MCB2700
Dishoungh

PlayStation 4 is better than the XBOX ONE

Dishoungh
Started: 1/26/2015 Category: Games

MCB2700

Pro

PlayStation 4's are better than XBOX ones because pretty much the only improvement about the XBOX ONE is how easier it is to connect it to a TV. A PlayStation 4 has better graphics and is easier to manoeuvre the home screen.
Dishoungh

Con

I accept. My arguing skills may be a lot rusty, since I have debated in like half of a year ago. But anyway, I wish the best of luck to my opponent to this debate topic. I also hope that this topic will not turn out to be a flame war.
MCB2700

Pro

Best of luck to my opponent also. Now, PlayStation 4 has sold over 18.5 million systems sold world wide, while the XBOX ONE has only sold over 10 million systems world wide. PlayStation also has a virtual reality product (Project Morpheus) that can be connected with the PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 is lighter and smaller, for easier portability. in summary, this shows how a PlayStation 4 is better than a XBOX ONE.
Dishoungh

Con

Since my opponent hasn't established any sort of plan or schedule, such as Arguments in Round 2 or Rebuttals in Round 3 or so, I'm assuming we are going to be arguing in a free manner. If that's the case, I'll make my arguments take place as the contentions to Pro's arguments. I also thank my opponent for starting us off. Before I begin here, I would like to make one thing clear: this is a subjective topic, which means opinions and preferences are valid. I'll only be attacking Pro's arguments in an objective fashion. Also, I would like to make clear that I'm debating that the Xbox One and the PS4 are equally competitive to each other and I really don't favor either console over the other. I'll begin now. 
______________________________________________________________________________________
{"Best of luck to my opponent also. Now, PlayStation 4 has sold over 18.5 million systems sold world wide, while the XBOX ONE has only sold over 10 million systems world wide."}

While these are true, sales aren't really an accurate representation of the actual quality of the Xbox One. Just because a system sold worse than something else, doesn't necessarily mean that it's inferior. Sales only prove how many people prefer a system, how people own the product. It doesn't display the "true" quality of the systems themselves. The Wii-U didn't sell nearly as the original Wii, but does that make it necessarily inferior to the Wii? Of course not. It's an upgrade to the original Wii and it's doing better. It most certainly did a lot better last year with Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. Wii-U, etc. and I think it will just get even better from there with The Legend of Zelda coming this year.

Also, at one point in November, the Xbox One beat the PS4 in November sales, but does that mean that the Xbox One is superior to the PS4? No. I would also like to make it clear that I own an Xbox One, PS4, PC, and a Wii-U.

[http://www.cinemablend.com...]

Now, for the overall quality of either console, I think that both consoles are equal in my opinion. The Xbox One has its fair share of games that I like such as Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Forza: Horizon 2, which is probably my favorite racing game in a while, Titanfall, and Sunset Overdrive. The PS4 has good games too like The Last of Us: Remastered and Infamous: Second Son. Sure, there wasn't a bigger library of PS4 exclusives than the Xbox One, but the Last of Us: Remastered was the best game of 2014 in my opinion. So, I have the games covered. What about the graphics? Okay, now this is a topic that many people brag about and it leads to a lot of misinformation, but I'll make it clear that, yes, the PS4 is generally better than the Xbox One in terms of total graphical power and capability, but the difference between the Xbox One and PS4 in terms of graphical capability is not that much. The Xbox One is almost as capable as running full-HD resolution as the PS4, it's just that when Microsoft was planning on releasing the Xbox One with the Kinect nearly 2 years ago, they split off the GPU power with the Kinect, but since nobody wanted the Kinect and they got rid off it and some of the GPU power that's supposed to be completely equal to the PS4 is missing. But, even then, there're a lot of instances where the PS4 struggles to handle full-HD, which explains why the Xbox One gets the more stable frame-rates in recent titles. I had a debate long ago...oh wait, I had a debate just a month ago. It feels like years ago. Well, anyway, I had this debate where we debated about Resolution vs. Frame-Rates. So, I was in the Frame-Rates side. I'll use some sources I used there and transfer them here below.
{"Test 1
("Assassin's Creed Unity falls short of the performance standard set by last year's Black Flag, featuring considerably more variable frame-rates under load on both consoles. Given the immense graphical upgrade on offer, this isn't so surprising, but what comes as a bit of a shock is that the Xbox One version frequently out-performs the PS4 game in more detail-rich areas, such as locations littered with NPCs in the packed Parisian streets. The opening clip in our video below perfectly demonstrates the difference between the two consoles. Wading through dozens of NPCs in a crowded square, performance drops down to around 20fps for a sustained duration on the PS4 while the Xbox One achieves a 5fps lead. In a later gameplay test traversing the rooftops, we see frame rates regularly fluctuate between 25-30fps across both consoles, but here the Xbox One game sticks more closely to the upper end of that spectrum than its Sony equivalent.")
~Digital Foundry (Assassin's Creed Unity)
[https://www.youtube.com......]
[http://www.eurogamer.net......]
{"PlayStation also has a virtual reality product (Project Morpheus) that can be connected with the PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 is lighter and smaller, for easier portability. in summary, this shows how a PlayStation 4 is better than a XBOX ONE."}

