Microsuck
MrCarroll

Photoshop debate

Microsuck

Microsuck

Pro

This is a fun debate that I feel like doing. Today, we will be having a photoshop debate to see who can make the "best" photoshop work.

Rounds
1. Acceptance
2. First paintings
3. Critiques and second paintings
4. Second critiques and third paintings
5. Final critiques; no new paintings.

Rules
1. Any topic goes
2. You must have your photoshop images in JPEG
3. You must post your images in this debate or in your photos; preferbly in this debate.
4. This must be YOUR original work.
5. You must give a brief overview on how it was done (i.e., the steps involved).
6. This must be created in Photoshop CS3 or higher.
7. Give a title to your image
8. HAVE FUN!

Voters
1. You will decide which images you like best
2. You will give a brief critique on why you like the images the best

Good luck, and may the best photoshop artist win.
MrCarroll

Con

Let us begin.
Microsuck

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate.

The first image I would like to present to you is an image that I have personally restored. This is a picture of my grandad in his earlier years.

Before the restoration

As you see, there are tons of problems with this image. The image is very blurry, the horse has many blemishes, and you simply cannot see the detail. After I have restored it, this is what it looked like

I scanned the image and uploaded it to photoshop. I did the auto contrast, auto color, auto levels to restore the color. I removed the side by cropping it down and erasing the sides to give it a new border.

After all of this, I used the clone stamp tool to restore the horse to the original color (at least to what I thought it was) and removed the fold marks by using the same tool.

I look forward to your image.
MrCarroll

Con

My first image will be a desktop wallpaper I just finished. This sports graphic features the great Lionel Messi and his new adidas logo.

I can't remember the entire process. First, Messi needed to be cut out. Then I desaturated the image, and then I duplicated the layers of the original picture several times, altering their settings until I achieved the desired effect. I took a layer and on an overlay setting went on to give the image its color. The Messi brand logo was placed in the image and the color was altered. Then lastly I added a simple line texture over the entire graphic (which can't be seen since the website shows everything at rubbish quality).

I can't wait to see your next image.
Microsuck

Pro

I thank my partner for posting his image. I must say, you did a very good job with the image. The only criticism I may have is that it may be a bit too "monocolor."

Next image: CBC Logo

I was recently hired to do my church's website and this is the logo that I made.

The idea for this template came from a google website that I saw that had a pre-made template. I liked the wheet grains quite a bit and decided to use the similar aspect. I found the PSD file and integrated it to my website. The final steps were to create the Conowingo Baptist and the "Welcome to" sign. It turned out pretty nice I feel and hopefully we can use this for the site.

I can't wait to see your next image.
MrCarroll

Con

MrCarroll forfeited this round.
Microsuck

Pro

Because my partner forfeited, I'll refrain from posting any image in this round.
MrCarroll

Con

MrCarroll forfeited this round.
Microsuck

Pro

Partner forfeited yet again. Therefore, a PRO vote is warranted. I will; however, present one final image:

This is a badge I made for the STEP program at the School of Tech.
MrCarroll

Con

MrCarroll forfeited this round.
Posted by MrCarroll 4 years ago
MrCarroll
Okay, I am experiencing some technical difficulties. The image can be viewed full quality here:
http://img651.imageshack.us...

Or rubbish quality here:
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by MrCarroll 4 years ago
MrCarroll
That didn't turn out right. If you have trouble seeing the first image, drag it onto your desktop or something. Sorry about that.
Posted by Microsuck 4 years ago
Microsuck
Do pretty much anything as long as its made by you on photoshop.
Posted by MrCarroll 4 years ago
MrCarroll
So, when you said, paintings, did you mean actual paintings, altered photos, or whatever I choose?
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
How do people vote off of this? It seems that the critique is purely subjective and there's no actual way to weigh between paintings.
Posted by Microsuck 4 years ago
Microsuck
Lol. I'm sure you'll still enjoy the debate
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
If Only I had photoshop, and knew how to use it on top of that.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
MicrosuckMrCarrollTied