Phone on the wall, it was better for us all!

When your phone was attached to a wall,
and not any smarter then those that called
you were free to evolve

Now you are controlled,
by greedy trolls.
Slaves of your phone, never are you alone
Forced to answer when anyone calls your ring tone

Go home, masters of us'
We refuse to ride your bus
into hell.

I hope I'm not expected to respond in poetry style...

Cell phones are absolutely an improvement to our lives. The phone's themselves don't control people. All the phone does is connect you to other people. Talking on a cell phone, or texting, isn't any worse than talking on a land line or writing letters.

Never being alone isn't a bad thing, either. With a cell phone, you can call someone if your car breaks down or dial 911 if there's an emergency. If you get lost, you can bring up a map on your phone, or call someone for directions. If you're at the grocery store, your sister can call you to ask you to pick up milk because she forgot to put it on the list, or if you're out somewhere you can call a friend and invite them to come join you. It's convenient and safe to never be completely out of touch with people.

No one is forced to answer their phones, though. If you don't want to talk to a certain person, your phone has caller ID. You can also turn the phone off whenever you want, or put it on silent. No matter how advanced phones might be, they only do what the user tells them to do.

I am not afraid of my herd not being here,
That is called independence.
With smart phones we are not but a herd of stupid codependents.
When the power goes out, and your cell phone cannot be charged, does that make you fearful?
It will happen someday, I hope.
In America we live behind the ideas created by the Declaration of Independence.
Not the Benefits of Codependence.

I don't actually own a cell phone, by the way, so I'm not biased here.

Cell phone's batteries last for quite awhile. I doubt most power outages last for over 24 hours. Plus, most phones come with car chargers. Power outages don't really affect phone usage at all. I doubt anyone's afraid to sit in their own house without a phone, but if I were walking down to the corner store after dark to pick up a snack, I'd certainly feel safer with a phone in my hand to dial 911 just in case anything happened.

Taking advantage of the systems we have set up for safety and convenience isn't codependence. One could argue that computers are just as bad as cell phones, but here you are online.

All most need is to feel safer, not that they are, it just what they feel.

You are so naive.

Being able to call 911 or call someone you know for help is absolutely safer than being in a dangerous situation alone with no way of contacting the outside world.

Even if you don't think phones make things safer, they don't make things any less safe. Therefor, having the phone on the wall didn't necessarily make things any better for anyone.
Posted by LogicalLunatic 2 years ago
Was that poetry?
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Huh. That was. Huh. Con refuted the premise pretty quickly, and reconstruction of the argument was never made. I am not a fan of smart phones or cells either, but this didn't demonstrate why. At all.