nate22
aman49ers

Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady

aman49ers
Started: 11/13/2013 Category: Sports

nate22

Pro

Peyton Mannings stats prove it all. Brady has some more Superbowl rings but thats it.
aman49ers

Con

First of all, the only reason Peyton Manning has better stats is because his receivers are much better than Tom Brady' receivers. Also, as you said, Tom Brady has won 3 super bowls while Peyton has won only won. Peyton manning is only good because of his receivers and Tom Brady is more reliable. This is why Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning.
nate22

Pro

Well lets see where do I start. So last year Tom Brady had Wes Welker a great wide-receiver and Gronk who is one of the best if not the best receiving TE. Last year Peyton Manning had Eric Decker as his number 1 wide out...Eric decker is a number 2 or 3 on most teams. And last year Peyton Manning still had more yards and TD's. So don't use the wide outs as an excuse. A great QB can work with anything.
aman49ers

Con

1. Game-winning drives.

Game winning drives are always cited as an aspect of football that truly shows off the great quarterbacks. The factor that's forgotten is that in many ways, the best quarterbacks don't need to have a game winning drive.
Brady: 30 Game winning drives in 118 Wins
Manning: 45 Game winning drives in 146 Wins

2. Touchdown to interception ratio:

Brady: 2.35 TD's Per Interception
Manning: 2.06 TD's per Interception
nate22

Pro

Well you made this pretty easy on me your stats just proved my point. Manning has better stats! And has Manning had a game this year where he through 7 TD's when is the last time Brady has done that...exactly.
aman49ers

Con

My stats say the opposite. to be a good quarterback, you shouldn't have to rely on game-winning drives, like manning does. Also, my second stat proves that manning throws more interceptions for every touchdown, unlike Brady who has a much better ratio. Since you don't have any points to support Peyton Manning and you are just refuting my points, this shows that you aren't saying that Manning is better than Brady in any way so I should win this debate.
Posted by kellymsc2014 3 years ago
kellymsc2014
Tom Brady is by far the better quarterback. Before I get into the numbers, Peyton cannot play in the cold. He has no mental toughness. Peyton has been one and done in the playoffs 8 times, most of the times being at home. His regular season stats are good, but winning football games isn't about stats. Brady has the intangables and had owned Peyton in head to head matchups. As we saw last night, Brady had the balls to come down from 24-0 while Peyton sat back and ran the ball when he had favorable matchups on the outside. I could go on and on, but this is good for now.
Vote Placed by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
nate22aman49ersTied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO made no real arguments, just batted away cons!