Wylted
mudkip624

Pimping Ain't easy

Wylted

Wylted

Pro

I don't think pimping is easy. First round is acceptance.

Pimp- noun
1. a person, especially a man, who solicits customers for a prostitute or a brothel, usually in return for a share of the earnings; pander; procurer.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

Easy-adjective [eas"i"er, eas"i"est.]
1. not hard or difficult; requiring no great labor or effort: a book that is easy to read; an easy victory.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
Wylted

Pro

Pimping hoes isn't easy because it means being an expert at several things. Here is a list of rules written by a pimp(his spelling not mine).

1) Alwayz make them need and depend on you so you have power over them. (Power is control)

2) Make them understand that you don't need them they need you, they are replaceable. Never let them no if you need them deep down inside.

3) Never let no1 get away with sneak anything cause once they feel they can get away they will alwayz scheme.

4) No matter how much you like or care for 1 or any of them, don't trust none of them. Like Scarface, who do I trust?? Me that's who...)

5) Alwayz stay 2 step's ahead of the game you have them playin.

6) Don't let them no all your Plan's. But alwayz try 2 no there's.

7) Make sure you own there mind's, body's, and soul's. (N test it out every often 2 make sure.)

8) Keep your bi[?] on the low as possible when it come's 2 family and hater's. (cause you can't trust none of them)

9) Alwayz try 2 no whatz goin on...(Make them tell on each other)

10) Give respect when respect's due... (Follow these rules and you should b gucci.)

http://deadspin.com...

So according to this. You need to be an expert in psychology, Macchavelianism, and self help guru. Given the money you handle you also need to be know accounting, money laundering skills and some basic knowledge how law enforcement operates.

You need to be cold hearted, have great foresight and be really secretive.

Recruiting girls ( turning hoes out) is going to be hard also. You have to be a good con artist (sales skills).

There are other hard parts of the job not mentioned here as well. Pimps need son basic marketing skills so they can solicit customers. They need to work out their pimp hand, so it stays strong.

Keeping somebody under your complete control requires a lot of energy, because they have to be on an emotional roller coaster. It's required to be a good pimp
mudkip624

Con

I negate the following resolution: Pimping ain't easy
Value: Simplicity
Simplicity is defined by merriam-webster as "the state of being simple, uncomplicated, or uncompounded." The Neg can best achieve the negation of the resolution by valuing simplicity. It is now the burden of the neg to achieve simplicity. Once this is done, the Neg will win the round.

Value Criterion: Deterrence
Deterrence is defined by merriam-webster as "the act of making someone decide not to do something : the act of preventing a particular act or behavior from happening." Deterrence in this instance is using psychological threats against a ho, or using physical harm. This debate will ultimately come down to whether or not the deterrence is easy for the pimp or not.

I'll now move on to rebuttals.
Firstly, my opponent claims that a pimp must be an "expert in psychology." This is not the case. Although knowledge of psychology can prove useful, you only need the bare bones. Obviously, if a woman is whoring herself out, she's desperate, and most likely will be an easy victim for any psychological manipulation. Next, my opponent claims you must be an expert in Macchiavelianism. This is true to manage a good business, however, keeping a bunch of weak, desperate women in fear is hardly difficult.Being a "self help guru" is completely unnecessary and should be disregarded. A pimp doesn't care how they feel as long as they bring him money.Accounting and money laundering can be performed by somebody else, and basic knowledge of law enforcement is required by any criminal.I agree that a pimp must be cold hearted and have great foresight, but anybody can do that. Being secretive is easy as long as you're smart. Recruiting girls is easy if you go after desperate ones, meaning you don't have to con them at all.Soliciting customers is the hoes' job. Working out your pimp hand requires very minimum exercise.

Deterrence is simple as we can see through my rebuttals, thus the neg has achieved simplicity.
Wylted

Pro

Easy ain't Simple- My opponent attempts to debate the simplicity instead of ease of pimping. The problem is that the words imply to completely different things. You can't just look up a definition of a word and look at synonyms and swap out the word in the resolution with the synonym. Supplying a definition for the word I used in the definition is reasonable, swapping it out for a synonym isn't.

Synonym-
1. a word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another in the language. http://dictionary.reference.com...

The key part in that sentence is the words nearly the same. Nearly the same isn't the same.

The difference in simple and easy is obvious if you look at the definitions and origins of the words. Simple originated from a Medieval Latin word, meaning -having only 1 ingredient-. Easy roots from the Latin word ease meaning to cause little difficulty. http://i.word.com...
http://i.word.com...

Pretty much everyone agrees that losing weight is simple. You burn more calories than you take in, but almost nobody finds doing so easy. My opponent hasn't negated my resolution and has instead swapped out a synonym and had weak arguments even against that, modified resolution. Now I'll address the points I have room to.

