Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Bryan Mullins Logic: Not All Conspiracies Are True, Not All Conspiracies Are False

SuperTrooper44
Jonbonbon

Not all conspiracies are true and not all conspiracies are false. Here, let me show you examples, SJM. Some Conspiracies Are True: For Example, Americans had a conspiracy that Nixon was going to break into Watergate, That apparently was true, Nixon had to face impeachment trials and hearings in 1974; Later, Nixon resigns and admits that he made a plan to break into Watergate. Some Conspiracies Are False: For Example, During The War on Terror, Some Americans had the conspiracy that Georg...

Voting Period
12 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Are people born gay?

Benzyl
Kynikos

Hello, first debater here. In this debate, if anyone accepts, I will be arguing that people are not born gay. Keping it simple, the rounds will go as follows: Round 1: Acceptance Round 2: Opening arguments Round 3: Refutations and argument extensions Round 4: Closing arguments and refutations Best of luck and thank you to challenger...

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

People should not buy products made by child laborers.

BOBDABuilDER101lol
Benzyl

If people didn't buy products made by child labor then the children would not have jobs or have money to live....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

There is absolute truth

SufferPeacefully
Coveny

There is absolute truth. Not everything is a matter of perspective. In order for you to say or be anything, even to criticise you must exist. If you don't exist, you cant do any of these things. Therefore existence is a fundamental truth. With that fundamental truth comes the ability to lie (existence is not an absolute truth, wich requires you to exist in order to say that)....

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Hurting Others Can Be a Good Thing

holla1755
TheUnexaminedLife

Many governments, organizations, and people punish other governments, organizations, and people. The government hurts others through its military and criminal justice system. Some governments have tortured adversarial people. Organizations hurt employees or students who misbehave as members and hurt people who infringe on organizations' rights, such as copyrights, trademarks, and patents. People, such as parents, hurt members of their own family, such as their children or adolescents, who misbeh...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

It is more plausible that Free Will exists, than Determinism

TUF
Swagnarok

Hello there and welcome to round 1 of SolonKR's Official May Tournament! The official thread for round 1 can be found here: http://www.debate.org/forums/debate.org/topic/100775/I am very excited for this debate and I hope that my opponent and I can both learn and grow from each others arguments in this debate. I will be taking the stance of Free Will, while my opponent will be arguing for Determinism."

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Science leaves no room for free will.

Sakushi
TheUnexaminedLife

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting my challenge. I will be arguing for the Con, in this debate. I do not think that science leaves no room for free will. To begin I will clarify a few definitions. I propose the use of the Webster definitions of the terms. Free Will: "voluntary choice or decision " Science: "a department of systematized knowledge as an object of study the science of theology" Round 1 will be acceptance and clarification of definitions: Round 2 will be the...

Debating Period
62 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The communist theory isn't bad

Dh20031211
nathanr2555

The Marxist ideology that the capitalist system is corrupt and that the people are being exploited is actually pretty accurate. Communist party leaders are usually evil and so give the philosophy a bad reputation in history but in fact it isn't really bad....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The communist theory isn't bad

Dh20031211
TheMarketLibertarian

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

God exists.

Ockham
TheUnexaminedLife

The proposition is that God exists. Pro will be defending the proposition that God exists, while Con will be arguing that Pro has not established that God exists.By accepting this debate, Pro accepts that they have the burden to do two things:1. Provide a coherent and reasonable definition of God2. Provide cogent arguments or evidence for the existence of GodI will explain what each of these mean.Requirement 1

Voting Period
15 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago