martinandkyoraku
TheodoreKreis

Physical Punishment.

martinandkyoraku

Pro

I am clearly for physical punishment as a method of education. Some parents today are not enough strict and they do not put enough restrictions to their children.In some cases this children take the wrong way, some parents try to look like a friend more than a father , but a children have enough friends, they need parents that , among other things , impose rules and make sure that their child respect them.
In other hand, we have to make sure that we all know the differences between physical punishment and child abuse, I do not mean that this kind of punishment is appropriate like a daily thing, but I think that it could give good results in some situations.
(I also think all I said could be used for the school too).
TheodoreKreis

Con

I accept this challenge. Good luck to you.
martinandkyoraku

Pro

TheodoreKreis

Con

I agree that children should be punished by their parents. But as far as school punishment goes the school administrative staff should recommend a certain action against the child but should have no authority in dealing out any physical punishment. If a teacher hits a student the there will be a massive uproar with people who are anti-violence and child abuse supporters will start a big fuss. In all you will cause a lot of trouble for a little problem.
martinandkyoraku

Pro

As I understood you are agree with the Physical Punishment at 50% , you said that parents should use this kind of education with their childrens, but in other hand you are not agree with my idea that school could also use the physical punishment to educate the childrens.
If you are agree with me at the point that the parents can use this kind of methods that means that you can see some positive point in physical punishment, and if you can see the good side of the physicall punishment at home , why can you not see it in the school?
Its true that is not exactly the same , but when I said physicall punishment in school I mean like it was 30 years ago , there was physicall punishment but there was also some limits that the teacher have to respect.
TheodoreKreis

Con

I understand what you mean. But times have changed and so have laws. Laws that forbid any physical correctional measures used by teachers on their pupils. We live in a society where children are first. I do not agree with that but that is the way times are right now. Now if people don't like a certain law then they can call your local congressman and try to persuade that congressman to work to change that law. Also like I stated before. If teachers take correctional measures against their pupils then many child abuse and child rights organizations will be screaming for that teachers head on a platter. It will be a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
If you change the time limit on the debate, to be completed in one day, I would take this debate.

You are a very new user, and suspect will simply forfeit. If you wish to debate this, I would be happy to, but not to have it end in forfeit.