Counter rebuttals- Con underestimates the effort needed to pimp a hoe. He wrongfully believes hoes are desperate and therefore easy to manipulate. Pimps have to constantly be on their game. They are constantly thinking of ways to manipulate hoes. You can't break them like you do a horse. You have to continually keep them on an emotional roller coaster. http://news.medill.northwestern.edu...

Keeping up this constant manipulation is tough, and keep in mind at the same time hoes are lot's of times trying to manipulate their pimps, if the pimp makes the slightest mistake he could lose his psychological control of the hoe.

This is a 24/7 job with a lot of risk. It's not an easy job
mudkip624

Con

First of all, on the simple vs. easy debate. I was arguing in the LD format, which is when you provide a value to uphold the resolution. Therefore, by achieving the value, you've upheld the resolution. By proving how simple a pimp's job is, I've subsequently proved how easy it is.

Now I'll move on to my opponent's rebuttals, or lack thereof. The only thing he argues is the mind games a pimp plays, but none of the other things I brought up in round 2. Therefore, my opponent has conceded that all the other facets of a pimp's job is in fact simple and easy. The aff provides evidence of a woman who was a prostitute to prove how pimps play mind games. Again, this is not in question. Both the aff and the neg acknowledge that pimps play mind games, the question is whether it's easy. The evidence the aff uses specifically says that pimps target young, impressionable, vulnerable girls as I said previously. So naturally playing mind games and manipulating girls would be quite easy. This evidence only serves to work against the aff and in favor of the neg. The aff also mentions that hoes try to manipulate their pimps, but the aff provides no evidence of how this is true, so it should be disregarded. Finally, he said it's a 24/7 job with a lot of risk, but again, this isn't a problem as long as the pimp is being smart.

So, to review, the neg has disproved all of the aff's arguments, and has once again proved how a pimp's job is simple, and thus easy.
Wylted

Pro

LD-I'm not sure what LD debate is. What I am sure of is we're not having one. I honestly consider it a conduct violation to try to force a debate structure on me, when I'm unfamiliar with it.

Simple- I don't accept this. The definition of easy isn't the word --simple-- and swapping words out for synonyms to unfairly win a debate is just wrong.

Arguments- "The evidence the aff uses specifically says that pimps target young, impressionable, vulnerable girls as I said previously."

Here is what my opponents not understanding. Easier doesn't imply easy. It just implies less hard. It's still hard to manipulate these young girls. You have to keep them on an emotional roller coaster and not let up on the mind games for even a fraction of time.

It's easier for my to fight Mike Tyson than Superman, but I'm still in for one hell of a fight. Given the choice I'll pick Tyson because he's easier, but make no mistake it's still a hard fight.

". So naturally playing mind games and manipulating girls would be quite easy. "

No it's not. I explain what needed to be done in order to achieve that. No rebuttals were offered for that, and it would be too late to offer any now. These aren't horses you're trying to break. These are human beings, and humans have incredible spirit and will.

"Finally, he said it's a 24/7 job with a lot of risk, but again, this isn't a problem as long as the pimp is being smart."

Than you admit it's a tough job. It's not easy being smart and not making any mistakes. It's not easy being smart. If they were smart they'd have a real job, so the fact that they're pimps imply that they are in fact not smart and thus have a hard job.

Conclusion- Pimping ain't easy. Vote pro.
mudkip624

Con

Firstly, I'm not trying to force a debate structure on anybody. Lincoln Douglas is just the format that I'm used to. The aff isn't required to argue in the LD format, just to rebuff what I've said, which so far, the aff has been inadequate in. I'm not going to bother with the mind games argument, because it is too late to argue against it. But what I will mention is something I said in round 3, which the aff still hasn't rebuffed. This is the fact that the mind games argument is the only one my opponent has decided to argue. He's conceded over and over that all the other facets of a pimp's job is simple and thus easy. The only other argument my opponent makes is that it's hard to be smart. Well it's obviously not, because my opponent has conceded that the only facet of a pimp's job that is difficult is the mind games, and that everything else is simple and easy. Thus a vote for the neg is the only logical one at this stage in the debate. I'd like to thank Wylted for the excellent debate, and once again, vote neg.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Ahem this is a ... Mmmmm, how do I say,?
Idk weird debate lol
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
if mudkip loses--> noob-sniped
if wylted loses--> Snipe-noobed
Posted by mudkip624 2 years ago
mudkip624
sounds good to me wylted
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Dang it. I can already tell I should have put more effort into my opening argument. I want another debate if you manage to beat me here.
Posted by Uh-Ha 2 years ago
Uh-Ha
"But to talk about it in such a childish way...."

The debate hasn't started yet, and Little Miss "Daddie's paid my way through college" has already started to object.

What a spoiled creature.

I wonder if she realizes just howmany women in the developed world paid their way through college on their backs! Or how man children in countries like Brazil are dependant on prostitution to either support their drug habit or simply to eat at the end of the day.

