Dr.Maniac
NDECD1441

Percy Jackson series is better than the Kane chronicles

Who did you believe won the debate?
The Voting Period Ends In
00days09hours01minute55seconds
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Voting Period

Dr.Maniac

Pro

1st round are arguments, second round is argument, third round rebuttal, may the best debater win!!
NDECD1441

Con

First round: Acceptance
I have read all the Rick Rodian books and I am ready for this debate. Good luck and may the best debater win.
Dr.Maniac

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate. Also, Percy Jackson is better because the book has some awesome humor in it. For example : "Grover listened while mournfully chewing on his aluminum can". (This is pretty funny to me if not you.) Also, there is a gigantic quest in the first book, where they kill Medusa, find the lightning bolt, Ares was the one who caught Luke, all of that flashbacks and etc. However, in the Kane Chronicles (They are awesome too!!) there is not as much excitement, if you know what I mean. Yes, there is a House of Life, they find out about magicians, and than there is a lot of excitement there, but do they enter the underworld? Does the king of the gods dad (Kronos. but do not say it out loud as names have power), try to kill everyone, and march on the palace of the gods with a gigantic army of titans (or bad magicians) and a bunch of little ids with half of the power of the gods having to save the gods? NO. They attack Set, (where there is a huge battle, but that is everywhere in Percy Jackson, for example, Artemis tie down by Atlas.) where there is a huge battle, which is everywhere in Percy Jackson.

Good Luck.
NDECD1441

Con

Thanks Dr.Maniac for your arguments. Here are a few of mine:

While we both can agree that Percy Jackson is a fan favorite, there is something you can't help but notice that the Percy Jackson series only taught us two Greek words as in: Erete es Korakas and Vlacas in the 5 books that were unleashed. However, all the Kane Chronicles' books have different Egyptian spells like Ma'at, Sa'per and A'max. While it doesn't have much educational purposes, it puts us into a deeper dimension of the story in which we want to learn more and continue reading the entire series. (It was based on my personal experience.) They use it in the Magnus Chase series where you learn the runes (and yes they do have glossaries. All of them so that is not a proper rebutal.) so it seems like Percy Jackson is an odd-one-out which, frankly makes me uncomfortable.

There is also a catch that when the Percy Jackson series becomes interlinked with the other series, (the stories of the Son of Sobek, The staff of Serapis and the Crown of Ptolemy) the main villains in them are not Greek. In my previous examples, Setne was the villain and Greek involved or not, Crazy Elvis used an EGYPTIAN book to conjure the spells so it seems like Percy was just in the sidelines of the whole story.

Glad for your points. Good luck. :)
Dr.Maniac

Pro

Interesting points. Here are mine:

First of all, no one is reading the books for learning Greek or Egyptian words. The series are termed as fiction. Also, the fact that Percy Jackson is a odd one out does not make me feel uncomfortable. If it makes you feel that it is uncomfortable, please explain why. People read the books for fun, not to learn any of the runes, or words or anything.

Good Luck!!
NDECD1441

Con

Rebutals:

First, here is a rebutal to your rebutal. Just because you don't read the content after doesn't mean that others don't. I didn't mean that everyone has to read it. I just meant that for the people who read it have a more deeper contrast to the story. They don't just read the word Ma'at and wonder what that means. It is all written at the end of the story.

Now for my rebutals. The Kane Chronicles do have humor in their own way too. A self aware baboon and crocodile? That's humorous to me. Look at these four quotes in the series too: 1) My expression must've been priceless, because Zia actually cracked a smile. "You look like a cow hit with a shovel. 2) Eat muffins? What kind of battle cry was that? 3) What goddess would want her except the goddess of chewing gum? 4) She swatted a large metal warrior, a shabti no doubt, and he transformed into a rainbow bellied pig. If we lived through the day, I had a bad feeling Little Shelby would want to keep it.
See? Humor. The Kane Chronicles are just as hilarious as Percy Jackson which, is quite funny too.

Excitement? To answer your questions, yes they did go to the underworld, yes an army of bad magicians march to the First Nome (counts as the palace) and little ids with half the power of the gods save it. (Found in the Throne of Fire and the Serpent's Shadow) but what? It's like what you are stating with your questions that the story-line needs to be the same. Not every god of the dead is evil and Osiris is their dad. He can't kill them. There is also plenty of exciting battles in the three books. Each. For example, The Battle Of The Red Pyramid, The Battle With Vlad Menshikov (Michel Desjardins appear too which made it more exciting.) and The Final Battle/The Battle Of The House Of Life. Besides, it only took three books to kill the main villain of the Kane Chronicles which proves that the Kane siblings are much stronger than that of Percy.

Overall, I have proved to you an equalizer of humor between the two series, an equalizer of excitement and a bonus point proving the Kanes are stronger than Percy and Annabeth.

Thanks for issuing this debate. You really made my week. Good luck!!!

PS: You didn't rebut on my point of the whole stories being interlinked thing so I'm just going to think you agree. :P

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Dr.Maniac 5 days ago
Dr.Maniac
Carter has a giant chicken mode because of the gods who he "worships".
Posted by NDECD1441 1 week ago
NDECD1441
Wait, I did not try to vote for myself! Besides, dealing with a huge giant snake is enough excitement already. Apophis is definitely stronger that Kronos and it just took what? Three books to kill him? If you still don't believe me, Percy fights with a sword. Sadie has the whole Ha-di thing and Carter has a formidable giant- chicken mode. If you put that into retrospect, you might see who is stronger.
Posted by Dr.Maniac 1 week ago
Dr.Maniac
How are they stronger? Rick Riordan just used more books for the Percy Jackson series because there are so many exciting things to talk about in that series, but the Kane Chronicles does not have as much excitement in them, which is why there are only three books in the series.
Posted by Dr.Maniac 1 week ago
Dr.Maniac
We are not allowed to vote for ourselves.
Posted by Dr.Maniac 1 week ago
Dr.Maniac
Yeah, sorry about that
Posted by NDECD1441 1 week ago
NDECD1441
First round is acceptance because you didn't put any points in there and made it look like an acceptance round