Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Laws of Logic prove Biblical Creation

jrardin12
felixmendelssohn

1. Rational reasoning involves using the laws of logic. Therefore, A rational worldview must be able to account for the existence of such laws. As an example, Let"s just consider one of the laws of logic: the law of non-contradiction. This law states that any contradiction is false: you can"t have A and not-A at the same time and in the same relationship (where the letter A represents any claim). For example, The statement "My car is in the garage and it is not the case that my car is in the gar...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Absolute Morality proves Biblical Creation

jrardin12
backwardseden

I believe I added too much information in my other two debates. I am going to narrow my points as to why evolution cannot account for morality without basing it on Biblical Creation. 1. Evolutionists have no logical reason to believe in any sort of moral imperative within their own worldview. 2. In the evolution worldview, Right and wrong can be nothing more than electro-chemical reactions in the brain " the result of time and chance. If the concepts of right and wrong are to be meaningful...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Death Penalty

Topaet
kyleniel

My position as Con will be to show that the death penalty as it is currently being applied in the USA should not be allowed while Pro will have to argue that it is justified and should continue to be applied as it currently is. Pro has to post his opening argument in round 1 and skip his last round. Thank you for accepting this debate and have fun....

Voting Period
10 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

All Abortion should be legal up to 20 weeks of pregnancy

LoveRichardDawkins
tagezerby

Abortion is the terminating of a pregnancy due to the removal of an embryo or fetus before it can survive outside of the uterus. When I say "All Abortion" I mean that women should have the right to choose to abort a pregnancy in any circumstance as long as the pregnancy has not lasted more than the current legal period of 20 weeks. Abortion post-20 weeks risks causing pain and suffering to a conscious human being which could survive outside the womb and thus is immoral. First round is ju...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

(For people who don"t believe in God) Free will is an illusion

RooRooTheCooCoo
BertrandsTeapot

All brains are established and continue to develop in a way that only makes it possible to make one decision in any given circumstance...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Free will is not an illusion

BertrandsTeapot
ChickenNosedHen

One cannot be the author of their own conscious desires or thoughts. One cannot have control over their wants and needs and impulses. Any decision you try to trace back can only be traced back to some unconscious process over which you had no control....

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

jrardin12
felixmendelssohn

Absolute Morality Morality is a very difficult problem for the evolutionary worldview. This isn"t to say that evolutionists are somehow less moral than anyone else. Most of them adhere to a code of behavior. Like the biblical creationist, They do believe in the concepts of right and wrong. The problem is that evolutionists have no logical reason to believe in any sort of moral imperative within their own worldview. In the evolution worldview, Right and wrong can be nothing more than electr...

Voting Period
21 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Uniformity of Nature proves Biblical Creation

jrardin12
32doni32nido32

Some evolutionists have argued that science isn"t possible without evolution. They teach that science and technology actually require the principles of molecules-toman evolution in order to work. They claim that those who hold to a biblical creation worldview are in danger of not being able to understand science! Ironically, Evolution is actually contrary to the principles of science. That is, If evolution were true, The concept of science would not make sense. Science actually requires...

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

jrardin12
AleXander_01

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Laws of Logic prove Biblical Creation

jrardin12
Sonofcharl

1. Laws of Logic Rational reasoning involves using the laws of logic. Therefore, A rational worldview must be able to account for the existence of such laws. As an example, Let"s just consider one of the laws of logic: the law of non-contradiction. This law states that any contradiction is false: you can"t have A and not-A at the same time and in the same relationship (where the letter A represents any claim). For example, The statement "My car is in the garage and it is not the case that...

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago