mee2kool4u369
Zaradi

Pet owners must have a license and permit for each pet

Zaradi

mee2kool4u369

Pro

Animal cruelty is extremely horrible, If my theory is correct this should stop animal cruelty. The first round is just saying what this debate shall be like. I am not afraid to make this ugly. There is a minim of 2,000 characters. Please post what you would like to say for round one. The debate has not officially started until round two.
Zaradi

Con

Alright, I'll bite (no pun intended).
Since the BOP for this absolutely ridiculous idea is on the pro, I'll be doing a few things.
a) refuting his arguments
b) providing cases where this would be a horrible idea
mee2kool4u369

Pro

This should be a law because animal cruelty takes place in the U.S.A. and around the world everyday. I don't know how you can argue if you are against animal cruelty take a look at this picture maybe you will change your mind: (copy and paste the following link)

WARNING: THIS MAYBE HARD FOR SOME PEOPLE TO LOOK AT!!!

file://localhost/Users/boltboy105/Desktop/animal_cruelty_starved.jpg
Zaradi

Con

Okay, so my opponent's argument consists of a broken link. I really don't know what else to say. He's saying it will prevent animal fights and animal cruelty, but I'd like to point out that, like any crime, making a crime illegal will not prevent criminals from taking part in the activity. So by enacting this, it creates the problems listed below and solves nothing:

1. An old cat lady wants to buy another kitten to add to her attempt to own the most cats (she's currently at 53). She also has alzheimers, so not only does she lose count of her cats, she forgot this stupid rule got enacted, and she's getting arrested on charges of animal fighting.
2. A small child saved up enough pennies to buy his first puppy! How cute! Too bad that he never knew anything higher than two plus two, and didn't realize he had to save up more pennies to get some dumb permit to own a puppy, and now he's getting thrown behind bars on charges of animal fighting. How cute! /sarcasm
3. A daddy wants to make his little girl's dreams come true and buy her a pony! What a swell guy! Too bad in his rush to scrap together the money to BUY a horse and place for it to sleep and eat and all that junk, he forgot to get the permit and is getting thrown behind bars. Prison visits are hard on children, and she never did get that pony. Now she thinks he's the biggest a**hole of a father, and he's getting bum-raped by some huge guy named Pedro. And you don't want to get bum-raped by Pedro.

So, it's an easy vote in negation.
mee2kool4u369

Pro

You do have a point but, permits can be of low cost. Also money isn't the matter of the situation if you listened to anything I said. I said that if this happens it will stop animal cruelty.

Permits can cost $10 to $50 dollars for a pet, but that isn't the problem!! If people have permits for a pet, it makes sure that they can't abuse it. I don't care how much it costs. The government doesn't have to make it an incredibly high price (in which your mind is thinking) This is so people won't abuse animals. And I am sure that people giving the pet will check if they have a permit first!! Therefore you have no reason for why there should not be permits for pets.
Zaradi

Con

Alright. So let's consider your permit in terms of animal fighting and abuse again.
a) You never responded to the point that making something illegal will not stop criminals who will do it regardless, permit or no permit. This will just make animal sales hit the black market, which only funds criminal activities more.
b) But this actually allows smart criminals to walk on pretty obvious charges. Let's say a smart criminal wanted to start a dog fighting ring, but knew that the permits were in place. He buys one, then buys all the dogs he wants to start his ring. He requires whoever submits dogs to fight to have permits as well. And if any of those injuries end up in the vet's office, they can waive their permits and dispell any suspicion on them. So this only allows other criminals who would've previously been caught to get off scott free without actually stopping anything.

Overall, it's just a horrible idea.
mee2kool4u369

Pro

This was some idea for a debate that popped up in my mind.

FOR MY FINAL WORDS OF THE SITUATION: that won't happen if permits get to the right person. If a permit falls into the wrong hands then it shall be reported as lost or stolen and therefore it won't work. This was a nice debate. Thanks for debating. Any further debating shall move to the comments section.
Zaradi

Con

Nice new argument in the last round, but it still isn't responsive to what I actually said.

Sure, criminals steal. But that doesn't mean they can't also buy things the right way. Can't really stop them then.

So this debate breaks down really easily:

1. This law won't stop criminals for two reasons:
a) Criminals already break the law. They don't care about breaking another one.
b) Criminals can get around it legally if they wanted to.
2. It causes the potential for more problems than it solves for innocent people.

So over all, you vote con.
Posted by TheDiabolicDebater 4 years ago
TheDiabolicDebater
Nah, it's not even a URL. It's just a path on her hard drive.

Notice the "Users" and "Desktop" folders.

Hahaha fail.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Did it actually work for you?
TheDiabolicDebater
Her "link" had me cracking up.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
:D I try
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
aw right when I came to this co took it
Vote Placed by Travniki 4 years ago
Travniki
mee2kool4u369ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Cons points were never dealt with
Vote Placed by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
mee2kool4u369ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: 16k....she had one broken link. I do not believe that's a source :p Obvious choice...just read the debate....
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
mee2kool4u369ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: who ever doesn't go pro sources as she had one is blind. whoever didn't give n arguments is blind and retarded.
Vote Placed by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
mee2kool4u369ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow.