brian_eggleston
Vaughn

Plans to introduce body-imaging scanners at airports should be shelved

brian_eggleston

brian_eggleston

Pro

Body-imaging scanners are expensive and they don't even show airport security staff what passengers really look like in the nude - the images the scanners produce are in black and white and are not really that much better than pornographic photographs from the Victorian era. [1, 2]

That's why I propose that all air passengers should be required to submit themselves to a full strip search by security staff instead.

Now, I realise some people may be embarrassed to strip naked in front of fully-clothed security staff which is why I propose that the security staff should also be naked and thus put any especially shy passengers at their ease.

Even so, some frigid, ultra-conservative women might still feel uncomfortable being groped by nude male security officials so I further propose that all security staff should be female.

Similarly, I also realise that some men may object to being fondled by some boot-faced hag or some fat old munter, which is why I also propose that all the security staff should be recruited from the ranks of glamour models and porn actresses.

Naturally, adherents to certain spiritual faiths will object to my proposal regardless of what safeguards are put in place, but in the United States the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) have already made it quite clear that fanatical religious extremists who are opposed to full body-imaging scans (because they believe that only God should be allowed to see them naked) are not to be exempted from body scans and the same principle would, therefore, apply to strip searches. [3]

Of course, the main advantage of my proposal is that it would enable security staff to conduct more thorough searches than is possible with the use of body-scanners and pat-downs.

For example, smugglers may be able to conceal illicit drugs in prosthetic penises but the gorgeous nude security girls will be trained to make scrupulous and exhaustive examinations of male passengers' appendages – you know, rub and tug them properly to make absolutely sure they aren't false.

In conclusion, strip searches are more effective than body scanners at intercepting drugs, weapons and explosives and they are also cheaper and for those reasons I affirm that plans to introduce body-scanners at airports should be shelved.

[1] http://factstoknow.co.uk...
[2] http://i3.ebayimg.com...
[3] http://homelandsecuritynewswire.com...
Vaughn

Con

I do admit that full body scanners are expensive. The way you are putting out your argument is actually quite offensive. I do not have a problem in stripping in front of someone, but other people might. You put out the argument "Even so, some frigid, ultra-conservative women might still feel uncomfortable being groped by nude male security officials so I further propose that all security staff should be female.
Similarly, I also realise that some men may object to being fondled by some boot-faced hag or some fat old munter, which is why I also propose that all the security staff should be recruited from the ranks of glamour models and porn actresses."
What if the male in question was homosexual? Do you not think they might be uncomfortable being searched by a female? It would i admit be uncomfortable to the male security staff. Which is one reason why strip searches are, in essence, fallable to the system. For no one would want to be touched. And your comment about tugging is a little disrespectful.
brian_eggleston

Pro

I would like to thank Vaughn for his prompt acceptance of this debate and also for his most timely rebuttal, to which I should like to respond as follows:

As a society, we must decide what is more important: the fight against terrorism and illegal drug smuggling or the delicate sensibilities of a few particularly shy people – I am sure I know which of the two is more important to me and I'm sure the voters do too.

Now, with regard to objections from homosexual men: I don't see why they would feel uncomfortable about being strip-searched by a woman; indeed, being touched-up by a sexy naked girl might make some of them realise what they have been missing out on - and it may occur to some of them that they aren't actually gay at all, rather they are just seeking attention.

Furthermore, most straight men would probably enjoy being "tugged" by a nude glamour model and no doubt lesbians and bi-sexual women would equally enjoy having their lady gardens searched for concealed drugs by a naked porn actress.

That's why I reaffirm that plans to introduce body-scanners at airports should be shelved.

Vaughn

Con

Ah i do enjoy this debate. Very good argument. I do agree that terroism is the object to be defended from. I would rather be protected then threatened. I do agree that we straight men would enjoy being tugged it is still a disrespectful topic. I propose that if somone rejects the strip search and chooses the full body scan they should be allowed transport deemed "safe" by the airport. If you fear terrorism then do you not think about car bombs in this country as there are in other countries? how about suicide bombers? each one is able to occur in this country. So my argument still stands.
Posted by Zealous1 6 years ago
Zealous1
Disadvantage 1. The airports would be completely full of men trying to get their own tug.
Posted by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
That... was... incredible.

You have outdone yourself again brian_eggleston.
Posted by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
Hahaha. I gave spelling and grammar to Pro because Con's sentence structure was a bit weird and (s)he didn't capitalize at times. Con didn't have much of an argument or any sources so I gave that to Pro as well.
Posted by Johnicle 6 years ago
Johnicle
7 Points to Brian_Eggleston

First of all... lol
Second of all, con didn't really defeat the claim that pro made. He basically made statements that it was inappropriate, however, I pick security over personal conflicts because con didn't give me a reason not to.
Vote Placed by Warturtle 6 years ago
Warturtle
brian_egglestonVaughnTied
Vote Placed by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
brian_egglestonVaughnTied
Vote Placed by Johnicle 6 years ago
Johnicle
brian_egglestonVaughnTied
Vote Placed by LaissezFaire 6 years ago
LaissezFaire
brian_egglestonVaughnTied