Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Theism is more probable than atheism

MarkusWaldow01
Freddy.Kruger

Opponent brings argument for atheism. Burden of proof on both sides, avoid fallacies. While there are good arguments for theism (cosmological argument, teleological argument, moral argument, etc.), I will defend that there are no good arguments for atheism. 1. There are good theistic arguments for theism. 2. There aren't any good theistic arguments for atheism. 3. Therefore theism is more probable....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Can good and evil coexist in one human heart?

NKJVPosttribulationist
NKTheChef

I am good and evil. Because of four neuropsychiatric conditions, I say some ugly things when I'm not right. But I also do good things like share Yeshua, and try to help people. All I'm saying is ever cognatively abled human has good and evil, and we should feed the good, heal the bad, and empathize even with an enemy....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The philosophy is the philosophy

Skept
Flatstanley

The philosophy is the philosophy....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

There is a difference between a black person and a nigger

BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Masterful

There is a difference between a black person and a nigger. A black person, is an African American, or a respectable black human being. For example, Martin Luther King Jr, Michael Jackson, and Stevie Wonder. A nigger is, for example, a blood, crip, drug dealer, rapper, and black lives matter member. Post your next round, if you dare....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

The sword is mightier than the pen.

Danielle
Coveny

"The pen is mightier than the sword" is a proverb indicating that communication (particularly written language), or in some interpretations, administrative power or advocacy of an independent press, is a more effective tool than direct violence and military prowess. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pen_is_mightier_than_the_sword In the upcoming rounds, I will be arguing that the sword is more effective. I will begin the discussion in Round Two upon my opponent's acceptance....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

is God real

jackgilbert
Jeffrey_Rocks

Con goes first....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Are traps gay?

Ezpresso
tellytiger

Are traps gay?...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

is God real?

jackgilbert
FanboyMctroll

Con goes first....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Optimism vs. Pessimism

Danielle
Coveny

Introduction An optimist is a person with a positive outlook on life. A pessimist is a person with a negative outlook on life. Dispositional optimism and pessimism are typically assessed by asking people whether they expect future outcomes to be beneficial or negative. In this debate, I will be arguing that it is overall better to be an optimist than a pessimist.Upon my opponent's acce...

Voting Period
21 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Is circular reasoning always a logical fallacy?

NKJVPosttribulationist
J-A-Moore

I don't think so. My mother: Do you want something to eat? Me: No, I'm not hungry. My Mom: Why not? Me: I just don't want to. Conclusion: I have used circular reasoning, but have not committed a fallacy. You can't turn everything in the debate....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago