Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Hierarchy in society pro or con

Aeden_r
DawsonBruno

I do not believe in a hierarchy of society since the dawn of man there has been segregation from the black peoples of America to the homosexual rights movement and there has never been equality in society there should be one given thing to unite humans as a species but the moronic hierarchy segregates every one. Everyone should be seen as equal since the late 9th century England has had a hierarchy (the feudal system)...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Is the quintessence of life an orgasm?

Jangle_WankFred
DawsonBruno

think bout it k? lie is only dream that u make up wen u sleep. when we wake up we get to met new day n all is gud but u dnt get to see je...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

The Mandela Effect

nura

Hey there, fellow reader. I am willing to have an argument slash debate about the Mandela Effect. Recently I have been noticing the amount of people that actually believe in this bull, not really that surprising considering the fact that these are the same people who obsess over conspiracy theories. But anyhow, this whole Mandela Effect thing has been brought up and on the internet for so long that its starting to get on my nerves. The number of YouTube videos I have came across with that explai...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

are we in a videogame?

victorisaiahdebate
Aviel

Yes! we are. You see there is a limit to how fast information can travel just like how fast a game can compute things. Next there is a bit size or the smallest thing a computer can simulate, just like quarks or superstrings or quantum foam. the gods could just be other players that were fighting each other and the reason no more are seen is because a computer might be able to simulate thousands of human lives per second and this may just be one of those instances when no one is playing that migh...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Physicalism Is Probably False

Rational_Thinker9119
hielispace

Physicalism is the doctrine which essentially states that everything is physical. I am going to argue that this thesis is probably false. What does it mean for something to be physical? I think the most comprehensive definition is as follows: X is physical if it is spacetime, or is a field, force, piece of matter or energy within spacetime (or a collection of any of them). First round is for acceptance....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

War is Inevitable, Given Human Nature.

RC-9282

I will be taking Pro on this topic, and my opponent will be delegated as Con. [Note] This debate should be impossible to accept, given the criteria. If you somehow manage to do so, you automatically forfeit this debate. As Pro, I will be arguing war cannot be avoided as long as humans retain the basic tenants of humanity. To clarify, I think we can all agree that the defining traits of humans are such: - Passion - Greed - Hate - Innovation - Intelligence Please note that these are...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Beauty is only skin deep.

nishanth
CaptainCrustacean

Beauty is not skin deep because there is more to a thing than its outward appearance. It is better if we all are able to see that inner beauty, like belle, in beauty and beast....

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is humanity a defective species?

bravevline
Superspork

I have to come to believe that humanity is broken for many reasons. We do not support the environment in a positive way, unlike any other organism which does help the natural ecosystem, even through the destruction it causes, making us the only one. We genetically modify plants and animals and create toxic, and unnatural chemicals/materials, such as plastic, and radioactive energy sources that nature may not be able to redress even after we are gone. Animal species are now going extinction at a...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Do we live in the matrix?

CivilianName295
Sensorfire

I will be arguing that we live in the matrix and that our universe is a simulation (virtual reality). (CON) will argue that we life in a real objective reality. This debate will not be about who the simulator is since the simulator could be Gods mind or a computer but this debate won't be focusing on that instead it will focus on if OUR universe is a simulaton. Rules: No bringing religion into the debate, use evidence, no personal attacks Round 1: Accept rules and conditions Round 2: Eac...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is Global a Warming Real??

FlowerCrownedBitch
Kylie.Cunningham

I don't think it is, but I'm pretty sure whoever sees this and wants to debate will be Con; I'm just really curious about the views that people have on this topic :)...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago