Piano Battle #2

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point
Started: 1/25/2015 Category: Music

The framework is simple. You can submit any music of your choice regardless of genre, provided that it is only on piano with no edits and no other instruments (including vocals and percussion). There is a time limit of five minutes for the videos of the first four rounds and no time limit for the final round.

The voting criteria is as follows:

Arguments: General performance.
Sources: Difficulty of the song.
S&G: Expression.
Conduct: Interpretation.

The voting criteria will be set at 2.5k for the more intelligent and musically gifted members of DDO to vote and prevent the possibility of ignorant voters.

To confirm (or somewhat) that the person who is playing in the video is you, you must show yourself or some of your body parts (i.e. your hands or arms if you want privacy like me) to offer some evidence that you're the one who's playing.

Remember, you *must* post your first song right from your first round. Thanks to the challenger, and if you wish to enter, tell me how many years you have been playing and one of the pieces/songs you can play. Good luck!

NOTE: The first Piano Battle is here:

I just started this one because Defro said it might take him a while to practice/upload his first piece. :P

UPDATE: Beginner has agreed to take this Piano Battle. I wish him luck!

Here's my first one.
Sorry about the audio quality (and my ugly head)
Thank you Rev for hosting this debate. I hope you guys are excited to listen and judge as we are to play and compete. ;D

You copied my song! D:<

Nah, just kidding. We already agreed over this via PM. Anyway, hope you guys like the second piece!

Props to Rev for a great performance. Why are you so good? T^T

I apologize, but I will not be able to post a piece for this round due to lack of time and for other reasons specified to Beginner. I will post two pieces next round for compensation, however.

Since Rev couldn't get his videos up, I will also post two videos next round so that this debate can be more fairly judged on musicianship rather than any logistical DDO factors.

Here's a kitten.

(So cute!)

I apologize to my opponent, but due to familial and real life issues (which I already specified to my opponent), I'm unable to record myself playing for an extended period of time. I hope to reinstate this again as soon as possible.

My opponent is apparently unable to continue this debate.

Whatever problems he's having, I hope they are resolved soon.

With that said, I have a couple videos sitting at the bay that I had prepared for this round. I might as well share them.
Here are the pieces (or parts anyway) that I told Rev I'd upload.
I make mistakes, as promised. ;P

Here's to you Rev. Cheers!

RevNge forfeited this round.

I've got nothing.

Thanks to Rev for this debate. It was fun while it lasted.
Posted by missmozart 2 months ago
Okay sorry, technique is NOT easy but it can be quickly fixed once you spend enough (or a lot of) effort and time.
Posted by missmozart 2 months ago
My analysis of this piano battle

Round 1:
goes to Pro. It was very close but Con you need to sort out your foot!! (ie. Pedalling). It was beautiful except for the sudden breaks between phrases. Both players made some slips here and there regarding wrong notes (especially Con). Con, I absolutely loved your middle section, excellent speed, and I think it was such a pity that the other problems existed :(

Round 2:
Pro again. Very stylish Gershwin, well done. Con, le petit chien by Chopin. You're very musical and I love your playing but you just need to slow down slightly! If you did and played at a speed which was more comfortable, all your sudden breaks and wrong notes would be fixed! I hate to comment on technique because that's the least important thing in music but there was just too many mistakes for me to enjoy your playing properly.

Chopin B flat minor scherzo:
I wish you played the full piece :(
This was actually much better than your previous pieces well done.

I agree with your video description!

CON- Despite all the slips, I really like your playing. You're very musical and you make a great sound. Well done. Perhaps you need more patience during your practise?

PRO- Well done to you too. I think however, you focus WAY too much on how difficult a piece is rather than enjoying the beauty of it. I also think you need more dynamics in your artist's palette or else the whole thing sounds the same and gets boring after a while. Good confidence in your playing also.

Remember, technique is easy, but musicality isn't.

As it adds, despite the forfeit, I still believe Pro should win by a very slight amount.

Excellent work both of you, well done.
Posted by Beginner 1 year ago
? nac
Posted by RevNge 1 year ago
>.< nac
Posted by Beginner 1 year ago
Haha that's very flattering paleo. ^-^
Posted by Paleophyte 1 year ago
I can't vote on this because of ELO restrictions. Good thing too because I can't tell which of you is better. For the official record I'm jealous of both of you.
Posted by Beginner 1 year ago
Posted by RevNge 1 year ago
Posted by RevNge 1 year ago
Yeah, I can't do it. Parents got back early.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had to drop out, but did so with grace enough to notify us; to me this places it into the same category as a concession (gains conduct, but loses arguments).