LifeMeansGodIsGood
Boesball

Pink on Black is a terrible color combination

Boesball

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

It looks gay and strong people don't like gay looks.....it's too yucky.
Boesball

Con

So, let me get this straigh: pro describes pink on black as gay-looking and too yucky. It only makes sense to define those words!

gay (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...)

1. homosexual
2. Lighthearted and carefree

yucky (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...)

1. messy or disgusting

Calling colors homosexual is kind of bogus. Chuck Norris (a famous actor), who is notably against gay rights, has many shots of him wearing both pink and black. He is generally considered by americans as a cool person, and he is generally considered not terrible. Here are two photos. One depicts him as a manly person, and the other shows him wearing a shirt with pink stripes.

Also, many tough people (punk bands, workers, ect) wear pink and black together and these people are not gay or yucky.

So therefore your argument is null because pink and black is obviously not "gay" or "yucky". It's quite popular, actually. It's certainly not terrible, also.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

you forgot to define "define". Do you really need a lengthy definition of "yucky" or "gay" when homosexual tendencies are indicated? Maybe you need to get a definition of "indicated". Pink on Black is a horrible color combination, it looks gay, and it's yucky. Can you define "English"? Do you need a dictionary to define "Pink"? Can you define "can"? Can you define "you"?

Why do so many people here need lengthy definitions of simple words as if they can't discuss anything before they dreg you through a long study of a definition of a simple word?

Do you need me to get a dictionary definition of "word" for you?
Boesball

Con

You didn't tell me anything in your round two argument. I'm allowed to define words to help me with my argument.

I have another point. If pink and black is so terrible, "gay", and "yucky", why do so many people wear it? it's not like it's something that only girls and homosexuals wear like you're essentially claiming. What you wear doesn't define who you are, and you can't say that it's a fact that a color combination is terrible becasue it's just a matter of opinion. Pink on black is actually kind of tough because like I said earlier, punk and rock bands often wear it, and they're not necessarily gay or yucky.

In fact, black is the color of authority and power, and it is the farthest from the way you describe pink and black (http://www.infoplease.com...). Pink is the color of kindness (http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com...), and so mixing them together gives you the impression of power and kindness. That's a good combo in my opinion.

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

I think you need to define "anything". I did tell you something. I told you that your difficulties grasping meanings of simple words is dumber that wearing pink on black. They would get beat up fast where I came from if they were wearing pink on black walking down the street. It makes a statement that is yuchy and punks enjoy taking out their aggression on flagrantly yucky people.

Pink on Black is a terrible color combination.
Boesball

Con

Thanks for the debate, and I want to remind voters to vote with integrity.

Pro said this: "your difficulties grasping meanings of simple words is dumber that wearing pink on black." I want to go for the facts. I like using sources, and facts are a lot better than stating opinions without knowing context. Word meanings are very important especially for words that can mean more than one thing.

Pro also said this: "They would get beat up fast where I came from if they were wearing pink on black walking down the street." Men in suits, which I'd think is the opposite of pink on black, get beat up on the street. It's not about what you're wearing.

Finally pro said this: "It makes a statement that is yuchy and punks enjoy taking out their aggression on flagrantly yucky people." First off, yuchy is the slain term for yucky, and I don't think using slang terms is very formal. Also, I proved earlier that punk rock bands wear pink on black sometimes. A punk beats up a punk rocker?
Posted by sorry_youre_wrong 3 years ago
sorry_youre_wrong
lifemeansgodisgood, what is your problem?

you were disrespectful and rude. not only that, you didn't provide anything to support your statement. you just complained a lot about him giving you definitions
Posted by Boesball 3 years ago
Boesball
You give less characters than the comment section does for this debate. Give 10k characters instead of 1k.
Posted by Aerogant 3 years ago
Aerogant
That's funny, because the Universe is pink and black. Colors =/= Sexuality
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
LifeMeansGodIsGoodBoesballTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro had terrible argument as usual with no sources and only opinions
Vote Placed by pensfan 3 years ago
pensfan
LifeMeansGodIsGoodBoesballTied
Reasons for voting decision: you do know that pink was originally the color to define boys right. blue for girls pink for boys. and the way you define the colors as being "gay" is inappropriate.
Vote Placed by LiberalLogic101 3 years ago
LiberalLogic101
LifeMeansGodIsGoodBoesballTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument made no sense, was hateful, and just in general, confusing. Pro made sense, was not hateful, and was not confusing. Pro was a bit mean towards Con, and Pro didn't use any sources. I can't see a world in which Pro wins this debate.