Pink_unicorns_forever
atoy120

Photoshop on magazine covers should be band

Pink_unicorns_forever
Started: 12/31/2013 Category: Technology

Pink_unicorns_forever

Pro

Today almost all Girls feel unhappy with there bodies which leads to the growing issue of anorexia and bulimia. The worst part about Photoshop on magazine covers is that many companies use something called white washing. White washing is taking a photo of a colored person and removing all the color from their picture. Then make beautiful rare colored people appear pale. They often change their hair from a dark chocolate brown to an extremely unnatural blonde. In an insecure colored teen sees such a image the teen May think that is what they must look like to be beautiful. This is extremely discriminating an example of such an act is on a loriel beauty magazine Beyonc" was photoshopped onto the cover except she did not look like her natural self she looked like a blonde model who missed her sun tan session. Photoshop on magazine covers does not only affect females it may just as easily effect male athletes. For example there was a famous tennis star to had an arm of a body bolder photoshopped onto him. If a young tennis star saw this they could feel discouraged because they will feel that the only way for then to succeed it to build crazy body builder muscles. Companies today are photoshopping images to such extent that a person would not be able to achieve such a body alive. Why are we making people strive for something that will kill them? Photoshop on magazines should be banned right away because there are more harms of Photoshop than one could ever explain in a life time. For these reasons we are proud to prepose.
atoy120

Con

Nobody looks at magazine covers and says they look ugly compared to them. It just looks bad because they have idiots doing it all wrong. I don't get jelly when I see some strong guy on a magazine cover. Nobody else does either. They always look awful. I don't think it's even called Photoshop, they edit their face or something. Try to slow down when you type, u tipe lyke dis.
Pink_unicorns_forever

Pro

It is true that not everybody looks at magazines but we still have a growing issue with eating disorders and this house believes that we should do everything in our power to stop such terrible diseases. Photo shop on magazines is getting worse and worse every day therefor it probably killed many people by making them starve themselves. I agree that people don't feel jelly of these people but after constant bombardment people will believe that what they see in these magazines is what they must look like to be pretty. For a a teenage girl being pretty is extremely important I know this because i am currently a teenage girl I middle school where everybody gets judged by how they look. Obviously this is not what people should be judged on but this is reality and we there is not much we can do about it. If we ban photo shop on magazines people can feel more confident and be less judgmental about themselves and there peers. People will know that even the Hollywood stars have imperfections. Currently the people on the front of magazines do look terrible in many cases but if they are on the front of a popular beauty magazine people will immediately think that if they post it then that must be pretty. You might not see the effects of such magazines right away bit they are there; who does not want to look like there idol? Photoshop on magazines should be banned immediately.
atoy120

Con

Eating disorders aren't because of Photoshop. It has not killed one person. Nobody wants to look like the ugly people Photoshop makes them look like. If people think they have imperfections, they get plastic surgery or put on makeup or something like that. I have no idea what you are talking about when you say they starve themselves because all u see on the magazines is their face.
Posted by Iamthejuan 3 years ago
Iamthejuan
If I was con, I would have reveled in taking Pros grammar literally in his title.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
I like your argument about whitewashing persons of color (though I wonder why we are "rare?"). I appreciate your sticking up for minorities. So, I hope you don't take this eh wrong way, but I felt there wer traces of sexist themes in your argument. Your argument plays off of the sexist stereotype of women, that they are all vain and intrinsically concerned about their body, and that in teenagers their obsession over how boys will think of them drive them to annorexia and bolima. Women are not so sensitive that they must be protected from magazine covers, thank you very much. Maybe men should stop using women as sexual objects to decorate magazines and advertisements, and in general. Other then that, seems like a fine debate.
Posted by JustAnotherGuy 3 years ago
JustAnotherGuy
Photoshop on Magazine Covers is already a band. They are playing at my local pub on Friday!
Posted by alevan 3 years ago
alevan
Banned*
Vote Placed by gordonjames 3 years ago
gordonjames
Pink_unicorns_foreveratoy120Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was less of a debate, and more of a rant (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rant) Conduct to PRO because of CONs personal attack (" you type, u tipe lyke dis.")
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Pink_unicorns_foreveratoy120Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro wins that photoshop is responsible for a significant amount of self esteem difficulties for young women and is also a form of excluding blackness/coloredness. Pro wins that photoshop is partially responsible for the pandemic of bulimia and anorexia. Con was a times disrespectful and seemed to rely on contradicting her/his opponent rather than following up her/his points with reasons and analysis.