Tyler5362
SebUK

Pick Debate Topic

SebUK

Tyler5362

Con

I want to learn how to become a better arguer.

You pick the topic that you are for (This means your position will be Pro) and have me debate you on it (for my position; I will be Con).

GO! (please)
SebUK

Pro

I would like to debate whetever drug use should be legalized and I apologise because I can't structure paragrahps for some weird reason . The war on drugs have been going on for decades now it has cost as billions and thousands of innocent people were put into jail for a victim less crime but humanity has been using drugs for thousands of years of human history it is a part of human culture that we are not gone rid of by criminalizing it from Alexander the Great's soldiers rubbing opium on their feet to march longer to modern age cannabis use criminalizing people for drug use will not stop people doing it in fact it makes more people do it because it gives you a thrill . Now i will explain why legalizing drugs is a good idea 1. Violance&Black Market Why do we associate drug use with violance? It is because people who want to use drugs have to go to a black market to buy them this market is unregulated and uncontrolled different factions involved in drug trade are fighting against each other by legalizing drugs we would give people the chance to buy drugs from a more reliable source the government or a regulated private sectors this market is regulated most people would rather buy from it than from a drug dealer in a dark alley that has no knowledge about business managment , The black market would collapse 2.Freedom In a truely free society people shouldn't restrict the freedom of others this is very relevant to the issue of banning drugs as drug usage is a victimless crime i consider banning it to be immoral. 2.Safety Why do so many people overdose on drugs? for example heroin apart from its addictivness is almost harmless for your body the reason why people overdose on such drugs is because like i explained before they are forced to buy them from an unregulated market where drug dealers can put stuff into the drug to increase the value therefore customers are not sure how pure it is and might inject too much causing an overdose. 3.Price Drug addicts often how to commit crime to get money for their drug but if drugs were legalized the prices would go down and it wouldn't be such a hard job to get your next fix as it was before your life can be at least a tiny bit better 4. Prison Overgrowth This point is really relevant if you are living in USA , 5% of the worlds population lives in USA yet 25% of all prisoners in the world are in USA around 80% of all drug aressts were for simply having drugs on you this is putting innocent people in prison and over crowding prisons that have to be paid for.
Tyler5362

Con

1)

I am all for the legalization of marijuana. From what I understand; there are no harmful side effects, it isn't potentially fatal like meth, heroine or cocaine. It, also, helps with concentration on topics and school work. "The annual American death caused by drugs a year is tobacco at 400,000 deaths, Alcohol 100,00 deaths, all legal drugs 20,000, aspirin 500 and marijuana caused no deaths." (http://www.studymode.com...)

2)

Marijuana would in fact bring the US out of its $17.075 trillion debt. (Debt source: (http://www.washingtontimes.com...))

3)

I have friends who smoke weed (marijuana) and they are perfectly fine. They are not addicted as they can drop it at anytime and not be tempted to do it again. I've seen this from personal accounts and many others have said that they don't become addicted to the drug (I like to call it an herb as that is what it is).

4)

*This is a reference to #3

According to Psychology Today, marijuana is mildly addictive, but that is not important as drugs like, tabbacco and alcohol are highly addictive.
Source from Psychology Today:
(http://www.psychologytoday.com...)

5)

Marijiuna has advantages. Those advantages are pain relief during cancer ( Jeremy R. Johnson, MBChB ), treats symptomatic relief of spasticity in multiple scelerosis ( Christine Collin, MD ) and relieves chronic neuropathic pain for HIV ( Donald Abrams, MD ).

SOURCE: (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org...)
SebUK

Pro

I have nothing to address my opponent didn't try to refute any of my arguments or make a case for himself why Legalization of all drugs is a bad idea . 'You pick the topic that you are for (This means your position will be Pro) and have me debate you on it (for my position; I will be Con). ' I guess my opponent changed his mind
Tyler5362

Con

To Pro,

I can't make a rebuttal with what I agree with...

Sincerely,

Con
SebUK

Pro

But you claimed whatever I will choose to be pro of you will argument as con . and you only agree with legalizing marijuana and I agree with all therefore the positions are different .
Tyler5362

Con

If I knew that you were choosing this topic, then it would be different....
SebUK

Pro

'
If I knew that you were choosing this topic, then it would be different....' My opponent hasn't stated in Round 1 to contact him about the debate before accepting it . Vote Pro.

Tyler5362

Con

Let's be logical here. How can I refute something I agree with?
Vote Con
SebUK

Pro

'

GO! (please)' My opponent has claimed that the topic I will choose he will debate as Con , now he is simply playing dumb . Vote Pro.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 3 years ago
PeacefulChaos
I would suggest trying it sometime.

Although it may put you in an uncomfortable position due to your own conflicting views, it will certainly make you a better debater, which you expressed interest in during the first round.
Posted by Tyler5362 3 years ago
Tyler5362
Yeah, I am not real good at it. In fact, I suck.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 3 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Con, have you ever heard of playing devil's advocate?
Posted by SebUK 3 years ago
SebUK
I didn't have enough space so this is the rest 5. Money Taxing those who produce drugs will give the government a lot of money not much to add to this argument 6.Statistics n 1970 there were 9000 convictions or cautions for drug offences and 15% of young people had used an illegal drug. In 1995 the figures were 94 000 and 45%. Prohibition doesn't work. Sources http://www.drugwarfacts.org............... http://www.poppies.ws............... 'Alexander the Great introduced poppies to the Near East, starting the flowers long history in Asia. Opium was largely used as a social drug in India and China. Ancient Asian texts described the medical properties of opium.' http://www.spiegel.de............... ' If it legalized drugs, the United States could save $85 billion to $90 billion per year. Roughly half that is spent on the current drugs policy and half that is lost in taxes that the state could have levied on legal drugs. ' .
Posted by Tyler5362 3 years ago
Tyler5362
Still Waiting For A REBUTTAL!
Posted by Tyler5362 3 years ago
Tyler5362
Okay.
Posted by The_Scapegoat_bleats 3 years ago
The_Scapegoat_bleats
Start by understanding that you are the INSTIGATOR, which means you come up with a resolution.
Posted by Tyler5362 3 years ago
Tyler5362
I don't know. We will have to see.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
What if we agree on the topic i choose? Are you still going to argue against?
Vote Placed by Phoenix61397 3 years ago
Phoenix61397
Tyler5362SebUKTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro misspelled violence more than once, but con basically conceded the whole debate and broke the rules of his own debate. Con gets arguments and conduct.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Tyler5362SebUKTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a debate. Con was acting rude he was supposed to argue against the resolution not for it.