Pirates vs Ninjas (Who's cooler?)

Pro for Pirates, Con for ninjas, anything goes! Which one is more awesome? Let the chaotic debating ensue! I'll start by stating that in my opinion, pirates are more awesome because they do not use stealth all the time to win battles. They use direct, or a combination of stealthy and direct, attack for their purposes. They also wear cool jewelry like gold earrings and have touch as nails things such as peglegs, hooks for hands, and eyepatches. They are not always in hiding so they can freely announce their awesome nicknames and wear ostentatious clothing. Any rebuttals?

I accept your debate

Question: What do you mean by anything goes?

Extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension or fear.

A person who attacks and robs ships at sea

a member of a feudal Japanese society of mercenary agents, highly trained in martial arts and stealth (ninjutsu) who were hired for covert purposes ranging from espionage to sabotage and assassination.

1) A Ninja cannot be solely reliant on stealth. Then a ninja is sometimes forced to penetrate the defenses of a castle or a fortress by going inside of it to kill their target. It may be well lit on the inside and their would be few spaces for the ninja to hide. Even if he did manage to stay hidden after he killed the target the guards would come after him and he would have to fight

2) Ninjas have all right to hide if needed. They usually go up against numbers greater than their own so they need to use evasive tactics. They where often made to battle a samurai which was more armored and skilled at combat then them. They won however by being evasive. Pirates however would attack ships their same size, smaller or galleons which where originally used as warships but where later used as trade ships. A pirate would normally encounter only one ship. The pirate would then try and cripple the ship before boarding it.

3) You depiction of pirates is somewhat fictitious. A real example of pirates are somalian pirates who do not live a glorious lifestyle

Than you

PinknesstheKnight forfeited this round.

Please extend my arguments

I'm sorry that you couldn't answer in time.

Vote Con
Thank you

Forgive me for seemingly disappearing. Indeed, my depiction of pirates is intended to be unrealistic. When I said anything goes, I literally meant, anything goes. Anything to prove your point, including content depicting fictional pirates/ninjas, is allowed. The point is that, in the end, one side will have greater quality and greater quantity proof, and will be more favorable in the voters' opinions. That or until one of us forfeits. Thanks for posting those helpful definitions, by the way. Now, it's my turn, I'll see what I can do:

Pirates, in my opinion, are awesome, more so than ninja, because they are so wild and carefree. Numerous songs and movies that depict pirates are rather popular, including the ever famous, "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the Jonas Brothers' "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)". Not only that, but one of the reasons the meme, that this debate is named after, might be so famous is partially because pirates are so widely beloved.

Pirates are chaotic and loud and energetic, they make a scene and catch everybody's attention. Plus, they're widely dreaded, because they can be so destructive. But this chaotic nature, desire to live the good life and be free, and tendency to be dreaded makes them cooler.

They have a history of captivating prose in the writings of romantic writers. They're one of the common things to dress up as on Halloween, they have their own holiday, "Talk Like a Pirate Day", and even their own themes for rooms and birthday parties! Amusing books, games, videos and more have been created centering around or touching on the subject of pirates.

So, clearly, pirates are much to behold and supported by many.

I invite you to respond, I await your rebuttal.

Because you are using a fictitious pirates. Then I feel that I should be able to use examples of fictional Ninjas.

Ninjas such as those depicted in Mortal Kombat are elite worriers carrying mystical abilities. Some of which are powerful enough to rip off someone's head and tear out their spine. Even their Cyber counterparts are awesome as the poses similar abilities

In the movie Kill Bill The Bride who is herself a ninja hacks her way through numerous counts of warriors to kill one man and succeeded. She is very "Cool"

Even in reality their are ninjas today. Videos of Urban Ninjas are quite common and their is even a game show called
American Ninja warrior

Thank you
Posted by johnlubba 3 years ago
This looks like a fun debate