RockingBlonde20
Redman2234

Pitbulls being outlawed in cities.

Redman2234

RockingBlonde20

Con

Pitbulls can be loving and caring animals, like any dog. If we ban them what stops us from banning the next breed, that could potentially hurt us? Isn't everything in life dangerous? Look around we ban what we find dangerous, but couldn't the air we breathe be dubbed dangerous? I know 5 beautiful pitbulls. All live together, and none have attacked each other or me. I am interested to hear what you have to say. Don't ban what was created for a reason.
Redman2234

Pro

The thing about pit bulls people don't know is that. Today"s pit bull is a descendant of the original English bull-baiting dog"a dog that was bred to bite and hold bulls, bears and other large animals around the face and head, meaning that your pet pit bull was really made to grab something hold on to it and not let go. And its true if a pit bull bites you and holds it will NOT let go unless you can force it. Also pit bulls are known to go on violent rampages. Infact here is a victims report on what a pit bull did. "One literally went for my leg and [the] other was trying to jump on top of me, but I was hitting them, and I was punching them," Janelle Manning, 24, told CBS New York. "They both weren't letting go, once they got a hold of my leg." and you know what the same pit bulls attacked to two other people on the same bloody rampage and hear is a report on one of the other two. Because of her leg injuries, Manning now struggles to walk up and down stairs, CBS reports. "These dogs were, like, trained to kill; trained to hurt and viciously attack people," she said. So yes i think pitbulls should be outlawed in cities
RockingBlonde20

Con

We can agree that a breed is a race correct? Well, we as humans don't ban the other race, we did and we saw how that worked out. They are the same as us, they speak a different language they look different from us. Can we agree some one asian is all of those in comparison to whites here in American. Yes I do think we can. So isn't it the same with them as with us. We go to war, we fight we aren't perfectly nice to each other easier. People murder people, people attack people, ban people why don't we. As a friend once stated, a dog can scar a child for life, we put the dog down, but a pedophile can scar a child for life and we don't put them down. All are created equal and deserve to be treated equally.
Redman2234

Pro

Okay you are comparing us outlawing pit bulls to white people murdering banning and going to war with Asians? I don't see how that's relevant. Also you where saying we put a dog down if it attacks a child and you said that pedophiles walk? no they don't they mostly go to jail unless the person did not do anything to the child and let me tell you this pedophiles do not last long in prison okay they die pretty quickly. Now you may try to say that since it is the prisoners putting the pedophile then it is not the same as putting a dog down but in the end they are both dieing, And to make things worst for the dog is the fact that U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2014. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 700 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 64% (27) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6% of the total U.S. dog population that makes pit bulls he SECOND most deadly dog breed in the U.S second to the rottweiler, Now you may say that the pit bulls that kill those people are just the "Bad eggs" of the pit bulls but in the end it comes down to this pit bulls are just to dangerous to be allowed in city's
RockingBlonde20

Con

Many people in my town have pitbulls, they are the majority of the dogs here. None have ever attacked worse than a good snipping. So are all of them just the "good eggs." We complain that the dogs attack? Do you know why pitbulls are "vicious?" We made them that way. They were bred to be sheepdogs. Then they were put into pits and taught to attack bulls. Pit- bulls. This is also where dog fights originated. We make things to dangerous then we complain, and we eliminate. Do we want to destroy everything that can hurt us? Or teach them to care, teach them to love. The only other option is live in a bubble, because everything is dangerous in one way or another. Also with the pedophiles, many NEVER see a day in prison because the child may not be believed or is so scarred they never speak up. The dog no matter what dies. Many of the attacks are deserved because the child hurt or harmed the dog, yet the dog gets blamed. Deep down the dog has the fight or flight instinct just like every living being, its just their nature. Educate yourself dude. Thank you.
Redman2234

Pro

since pit bulls are hunting dogs when they see a small thing moving fast it sees it as something to catch as they were mainly used before to hunt mainly large things like bears and bulls and other large animals but they were also used to chase small animals like rabbits so the hunters could shoot them. "Deep down the dog has the fight or flight instinct just like every living being" There fight or flight instinct can be activated if it is stressed I mean the amount of times a human puts a dog into it's fight of flight response is really high. And in a city if it gets out and goes on the street and guess what could happen could nearly get hit by a car it could get yelled at for stealing food or the worst thing that could happen (And get can get worst if it was already in a stressful situation is it goes to a park and a bunch of kids look are are like oh a new thing to play on then guess what since it got out and kids are playing on and with it bites one. Hell if there is allot of them it could KILL one or more of them and if you say that the kids deserved it and the dog is the victim. Kids don't know any better there kids! I mean all in all in a city a pit bull could do more harm then anywhere else with the amount of stress I dog can get in a city even more so if said dog is alone and is lost
RockingBlonde20

Con

RockingBlonde20 forfeited this round.
Redman2234

Pro

Well as my fellow debater has forfeited this round. I guess I will show you more evidence why pit bulls should be outlawed in city's with this peace of evidence from this site http://www.cincinnati.com...

When I started my career, the most common dog-bite injuries were from German shepherds and occasionally retrievers. These injuries were almost always provoked, such as food-related or stepping on the dog, and in almost every instance, the dog reacted with a single snap and release " essentially a warning shot. There were no pack attacks.

Starting about 25 years ago, my colleagues and I started to see disturbingly different types of injuries. Instead of a warning bite, we saw wounds where the flesh was torn from the victim. There were multiple bite wounds covering many different anatomical sites. The attacks were generally unprovoked, persistent and often involved more than one dog. In every instance the dog involved was a pit bull or a pit bull mix. Meaning that pit bulls and pit bull mixes are getting more and more violent and doing more and more damage to people. See that is why pit bulls need to be out lawed in city's there would be to much risk to peoples safety and more importantly kids safety
RockingBlonde20

Con

RockingBlonde20 forfeited this round.
Redman2234

Pro

Well my fellow debater has forfeited the last two rounds so I will not provide more evidence to why they should be outlawed instead I am looking at you voters to say that pit bulls are to dangerous to be allowed in city's. Okay I am not saying they are bad like all animals they have a risk to be dangerous but from the evidence I have shown you can not say pit bulls are completely nice and they need to be outlawed allowed in city's where someone could get hurt or die I mean look at what I have shown you these last few rounds. Well that is all I have to say goodbye
Posted by themoongirl 1 year ago
themoongirl
Awww, I love all dogs, and banning pitbulls is just mean.
Posted by Search-The-Scriptures 1 year ago
Search-The-Scriptures
It's kinda of a sad thing because not all pit-bulls are aggressive. I have 3 and they are all loving animals and very smart. I think the way pits become aggressive is by people feeding them raw meat; meat with blood in it. Once a pit gets a taste of the blood, it seems they began to get the urge to get more blood. So I think it's raw meat with blood in it still, but I don't know that's what I think. People think that because 1 pit-bull attacks another breed of dog or a person, all pits are aggressive and should be banned, that's k9 racist. I've been attacked by a Chihuahua (rofl :D) why aren't those banned. Throughout my life I've been bit by the smaller dogs with big egos more than I have by a pit. People are just ignorant and judge the breed before they examine them.
Search-The-Scriptures
Posted by RockingBlonde20 1 year ago
RockingBlonde20
see I don't know why because people have generalized them ALL to be EVIL they must be banned Denver has already banned them along with 15 other cities in the USA. HOW MANY MORE ARE TO FOLLOW?
Search-The-Scriptures
I got attacked by a pit-bull when I was a child, then I grew up loving them.
Vote Placed by salam.morcos 1 year ago
salam.morcos
RockingBlonde20Redman2234Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff