percy Jackson better than Harry Potter?

July105

Pro

Lots of people are always arguing about' which book series is better than which'. This got me thinking 'Why?' and this also made me curious as to which people believed was better? 'Percy Jackson or Harry Potter?' I personally lean more towards Percy Jackson but I'm still quite open for Harry Potter. So people try to persuade me why Harry Potter better and why?
jenkinsm

Con

While the Percy Jackson and The Lost Hero series are entertaining their comprehension level is low. Harry Potter gives you the challenge that you need. I have friends that breeze through the new Percy Jackson books at the book store before they come out. Therefore I believe that the Harry Potter series is better than the Percy Jackson series. I have other reasons too. They are long enough to give you the story that you want, they are written by a very wise and well known author, can be read by anyone, and you can talk about with anyone.
July105

Pro

I must disagree with you. While I have always understood the Percy Jackson series, the Harry Potter series has confused me a number of times. I would have to read it again and again at certain parts just to make sure I understood everything. I will say that Harry Potter does give some of a challenge but it bored me at parts, while I can say for sure Percy Jackson never bored me. While I also do agree that some of the Percy Jackson books can be easy to read, I have to say the same for Harry Potter. I have done a book marathon of Harry Potter and finished most of the series in a day! Also when you say the author is very well known, I have to disagree with you. I can think of many people who don't know who J.K Rowling is and they have absolutely no interest in Harry Potter. Also, with this information I have to disprove you when you say that you can talk about it with anyone and when you say it can be read by anyone too, that is also wrong. I wasn't allowed to read Harry Potter until I was a teenager and I have many friends that say the same or that their parents won't let them read the series at all!
jenkinsm

Con

First off, I know people who read it in first grade. I read it in fourth. What I meant when made note that it could be read by anyone, I meant at any age you can revisit it. It is a timeless classic that never becomes old. The Percy Jackson series is meant to be read by 9 year-olds. It says that where you can get the book. Percy Jackson has a rating of 4 stars while Harry Potter has a rating of 5. There are places that have found 25 to 30 life lessons you can learn through Harry Potter. By the way is there such thing called a Percy Jackson land? I don't think so. If you have ever been to universal studios you can experience the magic of Harry Potter themed fun. The series needs to be good enough to do that. Percy Jackson does not seem to cut it.
July105

Pro

July105 forfeited this round.
jenkinsm

Con

I can not pull out a single life lesson from all of the Percy Jackson books. I can find many from Harry Potter. The author used creativity and her mind to create the story. Rick Riordan looked up a couple of myths from a religion that is far past extinction. He just used those and slapped a different name on the characters. The movies have a lot to do with the book for Harry Potter. The "The Sea of Monsters" movie's plot was the exact opposite to what really happened. People have always at least seen one movie or read one book. I mean more of a lot of people. Because of its popularity you can talk about it with almost anyone. So in conclusion, Harry Potter is better than Percy Jackson.