BuleFirePhonix
iamawesomedebater

Physician Assisted Suicide

BuleFirePhonix

Pro

Physician assisted suicide is a widely spread topic among many people. It's a very frequent topic from what I have heard. I do believe infact that physician assisted suicide should be allowed. Physicians are absolutely supposed to be there for the healing process, as said in http://www.ama-assn.org...?

But not always can the healing do much better for a patient with illness so bad that the pain haunts and creeps on their body till they do meet their demise. Euthanasia is a very good way to let them stop the pain, as said as "the painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease or in an irreversible coma." It may seem like injustice towards the person. But they shouldn't have to live in pain and fear of what may happen to them before they die. It's like abortion, I do not believe anyone needs to suffer from what has happened to them because it was mostly an accident. Illnesses are definitely accidents. I think taking away the chance for someone to become better and in rest...Is just unethical. Just like making suicide illegal, is preventing the chance for someone to find peace by not living anymore. Especially if that person is going through rough times and cannot deal with the stress anymore.
iamawesomedebater

Con

No matter how bad the person is suffering you should never end his life. He/she may have people very dear to he/she. Killing he/she would do much damage to their feelings and they might even commit suicide to end their grief.
BuleFirePhonix

Pro

You don't show much evidence that it shouldn't be allowed. You are only telling me that what the family thinks would affect them as well. In my response, Yes, it would affect them. Tremendously. But think about it, what if the family also were okay with them ending their life before they would actually die. Don't you think if a person is terminally ill and they die anyways, it would cause the same affect on the family as if the person were to fall asleep peacefully and die from Euthanasia?
iamawesomedebater

Con

iamawesomedebater forfeited this round.
BuleFirePhonix

Pro

Hopefully my opponent will not forfeit the next round.
iamawesomedebater

Con

iamawesomedebater forfeited this round.
BuleFirePhonix

Pro

I again hope my opponent does not forfeit the next round.
iamawesomedebater

Con

iamawesomedebater forfeited this round.
BuleFirePhonix

Pro

BuleFirePhonix forfeited this round.
iamawesomedebater

Con

iamawesomedebater forfeited this round.
Posted by BuleFirePhonix 1 year ago
BuleFirePhonix
The person is allowing the Euthanisation. So they are aware but when they are Euthanized then they will be asleep and die without pain.
Posted by Sensanaty 1 year ago
Sensanaty
Is the person in pain conscious or aware of their current state?

If not, the physician holds no right to end his/her life, until or unless the ill person explicitly states that they want to be euthanised. Not everyone who is suffering through immense pain wants to end their life right then and there, for they might have unresolved issues still left out there. Reality won't stop for them, and there are many relationships, businesses and a boat-load of other things that they might want to take care of before they pass on. Euthanasia without consent from the person receiving it is inhumane and should be considered murder, or at least be legally treated as unintentional manslaughter.

Now, for people in permanent vegetative states, I am unsure of where my opinion stands. That is something I can't form an opinion on, unfortunately