Multi_Pyrocytophage
kyro90

Plankton vs Spongebob, from "Spongebob Squarepants"

Multi_Pyrocytophage

Multi_Pyrocytophage

Pro

The first round is for acceptance only. There will be no abuse of semantics, dictionaries, or anything linguistic.

In a one-on-one battle to a fight that ends when one of the battlers become unconscious, Plankton could defeat Spongebob.

My opponent will be for Con, and they must prove that Spongebob could defeat Plankton in the type of situation.

-

As my first debate, I am excited to see how a debate will be!
kyro90

Con

Well, I shall except a bit early but not post my arguments till tomorrow or sometime later. I accept your debate but, I would like to add a few more rules if you shall let me...

Rules:
1. No over godly powers that have an exceedingly strong abilities that will give an very strong disadvantage to the other player. Ex: Things that are unstoppable such as Controlling or splitting atoms?
2. Just have fun!

Alright, let this debate commence!
Multi_Pyrocytophage

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate, and wish him the best of luck. In addition, I accept the rules that my opponent has proposed. Now, on to the debate!

1. Plankton's use of the "Enlargetron" can aid him in battle.

Plankton has invented various items throughout the Spongebob series, and can use him in his aid during this battle.
The Enlargetron is a machine Plankton invented that can make anything bigger, shown in the Spongebob video-game "Creature from the Krusty Krab." Plankton can then proceed to use the Enlargetron on himself to make him bigger, preventing Spongebob from simply squashing Plankton with his shoe. At the very least, Plankton will be big enough to not be easily squashed. It is possible for Plankton to be big as Spongebob, or even larger. The use of the Enlargetron gives him better defense in the form of size.

2. Plankton can use his "Hypno-Pod", shown in the online Spongebob game "Plankton's Pernicious plot".

The Hypno-Pod, another invention by Plankton, hypnotizes jellyfish into becoming his slaves, giving Plankton control over them. Once gaining control of the Jellyfish, Plankton can simply direct them to attack Spongebob. The Jellyfish can give Spongebob enough of an electrical shock to make his body and heart to suffer a shock, and thus rendering him unconscious.

3. Plankton can use the "Robo Krabs" as a good defense and offense against Spongebob.

The robot is a fake Mr. Krabs. It is made of a hard metal. Plankton can simply enter this robot whilst fighting Spongebob. Spongebob cannot simply punch, kick, or use his karate skills to break the robot, considering the strength of the robot. The robot has sharp claws that can be used to crush Spongebob's arms, and even his eyes. Plankton is also skilled enough with the robot, to the point where he could perform random acts with it in order to prove he was the real Mr. Krabs to Spongebob, in the Spongebob episode "Imitation Krabs".

- The Spongebob Video Game, "Creature from the Krusty Krab."
- The Spongebob Online Game, "Plankton's Pernicious Plot."
- The Spongebob Episode, "Imitation Krabs."
kyro90

Con

Well, I would like to immediately post my argument...
Rebuttals
1 & 2
You specifically said that this debate is about the show Spongebob Squarepants" Though in these first two arguments you have been talking about inventions from the VIDEO GAMES, and not from the actual show.

3
Spongebob can easily call upon his best friend, Patrick Star, Who can eat Pretty much anything as seen by quite a few of the episodes. If that doesn't work he can just sit on the robot until it of course explodes, breaks, runs out of battery, etc.

Arguments
Spongebob can do what many classic TV shows have been doing all around the world. He could just hold up a famous Krabby Patty and make every citizen in Bikini Bottom to run over Plankton while they may be fighting.
Multi_Pyrocytophage

Pro

I shall post my rebuttals before my argument.

1. "You specifically said that this debate is about the show 'Spongebob Squarepants.' Though in these first two arguments you have been talking about inventions from the VIDEO GAMES, and not from the actual show."

The title of the debate indicates that the two battlers are from "Spongebob Squarepants." However, it was never specified that the extent of this battle was limited to the episodes, or did I ever say that they have to be from the episodes. Considering the fact that the two video games I've mentioned in arguments 1 and 2 are part of the "Spongebob Squarepants" franchise, and the two video games bear the "Spongebob Squarepants" logo, my arguments are still valid.

2. "Spongebob can easily call upon his best friend, Patrick Star, who can eat pretty much anything as seen by quite a few of the episodes. If that doesn't work, he can just sit on the robot until it of course explodes, breaks, runs out of batter, etc."

I agree that Spongebob can call Patrick. I also agree that Patrick can eat through many substances. However, I doubt that Patrick can digest, let alone swallow, solid metal. In fact, Patrick has never been shown to eat metal in the series. Therefore, it must be assumed that Patrick can not just simply eat "Robo Krabs."
Considering my previous arguments are still valid, Plankton can simply use his Enlargetron to make the Robo Krabs bigger and prevent Patrick from simply sitting on top of Robo Krab.

3. "Spongebob can do what many classic TV shows have been doing all around the world. He could just hold up a famous Krabby Patty and make every citizen in Bikini Bottom to run over Plankton while they may be fighting."

I am not sure if Spongebob can hold up a Krabby Patty and cause the Bikini Bottom citizens to run over Plankton. However, should that happen, Plankton can simply brainwash them with the "Chum is Fum" slogan, (evidenced in the Spongebob Episode: Chum Bucket Supreme). At that point, they would stop attacking him, and he could feed some of them chum to make them sick. The other brainwashed citizens will move away, not wanting to get sick. Should Spongebob try to interfere, an enlargened Robo Krabs could prevent Spongebob or Patrick from interfering. Should all else fail and Plankton be trampled, he will not be rendered unconscious. Because Plankton has frequently been squashed by multiple characters throughout the series, his body has grown resistant enough to remain conscious despite being trampled.

Argument.

1. Plankton can use his "Mind-controlling Chum buckets" (from the "Spongebob Squarepants Movie) to sabotage Patrick into attacking Spongebob.

After Spongebob summons Patrick, Plankton, in his larger Robo Krabs, can grab Patrick and force the bucket onto Patrick's head. Under Plankton's control, Patrick would proceed to attack Spongebob, and Spongebob would not be skilled enough to take on both of them at once. Spongebob would be rendered unconscious from their combined attacks. This can also be used against the mob Spongebob summons against Plankton using the famous Krabby Patty.
kyro90

Con

kyro90 forfeited this round.
Multi_Pyrocytophage

Pro

Since my opponent forfeited the last round, I have no arguments to rebut this round. However, I would like to post new rebuttals to my opponent's previous arguments.

1. "Spongebob can easily call upon his best friend, Patrick Star, Who can eat Pretty much anything as seen by quite a few of the episodes. If that doesn't work he can just sit on the robot until it of course explodes, breaks, runs out of battery, etc."

2. "Spongebob can do what many classic TV shows have been doing all around the world. He could just hold up a famous Krabby Patty and make every citizen in Bikini Bottom to run over Plankton while they may be fighting."

These two arguments break the rules stated in Round 1 of the debate. In round 1, I state that:
"In a one-on-one battle to a fight that ends when one of the battlers become unconscious..."

Note the "one-on-one battle". However, in my opponents two arguments above, he mentions Spongebob summoning Patrick Star or the Bikini Bottom citizens, and that breaks the rules. Therefore, these two arguments are void and invalid. However, since it is likely that my opponent will try to prove that Plankton's inventions break the rules, I will demonstrate how they do not break the rules.

Plankton's inventions can be his tools, or weapons. However, Patrick and the mob are living organisms that aid Spongebob, making the battle not a one-on-one. Plankton's inventions are not organisms, but tools, and therefore this battle is still one-on-one due to his inventions.

With that said, all of my opponent's arguments have been rebutted.

-----------

That's all. This was a good and interesting debate for a first debate, kyro90.
kyro90

Con

Well, I have probobly already lost now that I forfited so I will make this short....

Rebuttals

If you say that I have broken the rules than you have also broken the rules because you said in your other argument that Plankton can call upon The "Robo Crabs"

Posted by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
Hehe, commenting on the closed debate.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
@Many fire eating cells (I just find that easier to type)-
RFD stands for, "Reasons For Decision".

@renji-
Pro did not break the rules, because machinery does not amount to allies. Look at the "Spider-man vs. Batman" debate. Batman retains his various gadgets, yet it was a one-on-one debate. The same goes for the Master Chief vs. Boba Fett debate. Both characters utilize their weaponry, but it is a one-on-one battle with no allies.

BTW, forfeiting a round counts as loss of conduct points.

Even if they both broke the rules, you have to vote accordingly as to who had better sources, conduct, S&G, etc. You don't necessarily have to vote for who had better arguments, but simply because they had invalid arguments does not mean they had invalid sources, conduct, S&G, etc.
Multi_Pyrocytophage
Say, what does RFD stand for?
Posted by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
I am a little confused. does calling in robo-krabs count as calling in an ally or not? he used the terms "calling in"
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
-------------------------------------------------------------RFD------------------------------------------------------

Well, Con loses the conduct for the FF. As for the arguments Pro followed he rules, by only using MACHINERY, while Con called in allies. As for the main debate, it clearly for me was a Pro win. Pro showed that Plankton could use he various machines to beat SBSP, while SBSP would be helpless to fight back.
Posted by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
Since they both broke the rules, there arguments are invalid. Therefore, in my opinion, there is no way actually vote and they both had good grammar and spelling and conduct.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
S&G and sources goes to Pro, since Con's S&G was not as good, and Con did not provide any sources.

Now we get to the interesting part of the vote: the arguments. A one-on-one battle allows weapons, as shown in numerous debates (i.e. Master Cheif vs. Boba Fett). Thus, because Plankton has tools and not actual allies (living organisms) to aid him in battle, he is technically conforming to the rules. Spongebob, on the other hand, is calling upon allies, and this breaks the rules. Even if Pro broke the rules, so did Con, so you would have to vote who had better arguments aside from the rules. Thus, Pro wins this debate.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
I cannot debate for Multi_Pyrocytophage, so hopefully he can tell you.
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
I didnt? *_* What do you mean?
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Well, it is clear kyro didn't read the rules, lol.
Vote Placed by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
Multi_Pyrocytophagekyro90Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I cant really give anyone points because each person broke the rules therefore making all arguments void in my opinion. No one gets sources because there are no sources.
Vote Placed by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Multi_Pyrocytophagekyro90Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
Multi_Pyrocytophagekyro90Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Hmm. Plankton's helpers are tools so pro is not breaking any rules. CON, on the other hand, added in other living organisms.
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Multi_Pyrocytophagekyro90Tied