Mr.Bonpaclat
simpleguy

Physical Punishment

simpleguy

Mr.Bonpaclat

Pro

Kids which receive beats are more obedient that kids that don't receive beats
simpleguy

Con

I accept, present your case.
Mr.Bonpaclat

Pro

Yes it is correct. Of course the punishment should be given to the students. But before it at least 3 warnings should be given. If then also the students didn't follow the words of their teacher or parents then they should definitely get punishment. It should not be too violent, a rustication letter,make them stand on bench,stick can work ...After that before doing anything they will think over it
simpleguy

Con

Punishment should not be given as physical assault is illegal and I do not believe teachers want to go to jail. Pro seems to give a number of guidelines to follow, but who will be there to monitor them? No one. Teachers are free to abuse it all they like. Maybe they had a bad day and decide to hit some kids. Who would be there to stop them? No one. How can we judge whether it's 'too violent'? We can't. It is also impossible to rationally deduct that physical punishment will directly lead to a child questioning all future decisions. Pro has given no reasoning or evidence for this.

I will now provide some psychological evidence that beating a child is bad for their development.

Physical punishments result in long term effects of depression, anxiety, substance abuse in later years, and a slew of other problems[1].

They result in a higher incidence of health issues in adult life such as cardiovascular disease[2].

Children who are hit are more likely to grow up to be aggressive[3].

It simply teachers children to avoid getting caught rather than attacking the heart of the issue - not doing it at all[4].

There is no evidence that physical punishment is beneficial[5].

[1] http://pediatrics.aappublications.org...;
[2] http://pediatrics.aappublications.org...;
[3] http://pediatrics.aappublications.org...;
[4] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...;
[5] http://www.cmaj.ca...;
Mr.Bonpaclat

Pro

speaking about no one will be there to monitor, if the teachers get mad they will be caught, because today there are cameras, and besides teacher in these days they have to be highly qualified to teach so even if is needed to hit the kids the teacher of course will know what to do. by the way my father received beats and he is with a perfect health with no problems.
simpleguy

Con

Unfortunately, we do not live in a totalitarian world like that of 1984 where everything is monitored by cameras - there are no cameras in classrooms - even if there were, it would be in very few schools. Not every area of the school can be covered by cameras, the teacher can easily take a student to a place out of view and "punish" them. Contrary to popular belief, teachers to not have to be extremely qualified, especially in primary school and high school standards. As Pro has not provided any sources in his claims, I don't believe I need to, it's common knowledge basically. Furthermore, not everyone with academics can be 100% calm 100% of the time, to think so is just stupid. (Note: I am not calling my opponent stupid, I am simply saying anyone who thinks like that is stupid. Unless my opponent thinks like that.) Pro then uses his example of his father which is a fallacy of composition - just because it is true for a part does not mean it is true for the whole. I have clearly rebuffed all my opponent's weak arguments and he has provided no evidence for his claims.
Mr.Bonpaclat

Pro

simple guy it was nice debate with you this was my first debate and I don't know much but you are good I think you won
simpleguy

Con

Thank you for your honourable concession and I wish you luck in all future debates.
Mr.Bonpaclat

Pro

Thank you and because you are skilled I don't need to say good luck with further debates, just keep like this =)
simpleguy

Con

simpleguy forfeited this round.
Posted by IwinYoulose333 3 years ago
IwinYoulose333
I wish I could receive beats, but they cost over a hundred dollars.
Vote Placed by Relativist 3 years ago
Relativist
Mr.BonpaclatsimpleguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is being excessively polite, thats very nice, conduct point to him. It is obvious simpleguy wins this, as his argument was backed with numerous studies while Bonpaclat only made a subjective claim, without any evidence, his opinion is without merit. Con was polite as well, so S&G to him in order for him to have an equal share of that politeness. I'm sorry if i'm stepping outside the boundaries of the voting system, but this is a very small debate.