Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. No, not the Broncos/colts just him.

Started: 6/25/2015 Category: Sports

The Colts and the Broncos may not have been the best teams in the NFL, but you don't have to like them to understand that Peyton Manning is still an amazing quarterback. I'm from Atlanta, and I still understand that Peyton Manning is a great quarterback. Now if you are a Giants fan, you may think differently, but still, you have to somewhat agree since Eli is his brother. I Believe that Peyton Manning truly is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, and even though he is getting older, he still is a great team player; quarterback; and role model.

I will accept this debate provided you can give me a list of where he would stand as the greastest QB of all time. He is not the greatest for sure. But is he one of the greatest? Maybe in the top 10, but he i not in the top 5. So if we can go by that I can explain why Payton manning is not one of the greatest QB's of all time.

There are many things that people take account for when it comes to being the greatest of all time.

When it comes to his QB rating, he is in the top 3

However when it comes to winning in the playoffs, He is has failed all but one time in his 14 attempts.
Why does he continue to falter during the playoffs while other greats seem to find a way to seal the deal?

That speaks loudly to why he is not the great, something causes his passer rating to plummet in games that matter.

I have to agree that he does choke when he is under the pressure of the playoffs, but he still has the second most touchdown passes of all time!
He does crack under pressure and he has only one once. But when he won, they killed.
Also, I clearly stated that Peyton is a great role model and team player. You completely skipped that because you know he really is a great person and overall player.

Let me try to narrow the point I am trying to make:

Peyton Manning is a great Quarterback. But he is not one of the greatest.

This is because he cannot win champtionships.

He has 14 years of playoff history, and in 13 of those he delivers a loss, usually do to his own poor choices as a QB. you can see his passer rating plummete to a 70 rating during these playoff losses. This is both in Denver last year and in Indianapolis. He will never be one of the greatest because he cannot finish the job.

I don't care how amazing he is in the regular season, when it matters the most he fails to live up to his name. His brother is the opposite. However I wont say eli is one of the greatest either, just used to prove a point on who excels in the playoffs.

AJJackson412 forfeited this round.

I think that I can conclude that while Payton manning is a great qb, he will be in the hall of fame. he is not one of the greatest qb of all time because when the team needed him the most he failed 14 out of 15 times in his career
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago