Winter_Soldier
packers284

Pit Bulls are Not Significantly More Dangerous than Other Dogs

packers284 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Winter_Soldier

Pro

For years, pit bulls, and other bully breeds such as boxers, and rottweilers, have been branded as dangerous. I would like to help prove that this is untrue.
This debate will be 4 rounds, an opening statement, two middle paragraphs and a conclusion. Thank you in advance for participating.
packers284

Con

Despite recent marketing efforts it holds to be true the Pit Bull is an unstoppable force. We would all be wise to take heed to the raw and vicious Pit Bull and keep our children from hearing the terrible howl of the Pit Bull's jaw.
Winter_Soldier

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate!
I would like to begin by clarifying my stance on the subject. I agree that Pit Bulls have the physical capability to inflict more damage to a person or another dog, than other dog breeds do. My stance is that while they are large muscular dogs, they are not inherently viscous animals. For example, in early 1900s, pit bulls were considered to be the best "Nanny Dog" because they are so good with children. In the television show Our Gang in the 1920s which about the adventures of a group of little kids, they used a pit bull as a companion for the kids because of the dog's reputation at the time. In recent history that reputation has changed drastically, and a big reason for that is the rise in dog fighting. The main breeds that are used in dog fighting are bully breeds. Dogs are raised in inappropriate environments where they are treated inhumanely and forced to fight other dogs. They are trained to be aggressive. They are picked for dog fighting because of their massive size and strong jaws. A majority of pit bulls in shelters are those that have been rescued from bad situations. While it is always a good idea to monitor any type of dog especially around children, it is also important to know as much as you can about your dog's history if possible, and train accordingly, but safely socializing them with people and other dogs. Sadly some dogs taken out of dog fighting are not able to be rehabilitated. This is where the idea that pit bulls are deadly comes from.
packers284

Con

Pit Bull used to be good but his sound just hasn't evolved with the times. He is good at making 2000's sounding Miami Party music, but lacks a greater range of musical and artistic talent compared to other major artists of the genre. Pit bull is dangerous and all fathers should not let their daughters around him. He prowls the neon dance clubs of Miami and seeks female companionship at any price. Woman are known to go disappearing for days at a time only to come back with tossled hair and a missing high heel. They tell of the crazy weekend they spent on a yacht with Pitbull and the mischief he caused. This is dangerous because women can lose their jobs for being gone from work and it is widely known Pitbull is the carrier of an arsenal of STD's. If you happen to engage Pitbull in sexual relations and he is not sober enough to use a contraceptive you too can wake up the next day with a burning sensation.
Basically, bad music and creepy behavior sum up why this species of Bull should not be legalized.
Winter_Soldier

Pro

I'm sorry, I think there is some confusion. I'm talking about the dog breed of Pit Bulls, not the person. This may have been a lack of communication and clarity. My apologies. Thank you for trying to debate with me anyway!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
packers is trying a MagicAintReal tactic, I see. Defining terms not how the Instigator intended. This is a reminder for definitions Round 1, or else the resolution will turn against you.
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
mplo, you are totally wrong. You have heard the rumors and "news" stories and gotten false information. A pitbull's jaws are not built in a different way and they do not have stronger jaws than other dogs. My wife and I had a pitbull. My wife literally can open the pitbull's mouth whenever she wanted and pull out whatever bad thing the dog ate. It was not because the dog was ours, it was because she knew how to open the jaws and can overpower the pitbull even though my wife is a very small and weak woman.

Pitbulls are not any more dangerous than any other large breed dog. It all depends on who controls them. A German Shepard could be the friendliest dog or the most aggro dog depending on how it was taught.

The problem is how dog fighters want to make pitbulls into attack dogs. It is the fault of the people who own the dogs, not the dogs themselves. The dogs are just following their leaders.

Pitbulls have one major trait. They are 100% behind what their leaders want them to do no matter what it is and they will never give up until they accomplish what their leader tells them to do.

A pitbull raised in the proper home will be the most caring, loving and giving of any dog you will ever know.
Posted by mplo 1 year ago
mplo
I have to disagree with this opinion. Unlike pitbulls, most dogs, while capable of doing a certain amount of damage when they bite, are not capable of causing death or dismemberment, nor do most dogs go for the musculature of their victims when they bite, either. Because of the way in which their jaws are built, pitbulls can and do inflict much more horrific and extensive damage when they bite, unlike most dogs, whose bites are much more superficial. While most dogs bite and then release their hold, and possibly bite again, pitbulls do just clamp down and hold on.