Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Lesbians cannot call there "mates" wives due to the fact that marriage is a religious concept

MuhammadAbrar
Masterful

Because in religion there isnt any concept of a "Homosexual" Marriage of root values (original texts), the concept of a "husband to Husband" and a "Wife to Wife" is non existent - and just should call each other a couple or "Mates" for people's understanding....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 22 Minutes Ago

God exists.

Ockham
BrettBoelkens

The resolution is that God exists. Pro will be arguing that God exists, while Con will be arguing that Pro has not established that God exists.By accepting this debate, Pro agrees that they have the burden of proof to establish that it is objectively more likely than not that God exists. The rules for assessing this are the standard rules of logic, including the rules of deductive and inductive inference. For example, a deductive argument must be deductively valid and have premi...

Voting Period
10 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

God doesn't exist

CaesarNathanSkinner
SirNoodles518

My argument is that due to the lack of credible evidence for God's existence the most reasonable position is to disbelieve in God. The burden of proof lies on those who believe in God, just as the burden of proof would lie on Bigfoot believers to make their case. Since the burden of proof lies on those who believe in God, then the debate I take it should focus on the Con side of this argument attempting to give credible evidence for God, while I on the Pro side will attempt to argue for the evid...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

It is more reasonable to not believe in God than to believe in God.

CaesarNathanSkinner
BrettBoelkens

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

There are absolute truths about existence.

Comeatmebruh666
BrettBoelkens

This argument is addressing the question "Are there absolute truths about existence?" and I will let con decide all the definitions if he is willing. Let the debating begin....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Not everybody has a purpose in life.

ivanschneider1985
CosmicSoL

Some people just live, and others were born accidents. Some even take up space in this world....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Everything Can Be Explained Without God

holla1755
Moelogy

It is not true that: everything can be explained without God. It's possible that if everything could be explained without God, we would have already moved on from the notion of God long ago. Some explanations are incomplete unless they include God as a reason....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Truth is stranger than fiction

Zebra03
Comeatmebruh666

It is strange how in fiction we can write about technology, such as hover boards and jetpacks. Which seem to be the most amazing, unrealistic and strange things in books. However, it is stranger yet that we have the ability and technology to be able to create these things. In fiction, none of the physical processes is required. It is simply an idea that has been thought of. In reality, however, there needs to be a huge amount of strange and wonderful kit required to build these things. Take for...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

knowledge: needs to be salvaged from the past wisdom or needs to be updated

pushp.g4
Comeatmebruh666

Knowledge needs to be updated in the light of contemporary knowledge. Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes. It is beyond a doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience.and everyday we have new experiences updating our knowledge of people, circumstances, life and society.past wisdom may not be useful in the present....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

THW: ban the use of condoms

QueenDaisy
Luceanne

The motion is "THW: ban the use of condoms". I will OPPOSE this motion. The format is as follows: R1: Acceptance, Pro's first arguments. R2 & R3: main body of argument and rebuttal. R4: Rebuttal and summation. No new arguments may be introduced, and voters should ignore new arguments made in R4. I would like to wish my opponent the best of luck in the debate, and look forward to an interesting discussion....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago