Adeimantus
MolecularBird06

Personal Computer Gaming is better than Console Gaming

Started: 2/12/2014 Category: Technology

Adeimantus

Pro

Structure: (Round 1: Points. Round 2: Rebuttals. Round 3: Conclusion)

I am an advocate that PC gaming is superior to console gaming. We can look at PC gamings many positive attributes, for example these are,

Computers are a much cheaper alternative than console gaming. Some may try to use initial base cost of a high an gaming PC vs an older console but I must point out the flaws with this argument. To begin, you are paying for much more than just a gaming machine. This is a product where you can do homework, download applications, use the internet, store music etc. It's become a necessity to own and a key part of our life. Secondly, there is not that much of a price difference. For example, YouTuber Austin Evans creates videos ranging from 300 - 2000 dollar PC builds, while some consoles range from 400-600 ( depending on the package you purchase.) Not only can PC's and Consoles be equal in base cost, we must look at games. For consoles, you only have big name game creators, selling their games at 60 dollars a piece. On a PC , you can buy these games and many many more. You get indie games, alpha games, beta games, all types of games. Prices are way cheaper, and even more so with steam sales. If you compare a steam gamers library to a console gamers game library you will certainly see a total price difference. Not only are the games cheaper, but the computers do not become outdated. In just a couple of years consoles get replaced and quickly become irrelevant. With a PC, all you have to do is buy new parts for very low comparable value and install them into your computer to keep it modern. With this in mind, you can also keep your computer running if it breaks, replacing the parts. With a console, fixes if DIY are extremely difficult and usually not possible. This would result in going to the manufacturer which is expensive and not timely.

PC's give a better experience the consoles. Comparing price / power, a PC gives much higher quality graphics, running more detailed environments and textures at higher resolutions and higher PC's. Most computer monitors if boughten wisely provide higher quality than your average TV. The smoothness and quality of a PC game is unbeatable when it comes to PC's vs. Consoles. There is also a wonderful community on the internet. It is literally, the internet. Some console gamers fear PC gaming because the difficulty to get in a match, with a console, they give you an oversimplified interface where you can "always get your game." With a PC , it is just the same, simply a new front to learn. Consoles are locked up OS's with limited features which you much pay for. PC's are a place of freedom where you can do what you wish.

Hopefully some will be willing to debate this subject, I look forward to seeing your points.
MolecularBird06

Con

I would like to point that a gaming pc can be very expensive. I recently bought a Ps4 and a laptop for a similar price, one can run Battlefield 4 while the other can't. Also a normal $700 pc may stay current for 3-4 year while a console can last 7-8 years and when I have a separate computer for work and games. Also the starting cost of a gaming pc and a console are huge, and the true the parts aren't super expensive, but they do accumulate in cost over the years, also add in the gas you use to get to the store. If I want to play games at maximum graphics, I have to constantly update my pc. Also consoles have great games such as Halo, Infamous, Uncharted, Forza, and Gear of War, and are expanding to include Indie games, and where did you get the information that you can't play betas on consoles. I clearly remember playing the World of Tanks beta on my Xbox 360 and the Titan Fall beta on my Xbox One. Also consoles can be used as multimedia systems. The Xbox One lets you play games, watch T.V and Movies and access movies. When I want to play video games with my friends, I use consoles. I find it easier to connect with friends and get into the same game. Also can you have 4 player split screen on a pc, I don't think so. Only consoles allow you to do this. I also find consoles interfaces much easier to use, when I start my console up, all I have to do is click a button to play. I personally consoles offer the better gaming experiance.
Adeimantus

Pro

Adeimantus forfeited this round.
MolecularBird06

Con

Also games on P.Cs cost similar amounts to that of console, and you can get games for free with Games with Gold and Psn's free game program. Also you can get additional games free with Xbox Live and Psn's points program.
Adeimantus

Pro

Adeimantus forfeited this round.
MolecularBird06

Con

Thanks for the debate.
Posted by Cloneorder66 3 years ago
Cloneorder66
I just finished the same debate, PC victorious. Hail PC, votng for you buddy. :)