Again, these don't really accurately show the actual quality of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Just because the PS4 will have a virtual reality product as an accessory/extenstion to the product doesn't mean that the main product is necessarily better. It just means that it will have more add-ons to it, which I guess you can say that means it's better, but it's debatable and I digress. Although the PlayStation 4 will have their reality headset product, Microsoft has been working on theirs for quite some time, according to Mr. Phil Spencer himself and I quote: "I think the technology is really interesting, and it’s definitely something we’ve been playing with for quite a while.""The developer kit is currently ‘circulating’ a group of developers working on the console," VRFocus reports. "Several studios have confirmed to VRFocus that they are working with the device, while Techradar has also received similar information that suggests teams have already begun work on software for the kit." It just wasn't officially announced. There's no information posted about the design of the headset and it's rumored to be officially announced at E3 2015.

[http://www.businessinsider.com...]

Same thing for size. Size doesn't really justify the quality of a system. The best example I can come up with at the moment is related to PCs. Now, I know that the topic is not about PCs, but I'm making the analogy to counter the argument. The normal PC with a Mid-Tower case is a lot bigger than the Xbox One and PS4, but can be very powerful. Sometimes, small case PCs perform better than some PCs that are full tower and some full tower PCs perform better than some mini tower PCs. It varies. So, size can't really justify why PS4 is better than the Xbox One.
I would like to make it clear again that I'm not attacking your arguments, as if they're not valid. I'm not because this is your opinion and I don't care. If you care about graphics, if you care about the size of a system, then that's on you. I'm just telling you on what I think, since this is a subjective topic, right? Just making sure. I ran out of characters to fit all of the evidence and sources I need. So, I'll continue in Round 3 from there.

Alright, that's my argument. I hope you good luck.
MCB2700

Pro

A PlayStation 4 is better than an XBOX ONE because the controller is more superior and the charger for the PS4 doesn't have a huge power box that you have to drag around, just a simple cord. The PS4 also has a user replaceable hard drive so that the user can have more space for his or her PS4. The XBOX ONE does not have a user replaceable hard drive. I do not have long contentions because I simply re-word everything I see.
Dishoungh

Con

For right now, I will type my arguments in this type of text. Also, last round, I said I would show the sources for my previous arguments; here they are:

According to sources from DigitalFoundry, a source that does in-game framerate tests on various games, there were many cases that the PlayStation 4 had the inferior test in overall performance, while the Xbox One had the better test in performance, although the PS4 were running the games at full 1080p and the Xbox One at sub-1080p.

Test 1
[https://www.youtube.com......]
[http://www.eurogamer.net......]

In case you"re not aware of the hardware of the two systems, the Xbox One has a slightly better APU than the PlayStation 4. That means it was able to handle more CPU-laborious situations, especially when there"s many NPCs on screen because the Xbox One"s slightly better APU was able to render the A.I. I"ll go further detail into both of the consoles" hardware later.

Okay, yes, Assassin"s Creed Unity was a bad game from the get-go. The game was buggy and a bad game optimization-wise on every platform it came across. So, it can be argued that it was just "bad development." So, yeah, that might not be the best example. What about another example?

Test 2

("In the main, asset quality is identical between the two platforms. From the handling of shadow rendering to texture detail, there's little to distinguish the Xbox One release from the PS4. But based on the first three campaign levels we've analysed in-depth, the larger disparity is in PERFORMANCE rather than in-game visuals.")
~ Digital Foundry (Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare)
[https://www.youtube.com......]

[http://www.eurogamer.net......]

So, again here, the Xbox One was able to get the more "stable" version out of both versions. The Xbox One ran this game at fluctuating resolutions, which means that in intensive situations, the resolution drops down to 1440x1080p and it goes back to full HD when things calm down. The PS4 runs the game at full HD throughout the entire game. Yet, this game had the inferior testing in overall performance. But, maybe Sledgehammer Games was probably paid by Microsoft, which is an argument that most of these gamers use when they clearly see that the PS4 isn"t handling 1080p perfectly. What about another example?

