samuel01
TheModernPsyche1

Pewdiepie saying the n word should not have been a big deal

samuel01 has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

samuel01

Pro

Well I am a black person you may not belive me or think i'm some crazy white 7 year old boy who loves pewdiepie to be honest he's ok but He should not have been so slammed for saying the n-word lots of people say it and they don't get as slammed as him in fact take Logan Paul straight up disrespecting Japan nothing bad really happened to him except maybe people getting mad he didn't lose any subs or anything I think Pewdiepie said it on accident and shouldn't have been punished for it
TheModernPsyche1

Con

Pwediepie saying the n word is a big deal because he is in a position of power, and if says it without repercussions, that sets a precedent that it's okay for everyone to say the n word. Additionally, if Pewdiepie's affiliates stand by and do nothing, that means they find his behavior acceptable. Pewdiepie only faces a lot of backlash because he is so big and influential.
samuel01

Pro

Well that brings me to my next thing why should saying the n-word be bad its no longer offensive the Spanish language uses it for the word black. And to be honest its like if you were a white person and I called you honky or a Mexican and I called you a beaner or a Hispanic and I called you a Mexican. It's not really as offensive as people make it out to be all these words are old things and just offend people who aren't even of the race its being pointed out to. Pewdiepie said it not knowing if the dude was black or not or even if it was a dude. I really think that the backlash Pewdiepie got was from people who weren't even black.
TheModernPsyche1

Con

As a society, we interpret ideas and words differently. While the n word might not be offensive to you, many people in our society find the word offensive and they are entitled to take actions, as prohibited by law, when they are offended. It's unfair for anybody to say that everyone in a society should adopt a certain view, especially if the view is a matter of opinion such as this. Some people may not be offended, and that's okay. But some other people are offended, and that's okay too.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 week ago
NDECD1441
Homestly, I understand why Pro thought of that point but it's merely impossible to achieve. Subjective things are hard to control. There is a reason why A is still A and B is still B. We have been living our lives believing the N word is a racial slur. It is close to impossible to change that.
Posted by TheModernPsyche1 1 week ago
TheModernPsyche1
If I insult you, do you have the right to be angry? Do you have the right to express your views? It is not unpatriotic to express anger, as long as the actions are lawful and peaceful.
Posted by A_Boy_Named_JC 1 week ago
A_Boy_Named_JC
Since this argument is locked out, I'll just say it here:

We as a society tend to over-sensitize everything, from proper words to use as identification to what is and isn't acceptable to say. Because of this, I have vowed to never be PC and to use these inappropriate terms as fuel for my humor. It's unrealistic and unpatriotic to try and put limits on what we as people can say.
Posted by NDECD1441 2 weeks ago
NDECD1441
This debate is rigged. The motion is simply not debatable, it's too one-sided. Logan Paul did get more demons than simply hate though. Rumor has it that he may be banned from youtube, for example.
Posted by Loga11 2 weeks ago
Loga11
I don't see how you could debate against this, as the topic of the debate IS in a way correct.
Posted by SperoXVII 2 weeks ago
SperoXVII
well in order to "accidentally" say a word that you did not intend to say would most likely be because you were thinking of the word at the time or the word had some type of value to it to make it pop up like that. Obviously in order to have this word in mind you would of have to use it before. Fact of the matter is he most likely says it off camera all the time.