mejiaj16
WriterSelbe

Pets

WriterSelbe

mejiaj16

Pro

Dogs are better pets to have than cats.
WriterSelbe

Con

I will assume the first round is for acceptance then. I will be debating that both dogs and cats are equal and that neither are better than the other.
mejiaj16

Pro

In this following debate I was planning to prove why dogs are better pets than cats. Now its going to be a little difficult because you will also be stating some pros on dogs. So I believe it will be getting better after you respond in round two when you will say good things about cats. I have several topics I would like to cover in my debate. First of all, the saying is "Dog is men's best friend", not cats are men's best friend. So I will be doing my best to answer why is a dog a men's best friend. Some reasons that dogs are better than cats are security, having a fun time, active lifestyle, and unity between each others.
Dogs will take care of your house better than a cat will. When have you have ever seen a cat warn his owner from a robbery or house on fire. There are stories where dogs wakes up their owners and live to tell the story. Dogs are used as police dogs, that alarm people if there are drugs, bombs, or even a missing person somewhere. A cat can't do that. Dogs are heroes. I have a dog which takes care of my house and senses someone walking by. My family or I can't hear anything but the dog just get up and starts barking.When do you see a cat doing that. A cat will be laying down and just mining their own business. I personally see cats as a waste of money because they basically live by themselves, at the other end a dog wants to be member of the family. My dog gets sad and desperate when the whole family is in a room and he gets locked out and abandoned. Dog's feeling are almost readable for the human.
Hope you respond back. Can't wait to see your retaliation.
WriterSelbe

Con

I thank my opponent for their response and will now state my arguments.

Contention 1: Cats are accomodating and polite to guests.

Dogs are typically excited and eager to greet guests. Unfortunately, this behavior is more often than not unappreciated by said guest. The larger, more popular dogs are capable of physically harming humans by jumping on them, especially small children. A cat is less social which is actually a good thing. A cat will not randomly jump on a guest with malicious intent or even good intent and be capable of severely harming said guest while a dog could.

Contention 2: There are no recorded cases of non-disease related deaths caused by cats.

While both dogs and cats can spread disease, there is no record of a person being completely mauled to death by a cat. While listed here (http://en.wikipedia.org......) are fatal attacks by dogs that have resulted in deaths.

Contention 3: Cats are quieter.

It is physically impossible for a cat to be louder than a dog. While dogs can be deafeningly loud and impossible to shut up without muzzling, cats can only mew so loud and won't be heard mewing more often than not.

Contention 4: Cats take up less room.

Dogs make bigger feces, take more room, take more maintenance, and cost more to own.

mejiaj16

Pro

mejiaj16 forfeited this round.
WriterSelbe

Con

In response to my opponent's argument about a dog protecting your house, a dog is more of a liability seeing as one could purchase an alarm for about the same price except the dog will only notify you, not the police as well.
mejiaj16

Pro

mejiaj16 forfeited this round.
WriterSelbe

Con

Extend all arguments.
mejiaj16

Pro

mejiaj16 forfeited this round.
Posted by mejiaj16 4 years ago
mejiaj16
i don't know y it doesn't record my debate..and i did it.omg
Posted by mejiaj16 4 years ago
mejiaj16
Sorry, I wasn't near a computer and forgot to post my argument. You can still keep on writing.
Posted by mejiaj16 4 years ago
mejiaj16
It could be anything you want.I am pro dog so my defense is already build up.
Posted by WriterSelbe 4 years ago
WriterSelbe
Not necessarily. But is the statement we're debating, 'Dogs are better than cats,' or 'Dogs are the best pets?' I don't want to begin until I'm sure.
Posted by mejiaj16 4 years ago
mejiaj16
Are you a cat lover?Lets debate
Posted by WriterSelbe 4 years ago
WriterSelbe
Is the resolution we're debating, "Dogs are better than cats?"
Vote Placed by XStrikeX 4 years ago
XStrikeX
mejiaj16WriterSelbeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeit.