Gravity23
silhouette1

Personality is more important than beauty in relationships

Started: 7/10/2014 Category: Fashion

Gravity23

Pro

Although nowadays in this era, most men have become very superficial especially when looking for someone to date. They tend to go for the girls with the fuller boobs,and hips forgetting the importance of a pure and diligent heart. Likewise many girls even including me appreciate men with sexy abs and bodies, it still does not overrule the fact that beauty as an element would fade overtime but one's personality would always last.

RULES: There would be 4 ROUNDS first and second rounds for REBUTTING and third and fourth rounds for Rebuttal and Reinforcing
silhouette1

Con

Like it or not, humans are allured by looks and things deemed attractive. I personally feel that personality plays an essential role in a healthy, long-lasting relationship, but I also believe that disregarding beauty is absolutely ludicrous. Beauty is the ground basis of all relationships. Naturally, we are attracted to people by their looks. Personality only serves to illuminate the beauty the person acquires. Therefore, I believe that personality and beauty equally share an importance in a relationship.
Gravity23

Pro

Well again, I would like to burst the tiny bubble of my opponent. As the saying goes "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" proving that not everyone is attracted by a person's looks. Yes the opponent has made it clear that we are not disregarding beauty completing which I must agree with him on. Even yet, I still believe that at the end of the day, in a marriage where the couples have grown old, when their abs and sexy bodies have wrinkled and disintegrated, the ability to communicate and feel comfortable in each other's company is what would make that marriage last. That is what would help them fulfill their vows of being there till death separates them apart from each other. This, my dear opponent, can only be achieved by the person's personality.
To sum up, I believe that a person's personality holds more importance than the person's looks because no one would like to end up with a woman with beauty(which would obviously fade when she grows up) and with no brains or sense of humor or has a dent in her personality.
silhouette1

Con

silhouette1 forfeited this round.
Gravity23

Pro

Gravity23 forfeited this round.
silhouette1

Con

silhouette1 forfeited this round.
Gravity23

Pro

Gravity23 forfeited this round.
silhouette1

Con

silhouette1 forfeited this round.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
It's shaping up alright. The major differences here is that me and my opponent went on the extremes.
I took the extremely scientific approach while she took a religious approach.
If either of you would like to refer to my past debate for insight you're welcome to.
Posted by silhouette1 2 years ago
silhouette1
How's our debate shaping up so far? Did you take the same approach we're taking or were ur arguments different. And to clarify we are aware that rebutts and rebuttals are the same.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
Also rebuttals and rebutting are the exact same thing.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
I remember doing this topic.

It was my first debate :')