BrallaghantheOrater
jo_shan

Peter Jackson's recent film, "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", was a bad movie.

Started: 4/30/2014 Category: Movies

BrallaghantheOrater

Pro

The title is rather misleading. I do not mean to say that the movie was poorly acted or written, (although some of the CG was a bit iffy), but there wasn't enough space in the title to write what I wanted.

This is the proposition: Peter Jackson's recent film, "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", is an insufficient adaptation of the middle third of J.R.R. Tolkien's work of fantasy, "The Hobbit".

I believe that the movie was insufficient in many ways. In the film, incongruities, incorrect character concepts, characters showcased that did not even exist in the book, incongruous relationships, and anachronisms abound.

I will be arguing for the hypothetical end proposition that "The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug" should be re-made. I realise that this is entirely unable to be done, but it is the "end goal" of my side.

If you feel that you have sufficient knowledge of both the movie and the book, as well as J.R.R. Tolkiens other works and personal life, feel free to take this challenge. Thank you.
jo_shan

Con

hello good sir. i have not seen the new hobbit movie. but i will still argue this matter.

the south park episode "the hobbit" was a very fine and amusing episode. in this episode, they experiment with photo shop to change how they look. then they realize that this whole time, that kim kardashian is actually a hobbit, and that she uses photoshop to make her look human. kanye west heres of this and is outraged! he goes to south park elementary and explains how kim is not a hobbit. kanye (who is aqua man) cannot convince the opponents. he then learns the truth about his wife.
BrallaghantheOrater

Pro

BrallaghantheOrater forfeited this round.
jo_shan

Con

jo_shan forfeited this round.
BrallaghantheOrater

Pro

jo_shan

Con

jo_shan forfeited this round.