BoggleBros37
lord_megatron

Playstation is better than Xbox

The Voting Period Ends In
Started: 6/16/2016 Category: Games
Updated: 5 months ago Status: Voting Period

BoggleBros37

Pro

Round 1) - Accept
Round 2) - Opening Argument
Round 3 to 5) - Rebuttal

Playstation is better than Xbox. Disagree? Then have a debate with me about it
lord_megatron

Con

Okay, in the next rounds I will be arguing that Xbox Kinect is better than most versions of the playstation.
BoggleBros37

Pro

BoggleBros37 forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Con

Okay my argument is that x-box kinect is better as it develops lesser laziness and has more immersive gaming.
Laziness
Twiddling your thumbs at a playstation controller, or swinging a remote doesn't provide the same level of activity as moving in front of the camera does. There are even some exercise cds in kinect. Furthermore, it makes exercise easier as people focus more on the game than on their tiredness.
Immersive gaming
As the character moves when you move, it provides much more immersive and fun gaming than the playstation. It is fun when you can throw fireballs with your hand or engage in a boxing match without feeling the pain. It feels as if we have total control over the character in the game. Sometimes my controller batteries run out or it stops responding, no such problem in kinect. While someone could move in front of the camera, the same problem occurs when someone moves in front of the screen.
Playstation is good, but kinect is mostly better.
BoggleBros37

Pro

Before Kinect existed, Sony released the Eye Toy for the Playstation 2. Similar to the Xbox 360 camera accessory, the Eye Toy makes your body into a controller. For the Playstation 3, Sony released a more advanced camera in the Playstation Eye. Although Kinect is technically more advanced, the Playstation Move, which requires the Playstation Eye, can theoretically feature the same body-sensing control scheme in addition to proving a more traditional motion controller to boot.

On the other end of the spectrum, Kinect only has a camera. You won"t have a motion-sensing stick with buttons to provide any tactile feedback. Therefore, you are only limited to using your body as a controller when playing Kinect games.

SOURCES
http://gameidealist.com...
lord_megatron

Con

No Kinect also has a little controller along with it I use it to run the cd when the camera is just starting up. It is not a remote, but its a controller and some games such as risk are played through controller in kinect.
The Eye Toy is no where near Xbox kinect, why would you need a controller anyways? It is more fun with the camera. Pro has argued that eyetoy can do the same things as kinect, but doesn't show why the controller makes it better. Pro concedes Kinect is more technically advanced.
Plus, I have to call pro for direct plagiarism from the source. While I have no problem with it, I would like your arguments to be more original and based on experience. I won't be debating with a website, but with a person.
BoggleBros37

Pro

I apologize for the plagiarism i guess i didn't really try in the opening statement, however,

The controller is better when playing games where you hold a shield or sword kinda giving a more realistic experience. The reason why playstation is better than Xbox is because of how many units, last year, Sony managed to sell 5.7 during the holiday season, bringing lifetime sales of the console to 35.9 million. Playstation is outselling Xbox, selling 40.43 million systems sold worldwide, while microsoft only sold 20.99 million systems. Even with graphics, Playstation 4 games achieve a 1080p resolution at 30-60 FPS whereas Xbox one games run at 720p or 900p at 30-60 FPS. Playstation even has better exclusives than Xbox, I know Xbox it's own set of games like Gears of War, Halo and Tomb raider but Playstation has games to rival them such as Uncharted 4, Street Fighter V, and Ratchet and Clank, now i know these games aren't as good as the xbox exclusives but they're awesome classics still racking in a ton of cash

[SOURCES]
http://www.techradar.com...
http://www.gamespot.com...
lord_megatron

Con

It's like comparing marvel and DC you can't just decide which is better through the money.
You can't do boxing with a remote, can you? It will give more of a dagger feeling. And even with the sword it is good to use your hands. I like it when I cut through my the enemies with my hands. It's like the blade is attached onto my hands' side, which is cooler. Forgive me for a transformers reference, but arcee in transformers prime had that kind of blades, which was cool. And a remote doesn't seem to be the apt thing for a shield.
One of my favorite games on kinect was the avengers action game. It was most of marvel superheroes vs skrulls, which was fun. Just imagine throwing a repulsor beam with the hand, or jumping and bringing down the thor's hammer on a skrull. It is much more fun than the remote or the controller. Playstation has some good games such as mortal kombat and injustice, but if they had a kinect version for that it would be better.
Thus, pro failed to give a substantial argument as to why playstation is better than most of xbox. Furthermore, pro failed to rebut my opening arguments about laziness and immersive gameplay. Therefore, you must vote con.
BoggleBros37

Pro

Actually you can decide which one is better. The company that makes more money is better, i mean you wouldn't wanna pay for something you don't so like if Marvel was to make more money than DC, then that means more people would pay to see a Marvel movie. Con then goes on to state that i didn't give a substantial argument about why playstation is better than xbox neglecting my evidence of how playstation has outsold xbox and how playstation has better graphics than xbox. Con didn't give a reason why xbox was better than playstation apart from him playing his favorite games on xbox making great memories. Con states i failed to rebut his opening arguments about laziness which is false, you don't play playstation move sitting down, you have stand up and dance around or act like as if you were in the game. Playstation has its own VR Headset taking gameplay to the next level. The VR is designed to make the gamer feel like he's actually in the game, also giving the user a more realistic experience while playing the game.
lord_megatron

Con

Pro still failed to rebut my arguments in the opening round. Swinging a remote and swinging around are different. Xbox has a lot of immersive gameplay. The graphics are decent, and sound quality is good. Why do you need a remote controller or a headset when you have everything in kinect? It is extra baggage and result of obsolete design.
As for graphics, it really depends more upon the game you are playing than the console. (cough.,minecraft..cough)
As for the money argument, it is because playstation has a wider range of products, has a different price ranging and product availability in more areas.
Vote con.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 months ago
dsjpk5
Maybe if my vote is reported a third time, enough time will have passed to get it removed. Keep your chin up, buckaroo!
Posted by whiteflame 2 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: dsjpk5// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments), 1 point to Con (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision:

[*Reason for non-removal*] No RFD is required on this debate. As such, votes on this debate are not moderated.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 4 months ago
whiteflame

3 point to Pro (Arguments), 1 point to Con (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision:

[*Reason for non-removal*] No RFD is required for this debate and, as such, votes are not moderated.

Note: Votes that were previously removed from this debate should not have been, and future votes reported on this debate will not be removed either.
Posted by whiteflame 5 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: JustVotingTiedDebates// Mod action: Removed<

1 points to Con (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: conduct for forfiet and plagiarism

[*Reason for removal*] While the voter is welcome to award conduct for plagiarism, the voter does have to point to the instance of plagiarism in the debate before they can do so. A single forfeit alone is not sufficient reason to award a conduct only vote.
Posted by BoggleBros37 5 months ago
BoggleBros37
wtf i didn't forfeit
Posted by BoggleBros37 5 months ago
BoggleBros37
Every single xbox console and feature out there counts including Kinect
Posted by lord_megatron 5 months ago
lord_megatron
Does the Xbox kinect count? Then I will accept. Otherwise playstation is much better
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 4 months ago
dsjpk5
BoggleBros37lord_megatronTied
Vote Placed by JustVotingTiedDebates 4 months ago
JustVotingTiedDebates
BoggleBros37lord_megatronTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for forfeit and plagiarism. Plagiarism from PRO in round 3 . CON also points to that in round 4: "I would like your arguments to be more original and based on experience. I won't be debating with a website, but with a person." Adil, Qatar