JimmyDeanSausageLover
CosmoJarvis

Plants are Mammals

JimmyDeanSausageLover has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

JimmyDeanSausageLover

Pro

Hello Debate.Com, I am here today to argue that plants actually are mamals okay.

First off plants are mammals because they have body fluids just like normal humans and they use it to carry essential materials through their body. And example of this would be grass blood or tree sap.

Also the plants nurture their young (the fruit) by giving it food and stuff while it is still attached making grow. Tree milk is not the same as human milk but it usually has a whitish and thin consistensy. It is usually not seen very often because it goes directly into the mouth of the fruit being feed. There is also coconut milk that plants drink

here is my link to tree milk https://www.merriam-webster.com...

Also the plants have spines in the form of cell wall and roots but it doesn't look the same as humans or others

Also finally many plants have hair like flowers and peaches meaning that many plants have fur which is a trait that only mammals have making it certain that a plant is a mammal

so in short plants have many traits in common with mammals so all plants are mammals unlike platypus which is not a mammal it is a fish...
CosmoJarvis

Con

Mammal: any vertebrate of the class Mammalia, having the body more or lesscovered with hair, nourishing the young with milk from the mammaryglands, and, with the exception of the egg-laying monotremes, givingbirth to live young (S1)

The characteristics of a mammal are:
-Are vertebrates (have a backbone or spine)
-Are warm-blooded
-Have hair on their bodies
-Produce milk to feed their babies (S2)

Clearly, plants do not share many of these traits. They do not possess a backbone or spine, they are not warm-blooded, and they do not have hair.

Because they do not share these requirements of a mammal, plants are clearly not mammals.

S1) http://www.dictionary.com...
S2) http://kids.sandiegozoo.org...

JimmyDeanSausageLover

Pro

First off sir you should stop using that retared font is makes no sense and it hurts my eyes.

Also you are very incorrect plants have all of the traits you just said and I explained it in my first argument. LOL can you not able to read?

it is quite obviously that plants have hair (coconut hair, peach fuzz, tiny flower stalk hairs)
also plants are clearly warm blooded because they have liquid inside like tree blood and sap which is always warm and controls the temeperature of the planet easily.

Also it is clear that plants have spines and bones otherwise how would they even be able to stand up straight? Explain how the plants even stand up straight if they have no spine?? oh YES They do have spines unlike you LOL.

By the way plants DO make milk have you never gone to school? There is coconut milk and tree milk which is both made by plants check mate.

This argument is over Ive clearly won.
CosmoJarvis

Con

Firstly, I'm offended at how you referred to my font. I like it a lot. :(

Secondly, my opponent states that plants are mammals, claiming that they possess all of the traits I have provided. He says "plants have hair," and though I do agree that some plants do have what may qualify as "hair," not all do. Additionally, they are not warm-blooded simply because they circulate liquid like sap. Also, yes, some plants do "make" milk such as coconuts, but not all. My opponent has not addressed my point regarding how all mammals are vertebrates. Yes, plants possess cellulouse, which acts like a backbone or spine because of its stiffness which typically holds up the plant, but it does not make a plant qualify as a "vertebrate."
Posted by JimmyDeanSausageLover 1 year ago
JimmyDeanSausageLover
This debate was easy plants are obviously mammals.
Posted by preachertaylor 1 year ago
preachertaylor
We got a Starvatarian here. If Plants are mammals then PETA should stop eating vegetables because it's murder.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
Okay.
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
In fact, it's very possible it's Cosmos fake account.
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
By the way, Jimmy is not my fake account. It's someone else.
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
It makes sense. Plants do exactly as mammal do, they nurture their young and feed their young. The only difference is how plants nurture their young.

Maybe we need to change how we classify species altogether. I think Jimmy has a valid point.
Posted by Taust 1 year ago
Taust
I really hope sausage lover is joking, but based on what I've seen on this sight, I wouldn't be surprised if he were serious.