What do you say to that, Daddie's little spoilt one?
Posted by Uh-Ha 2 years ago
Uh-Ha
Talk about it in a childish way?

Well, do tell, miss political correctness, what exactly is an ADULT 'manner' when approaching a subject like this?

Instead of offering a set of lips pursed in disapproval, how about spelling it out so all of us mere mortals can be shown exactly what it is that your Majesty rewuires.

I think you are a bloody feminist, and thats the long and short of your beef. but, because it's such an unpopular view to hold, you hide behind such monikers as 'childish' to justify your haughty intervention in a topic you niether know anything about, nor would you lower yourself to find out.

I say, take your long hair and your daddies college fund back to the dorm, where you and your kind can congratulate yourselves on never having had to work a day in your life to deserve it!

Got it? Little miss colleg feminist....I bet you are studying feminism as well, as psuedo intellectual a reason for a degree as any.
Posted by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
@Uh-ha

Little miss feminist? Look, I have no problem with women if they want to sell themselves like that. But to talk about it in such a childish way is, can you guess? Uh-ha? Ah good!

And fyi, I dislike modern feminism greatly. You shouldn't be such a presumptuous fool. Got it? Uh-ha? Uh-ha!
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
don't be scared 9space
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
I'm very familiar with Iceberg Slim. Despite the fact it looks like I threw a bunch of random debate challenges out, I actually researched this stuff.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
I would accept this due to the harmless-looking round one, but I am too scared of your massive elo. :P
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Wyltedmudkip624Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a highly entertaining debate to read! Conduct and S&G are tied. I saw neither poor conduct nor poor spelling/grammar within this debate, and therefore do not award points to one over the other. Arguments - Pro. Simple =/= Easy sealed the deal for me. This killed Con's strongest rebuttal and best chance at throwing the BOP in his favor, but it just couldn't stand after that clarification was provided by Pro in R4. This was solidified when Pro then went on to show how psychological manipulation is not easy based on the fact that humans have strong spirits and will. Sources - Pro. He was the only one to utilize sources to further strengthen his contentions.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Wyltedmudkip624Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Wylted fulfilled his BoP by showing how hard Pimping is.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Wyltedmudkip624Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The simplicity rebuttal of Con's fell through when Pro pointed out that easy =/= simplicity. I found the deterrence argument far more substantial, though. The debate on the latter issue seemed pretty lively until Con's third round, where he asserted with far too much bareness. Pro went into a bit of detail as to why psychological manipulation was difficult, and I didn't see much of a rebuttal, especially in the 3rd round. Pimping may not be the hardest thing, which is what Con reduced Pro's arguments to, but pimping "ain't easy".
Vote Placed by TN05 2 years ago
TN05
Wyltedmudkip624Tied
Reasons for voting decision: With BOP essentially shared, Pro did a better job of establishing his case. He gave numerous concrete examples of why pimping isn't easy, and essentially only needed to establish even one of them to win. In contrast, Con mostly tried to argue pimping is 'simple', and thus easy, and also made a few less than stellar rebuttals of Pro's arguments. However, Pro basically destroyed Con's simplicity argument by noting that just because something is simple doesn't mean it is easy. Sources also go to Pro as he was the only one to actually use sources and they were of high quality, relative to the topic at hand.
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 2 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Wyltedmudkip624Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I have to go with argument points to Pro on this debate. In essence all Pro needed to show was that one aspect of being a pimp is not easy so in the fourth round when Con accepts this the debate is in basically conceded. Its a pity as beside the whole simple argument, I believe that Con had some good arguments, however the semantics in the debate derailed it a little. I also don't believe simple can be exchanged with easy, but it seemed a mute point in the debate. I don't feel the other points warrant awarding.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
Wyltedmudkip624Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I have two options for how to vote on this debate. I can vote on the conflation of the words simple and easy, which I feel Con didn't do much to defend. Since his points are all dependent on the two being essentially the same, much of his argument loses applicability to this debate. Even if it is reasonable, though, Pro only needs to successfully warrant and validate a single argument for its difficulty. While Con may have proven that some of the problems presented by Pro are simple, I only need the mind games point to believe that it holds some difficulty. I think it's worth pointing out that an argument of burdens and a threshold for the word "easy" could have swung this debate if Con had spent time arguing it, but since I don't see it, I easily vote Pro.
Vote Placed by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
Wyltedmudkip624Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Due to Con's refusal to see that 'simple' doesn't necessarily mean 'easy', he automatically loses argument points, as his arguments were based on affirming the point that pimping is simple, and therefore easy.
Vote Placed by YYW 2 years ago
YYW
Wyltedmudkip624Tied
Reasons for voting decision: roflmao. This was fantastic. PRO offered a series of reasons which articulated the multifaceted challenges that pimpin' presents. CON did not show that these were not challenge. PRO wins. One of the better troll debates I've seen lately!