Test 3

("Moving onto PS4, Evolve gains an advantage from delivering sharper native 1080p presentation compared to the Xbox One game, but right now this has some drawbacks when it comes down to performance in demanding scenes: frame-rates simply aren't as stable on Sony's console when the engine is under load, and this leads to more noticeable stuttering on the platform compared to Xbox One. The main issue here is that drops in performance are sustained for longer periods, and frame-rates often drop off more sharply too, which visibly draws attention to the variances in motion handling and controller response. Turns of the analogue stick feel heavy under these conditions and this makes it difficult to aim under pressure with a good degree of precision - something that can potentially turn the tide of the match. With Evolve currently in alpha mode, the developer must surely be aware of this issue and we hope to see it fixed in the final game.")
~Digital Foundry (Evolve)

[http://www.eurogamer.net......]

Test 4

("Performance-wise, both consoles do a good job of delivering a stable, consistent frame-rate but it is the Xbox One version that delivers the smoothest experience overall. Frame-rate drops are extremely rare, only appearing in the most extreme circumstances - for all intents and purposes we're looking at a locked 30fps. Unfortunately, the higher resolution on PS4 comes with a catch in the form of noticeable performance dips during strenuous sequences. During a normal run of play, the game does a good job of maintaining the target frame-rate but frame-rate faltered sometimes during battle sequences and sometimes even traversal across the landscape.")
~Digital Foundry (Dragon Age: Inquisition)
[http://www.eurogamer.net......]
______________
Contentions:
{"A PlayStation 4 is better than an XBOX ONE because the controller is more superior and the charger for the PS4 doesn't have a huge power box that you have to drag around, just a simple cord."}
Now, controller-wise, I have mixed feelings for the PS4's and Xbox One's controllers, since I am a PC guy as well. I'm more accustomed to the keyboard and mouse. That's just my thing. Now, in my opinion, I'm more used to the Xbox One controller because I have a history with the Xbox 360. I didn't have a PS3 back then. So, I'm a little more used to the Xbox controller than the PlayStation controller. I really don't have a preference for either controller because both of them are fine and I don't mind how big the Xbox One controller is because, regardless, I'm still enjoying my playing experience with the Xbox.

Now, for charging, I'm assuming you use cables for charging your PS4 controllers. Now, I use charging stations. So, when I'm done, I simply put them in a charging station and it's doing its thing. Now, obviously, I won't have a preference for how these chargers because they do the exact same thing and they charge my controllers the exact same way. I mean, no offense, but I fail to see how a controller and how a charger for that controller justify your preference. I mean, I'm not saying your justifications aren't valid, I don't think those justifications are reasonable, at least in my perspective, because when do you ever hear anyone say "I'm going to buy a PlayStation 4 because it has a better controller and I like their chargers"? Maybe, you can explain how this justifies your preference in the next round. Maybe, you'll pull up some more arguments and justifications, that will answer my question and so on and so forth. I'm primarily concerned for the overall quality of the playing experience the system can bring to me and its features.

{"The PS4 also has a user replaceable hard drive so that the user can have more space for his or her PS4. The XBOX ONE does not have a user replaceable hard drive. I do not have long contentions because I simply re-word everything I see."}

Actually, you can replace the hard drive on an Xbox One too. It's just that it's really hard to do, much harder to do than on the PS4 side. It's really hard to the point where it's usually not even bothered with.
[http://www.geek.com...]
The other alternative to that is that you can purchase a USB that can have a lot of terabytes. I use a 3TB External Hard Drive for my Xbox One for $100. I don't mind using External Hard Drives. You can buy a 4TB HDD for $125 on Amazon, which is a great deal.
[http://www.amazon.com...]

The maximum you can get, I believe is 16TB, but nobody is going to buy that, since it costs $1400.
MCB2700

Pro

MCB2700 forfeited this round.
Dishoungh

Con

Pro has forfeited Round 3; therefore, I have nothing to refute.
MCB2700

Pro

MCB2700 forfeited this round.
Dishoungh

Con

Pro has forfeited Round 4 and Round 5 of the debate and I still have nothing to refute; therefore my arguments from Round 3 still apply. Vote for Con.
Posted by Dishoungh 2 years ago
Dishoungh
*Round 4
Posted by sento 2 years ago
sento
ps4 is better
Posted by Idiosyncratic 2 years ago
Idiosyncratic
haha knew it. I have both PC and PS4, and right now, PS4 has the next gen games, but I know PC will come along and probably have greater versions of the next gen by then. Ah well. I have both so I win I guess?
Posted by EarnSomeRespect 2 years ago
EarnSomeRespect
I'm sorry, but PC master race. Praise Gaben.
Posted by Idiosyncratic 2 years ago
Idiosyncratic
Are you trying to start a war? Because this is how you start a war. I have PS4. Never played on a Xbox, but I do know love my PS4. You will prolly get some PC master race trolls, but the best of luck to this debate.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
MCB2700DishounghTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
MCB2700DishounghTied