van114
Rockylightning

Phillies Will win The World Series This Year.

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
Started: 8/2/2011 Category: Sports

van114

Pro

Any baseball fan out there sure not even take a chance on debating aganist me on this topic. Phillies has the best offensive lineup in the Major League baseball. Phillies also have the best record in the league and best pitching staff in the league this year. It's proven that 70% of a pofessional team who complete hard in the regular season to accomplish what they want will more likely come out victorious on top of the rest of the other team in that possentilonal sports. So with no farer time to spent I will finish up with saying Phillies will win the world series this year because of thier stats and hard work they are putting in to be on top of the baseball world once again.
Rockylightning

Con

Refutations:
"Any baseball fan out there sure not even take a chance on debating aganist me on this topic."

Obviously not.

"Phillies has the best offensive lineup in the Major League baseball."

Proof?

"Phillies also have the best record in the league and best pitching staff in the league this year."

But you must also take into account the league the Phillies are in. While Boston is in the same League with the Yankees and Tampa, the phils are in with the Mets, Atlanta, and Florida Marlins.

" It's proven that 70% of a pofessional team who complete hard in the regular season to accomplish what they want will more likely come out victorious on top of the rest of the other team in that possentilonal sports."
Elaborate?

Arguments:

I believe Boston will win for these reasons:
1. Harder League
2. Pitching
3. Offense
4. Defense.

1. The phillies are jockying with Atlanta, The Mets, The Marlins, and Washington. These are some of the worst teams in baseball (maybe not the Braves). Meanwhile, the Sox have to deal with the Yankees and Tampa in their own league! The Phillies stats are therefore inflated due to conditions. [1]
2. Red Sox pitching is some of the best in the game. While it is a bit worse than phillies pitching, they make up for it in hitting.
3. Red sox Offense is much stronger than the Phillies'. Boston's cumulative Batting average is .281 compared to the Phillies' .251. Their OBP is .355 while Philidelphia has .323 and most notably is slugging percentage, a whopping .459, compared to Phil's meager .394. [2-3]
4. According to sources 2 and three also, Boston's defense is exponentially higher when it comes to balls fielded. This means that the few balls that Phillie does hit, will be dealt with.

This is why The Red Sox are my choice for the series.

1. http://mlb.com...
2.�http://espn.go.com...
3.�http://espn.go.com...
van114

Pro

Yes I agree with what you say, but your agrument is base on my facts. Simply saying Hard work always pays of. As a baseball fan who watches the game everyday and everynight will never take the con side of this debate. With the offensive power and hitters on the phillies lineup they are proven to beat anybody on any given day. major Ldeague Baseball is not like the NFL, because we all know in the National football League any thing can happen on any given sunday. Just don't forger yet that the phillies has one of the best pitching staff in all of baseball. And when I mean all , I really do mean all of baseball. so with out farer saying wheather you hate or love the Phillies, it so difficutl to take your knownlege away from a great team like this.
Rockylightning

Con

Refutations:

"Yes I agree with what you say, but your agrument is base on my facts"

Yes it is based on facts, I dont know about your facts.

"Simply saying Hard work always pays of"

It usually does.

"With the offensive power and hitters on the phillies lineup they are proven to beat anybody on any given day."

I have proven the Red Sox's offense and defense to be much stronger than the Phillies.

"because we all know in the National football League any thing can happen on any given sunday"

So you're agreeing with me that facts do not lie. The facts put on the table cripple your argument.

"Just don't forger yet that the phillies has one of the best pitching staff in all of baseball."

I concede that they have better pitching, but the Red Sox's offense coupled with their defense can overcome any pitching staff.

Conclusions:

1. I concede that the Phillie's pitching staff is superior to the Red Sox (not by much though).
2. I have proven using statistics that the Red Sox offense is much stronger than the Phillies.
3. I have proven using statistics that the Red Sox defense is much stronger than the Phillies.
4. Pro has failed to refute any of my arguments or refutations.

For these reasons I urge the voters to vote con.
Posted by breguera77 4 years ago
breguera77
ok. Im a phillies phan. and I highly doubt that the phillies will win this year. That is all ive got to say on the matter
Posted by emospongebob527 5 years ago
emospongebob527
Hey guess what............. The Cardinals won............
Posted by Cobo 6 years ago
Cobo
AND AGAIN I CALL IT!!!Man i should start betting moar
Posted by thett3 6 years ago
thett3
Pittsburg Pirates FTW!

/sarcasm
Posted by BlackVoid 6 years ago
BlackVoid
I was thinking either the Houston Astros or Portland Trail Blazers.
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
The World Series will be between the Astros and the Royals.
Posted by Cobo 6 years ago
Cobo
Bull Crap.
go Rangers.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 6 years ago
Man-is-good
van114RockylightningTied
Reasons for voting decision: Van, please use facts and arguments for your case before you can go on in a confident tone about your position. Not only did you spell some words wrong (such as 'yer', or 'aganist' or 'possentilonal') but you failed in every other category except for conduct.
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 6 years ago
BlackVoid
van114RockylightningTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious.
Vote Placed by tornshoe92 6 years ago
tornshoe92
van114RockylightningTied
Reasons for voting decision: S