newarksonic33
Xenoth

Phoenix Wright is left handed.

Started: 2/25/2017 Category: Games

newarksonic33

Pro

Let's start off with a sprite.

Phoenix holds his paper and mug on his left hand, scratches his chin with his left hand, points with his left hand.
Xenoth

Con

OBJECTION!

Holding his mug and his paper in his left hand, while also pointing with his left hand means nothing! I will be arguing that Phoenix Wright is ambidextrous.

My evidence?
In a promotional poster for the Wii we see Phoenix Wright holding a Wii remote with his right hand:
http://www.debate.org...

Therefore we must come to the conclusion that he uses his right hand as well as his left hand, making her ambidextrous, but dominantly left!
newarksonic33

Pro

OBJECTION!

This was a new type of artwork, meaning it is not official. Phoenix also uses the WIIMote on his left hand. If your argument involves Edgeworth, then I will get you offtopic.
Xenoth

Con

I OBJECT!

That may be so but since you doubt it, I present you several posters and a game cover. To say all of these are fake is absurd! Furthermore in several of these he is pointing (similar to his signature move). It may be said that left handed people use wiimotes on their right hand yet in every promotional poster? Furthermore to overlook this mistake every single time is absurd as well! For the ease of both of us, these photos are in the evidence album located on my profile: http://www.debate.org...
newarksonic33

Pro

The first photo looks mirrored. Second, that may just be a fanmade cover, 3, there is no Phoenix doing stuff that he would do with his left hand here, 4th, maybe he- ugh, IDK, 5th, seems like a mirror.
Xenoth

Con

The first was the one from last time. For the second one you can see the Capcom logo and trademarks. For the third you can see him holding his cup in his right hand. For the fifth and final one, you can Google Phoenix Wright v professor Layton and every single cover will show you the same thing: Phoenix Wright pointing with his right hand.
newarksonic33

Pro

For the 2nd, 3rd and 5th one, that is just an temporary "right-handed-Phoenix-Wright" thing.
Xenoth

Con

Exactly. Ambidextrous people use one hand mostly but can also use both comfortably, which is evident in this pictures. Also for the last one, if you play the game or Google photos, you will still see him using his right hand. The only reason they made his sprite object with his left hand is because artistically it looks nicer and overall less confusing. It's a common practice and we must take in account the 3D and non-sprite versions and not claim that it was occasional. I would suspect that he will use his right hand more in newer games as the designers won't have to worry about how it would look good in sprite form.
newarksonic33

Pro

OBJECTION!

They must have flipped Phoenix to make him right handed, then made him face the other side. Look at this article: http://askaceattorney.tumblr.com... and tell me I am wrong. Yes, I am ambidextrous IRL, but I am dominantly left handed. If Phoenix does not even know he has told a person he's left handed then I don't know if a Phoenix Wright does exist IRL.
Xenoth

Con

OBJECTION!
YOUR evidence is faulty. The evidence you are presenting is a Tumblr blog written by someone else. Furthermore, all of the people talking are just Apollo, not Phoenix! The closest we currently have to Phoenix Wright is.. I can't believe I'm saying this but Phoenix Wright the Musical:
http://www.debate.org...
As you can see Phoenix Wright is pointing with her right hand in this photo.
Posted by newarksonic33 1 year ago
newarksonic33
I thought that guy holding the cup wasn't Phoenix.
Posted by Xenoth 1 year ago
Xenoth
There was another poster with him using his left hand. m8 btfo
Posted by newarksonic33 1 year ago
newarksonic33
Yes I also am ambidextrous, but I am better writing left handed.
Posted by m8 1 year ago
m8
I am left handed and I held Wiimotes in my right hand. Xenoth btfo