Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Cruelty is the Heart of Human Nature

LuciferWept
Odotellessa

Time to make the argument of my avatar.Rules:No Trolling.Cite Sources in CommentsNew Arguments can be Made at any time (but remember, if you do this, you will have less time to defend a new argument and/or substantiate it)If you do choose to cite a book, please cite in MLA format, and also provide a link to the book on Amazon or some other retail site. Google Books may be cited as a secondary.No Sources in the First Argument. You may reference, but...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent
starhammer

THIS DEBATE IS ONLY FOR AN ATHEIST. IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q. Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and...

Voting Period
14 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Justice requires the recognition of animal rights

tejretics

"Justice" is defined as "giving each person their due." [1] "Animal rights" are defined as "moral or legal entitlements attributed to nonhuman animals." [2] Comment if interested; acceptance without permission gives me the right to have the debate reset by moderators, or gives me an automatic win, per my discretion. First round is for acceptance. No new arguments in the final round. BOP is shared. [1] https://www.scu.edu/ethics/ethics-resources/ethical-decision-making/justice-and-fa...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

ViceRegent
debatemaster163

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q. Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO,...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Which came first. The chicken or the egg.

Sonofcharl
CosmoJarvis

Con can choose which side of the argument they wish to debate. 5 open rounds. With a bit of conclusion at the end....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

You can neither prove theism or atheism

NoSafeSpaces
Mike_10-4

This debate is for any atheist or theist who wants to debate the topic. I am taking the agnostic/skeptic point of view. I will cede the first round to allow my opponent to establish their argument....

Debating Period
17 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Nothing Is a Fact.

Pest
vi_spex

Nothing is a fact. Anybody with an opinion will not believe me, because all that there can be; is opinion. You may reference anything you'd like, post any source you'd like. Anything you wish to say, you may say. Everything is up for debate. All subjects and topics are relevant. What is your point of view? Hit me with your best shot....

Debating Period
34 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

How does ViceRegent rationaly know truth from fiction

Dirty-Morgs
FaustThe21st

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT VICEREGENT KEEPS VOMITING WORDS AND YET HAS NOT ANSWERED MY Q. ViceRegent loves to live under the delusion that he is the guardian of rationality. But how can he hold this title when he cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If he cannot do this, he is literally ignorant and the i...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

ViceRegent
DStallman

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Government is immoral

tommylibertarian1
Lupricona

Round 1 is acceptance only Round 2 is for argument Round 3 is for rebuttal Round 4 is for conclusions Thanks and good luck!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago