JTWS
Tuba_players

Playstation vs. Xbox

JTWS

Pro

I am arguing that PlayStation is superior to Xbox
1st round - acceptance
2nd round - primary argument
3rd & 4th round - second argument/rebuttal
5th round - additional comments/closing argument
Any questions leave in the comment section
Tuba_players

Con

I'll accept. I hate both because I have a PC but I'll argue for the Xbox since my brother has one.
JTWS

Pro

The PlayStation is superior to the Xbox in several ways.
First of all, PlayStation as been around for much longer. Sony released the PS 1 in 1994, and by the time Microsoft took the initiative to release the Xbox 7 years later, the PlayStation 2 had already been released.
Secondly, PlayStation holds multiple all-time records with the PlayStation 2 which has since been titled "The King of Consoles." This left both the Xbox and Xbox 360 battling for second place along with the Wii.
Third, Xbox has repeatedly copied PlayStation. For example, while the PS 3 is able to play Blu-ray disc. It was not until the Xbox 1 however that Xbox was able to do is.
Next, PlayStation is making advancements at an accelerated rate. With the PS 5 scheduled to come out in the next two years, PlayStation will have released 5 original consoles before Xbox releases it's 4th.
Additionally, PlayStation has long had better and more high ranking exclusives. PlayStation has Uncharted, Kill-zone, Little Big Planet........: Halo doesn't even come close.
Going to controllers, Dual Shock has made far more advancements regarding grip, durability and power than any box controller.
There is far more to be said about PlayStation but these are some of the basic facts. I intend to focus more on more detailed statistics later on as well as prove the dominance of the PlayStation 4.
Tuba_players

Con

yes, Sony has a technological superiority. And Microsoft has been lazy with their consoles, I'll admit that.

Exclusives are really stupid, it is blocking consumers from buying their games. I wish all games were on all hardware capable consoles. This just shows that PS players fall for the corporate scheme. And who says exclusives are better? I could say that Halo is better because it is SUBJECTIVE(not yelling).
I could say that Keyboard and Mouse is far superior from either controller, but controllers are completely subjective.

The only facts you presented is that PS is technological better. But in the grand scheme of things, they are very similar.

I'm not going to advocate for the PC because I want to focus on the XBOX.
JTWS

Pro

Your argument is flawed.
First, consoles are rarely sold on mere facts. Customer appeal plays a major role as well.
Also, in the grand scheme of themes the PlayStation is far different - a fact reflected by sales: In spite of the P S4 being more expensive , as of this summer Sony sold over 60 million PS 4 units whereas Microsoft sold approximately half as many Xbox Ones.
Secondly, contrary to common thought exclusives are mutually beneficial in three ways.
1) Exclusives work like a privilege, directly given to fans who buy the console. Thus, the consumers are benefited.
2) Because customers are drawn to exclusives, the company will increase i sales. Thus, the company is benefited.
3) Due to an increase in sales, the company pays the developers more to release exclusives. Thus, developers are benefited.
When I say some exclusives are better, I am not talking about individual opinions. I am referring to critic ratings. ( IGN, metacritic, GameSpot). Therefore, you statement that Halo is better would be wrong as both Halo and Uncharted received similar scores until recent years where Uncharted 3 and 4 pulled ahead of Halo 4 and 5.
Tuba_players

Con

Do you really think that exclusives are a good thing? I really hate that Halo is only on Xbox and Uncharted on PS only. Because you have to buy that specific console. People would like to buy one console and play all their games on it, not get a separate console to play that one game. And its called bribery, think about it. Company's pay developers to make good games to put on their consoles, only their consoles. Then the community says this "GAME" is really good and is worth buying. Sony does so much bribery. And exclusives are only the average personal opinion from a popular company. So it is still opinion. I honestly don't like Minecraft but it is the best selling game of all time.
Microsoft doesn't have to be good in the gaming world anyway because they have other software they sell, and didn't one of these consoles sold at a loss.

Honestly in time everything is going to be played on PC because emulation.
JTWS

Pro

Good is a relative term with a variety of definition. If by good, you mean it is desirable, then you are merely being opinionated. If, by good,, you are referring to the morality of the situation, then that i something more fit for an ethics debate. If, by good, you mean it is advantageous or beneficial, then it depends on the party involved. You see where this kind of logic is going??
As for Sony's actions, what you call bribery is more commonly known as a common business deal. Hundreds of them happen every week; I can't think of a company that doesn't operate in a similar way
It is true that Microsoft is a much bigger company with a variety of branches. But isn't it better to specialize in a few things than to average at everything?
If PCs are to be the future of gaming is still to be decided.
Tuba_players

Con

I call it bribery because your are paying someone for your benefit and the other party believes that it is for their benefit too. Politicians do it with corporations, do you still call it a deal? no it is legalized bribery. Yes, exclusives are beneficial for Sony and the developer but at the cost of the consumer, I think that privilege system you stated is a terrible terrible thing, "give power to those who have more money" is what your saying.

Yes Sony has a lead in the gaming industry because it is a smaller company than Microsoft. Microsoft was never intended to be a gaming company. It was a PC software company and is still pretty much is. And Microsoft is not average in the software world, it is number one. But still the graphics and the game play is still roughly the same. 30fps, low details, paying for online abilities. I say PC is the future because PC all ready takes up majority of Games that ever existed, most popular gaming platform, huge savings from constant sales and all ready cheap prices, free online for the 90% of games.

Both consoles would be really good gaming machines if there was no such thing as exclusives because the companies would have to compete hardware not exclusives.
JTWS

Pro

What I said has nothing to do with power or money. But on that note, would you say the same thing for stockholders. Is it a terrible thing that they receive dividends exclusive to their investments?
Secondly, if Microsoft is a top PC company,which it is, and the future of gaming, according to you, is in PC, then why does Microsoft continue to bother making consoles. They should be competing with Alien-ware and Xidax. - Not Sony.
I think you are ignorant of current generation consoles' capabilities. Current gen runs at 60 fps/1080 p and allows free online play. Even if PC is slightly better, no gaming computer is nearly capable of producing life-like animation as this would require around sixty teraflops.
Although games are cheaper on PC, many people cannot afford the initial cost. In fact , PC dealers make a much bigger profit per unit which allows them to sell cheaper games. Hence why many people opt to build their own PC for half the price of buying one.
Either way, exclusives alone are not responsible for the drastic difference in sales. Anywhere you look, the hardware varies between Xbox and the PlayStation even if the only major difference is a better graphics processor, or a larger hard-rive. Need I mention that even something as apparently irrelevant as design plays can draw a person to one particular console? A thin PlayStation may look more appealing than a bulky Xbox.
Tuba_players

Con

On the question on Why does Microsoft make consoles if the future of gaming is on PC? Because people still play on consoles. So why not appeal to the other demographic? And no Microsoft does not need to compete with Alien-ware and Xidax., these 2 companies are PC building companies, not software companies, and Microsoft gets money from these companies so that these companies can put Windows on their Products. AND while Microsoft is in the console business then they have to compete with Sony.
Yes Current consoles can run games at 1080p at 60fps, but has to be set at low/medium settings compared to the PC, BUT the PC can play games at 1080p at 60fps on ultra settings easy, for the same price of a console($500) and Online for 2 years($120) and you get free online on PC, link of pcpartpicker PC that you build(which is easy) that murders any Console. And no playing online on consoles does cost money. It is called Xbox live and PlayStation PLUS. AND how does a same SPEC PC to a Console can't do what a crappy console can do? OR BETTER hardware?

Yes people build PC because it is easy and cheap. And sellers don't make games cheaper because their making a killing on PC sales, which they don't. Steam and Origin and other Distribution services make it cheap because their just selling a digital key which they can make out of no where and boom its a new sale. No physical cost is involved so price not needed to be higher.

Aesthetics don't really matter. If it does matter you can make a console size PC which is still better, and If you want to use any controller then PC...

https://pcpartpicker.com...

I tried to say on Xbox but my opponent pivoted to PC so what can I say.
Thank you for reading this debate and I hope you see that Both consoles suck.
Posted by whiteflame 3 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: MagicAintReal// Mod action: Removed<

2 points to Pro (Sources). Reasons for voting decision: No opt-in allows me to be dishonest without push back from mods. Mod tested, mod approved. SO I'll dock Con source points because Con uses a source that says pc/xbox prices are cheap, directly showing a superiority with respects to consumers, but I'm going to look at the rest of the source, not mentioned or challenged at all in the debate, that totals the price of all of these PC/Xbox parts, and it's very expensive, and why wasn't shipping free superior console? This works against Con since the topic of the debate is which console is superior, and the rest of Con's source shows a price inferiority with respects to consumers with PC/Xbox. Con's sources weren't sufficient to affirm my personal interpretation of the terms of the resolution, that PC/Xbox is equal or better than Playstation. Con's source helped Pro's argument of price superiority between the two, again, since *Pro* didn't affirm the defined burden, but did affirm my personal interpretation. I'll dock Con sources for it.

[*Reason for removal*] [*Reason for removal*] (1) Voters are required to assess the debate as it is presented. They are allowed to supplement that assessment with some deeper dives into the source materials given in the debate, but even if the voter is solely awarding source points, there must be some assessment based on how they"re actually used. (2) The voter is required to specifically assess sources given by both sides. Establishing who has the burden of proof is not sufficient reason to solely assess the sources of a single side.
************************************************************************
Posted by JTWS 3 months ago
JTWS
I ope y'all enjoyed this debate. I want to thank Tuba_players for having respectful debate and providing a good challenge.
Posted by Sovcody2 3 months ago
Sovcody2
I believe this debate will consist of;
Exclusives
Specifications
Branding
Special Sales (should try steam)
Console Sales

etc
Posted by SinSyto 3 months ago
SinSyto
Sorry, some error occurred and it sent the message multiple times^^"
Posted by SinSyto 3 months ago
SinSyto
Are we speaking brands or actual systems?
Posted by SinSyto 3 months ago
SinSyto
Posted by SinSyto 3 months ago
SinSyto
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 months ago
FanboyMctroll
I agree with you 100%, we all have our own opinions, and I respect that.

I believe in respectful discussions with a hint of satire in them LOL

You should join some discussions in the forums
Posted by Sovcody2 3 months ago
Sovcody2
It's important that we keep an open mind, and these preferences are just our own opinions.

I have an xbox 360 at my trailer park, while I'm a PC gamer, I don't mind playing consoles.

Thanks for the respectful discussion.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 months ago
FanboyMctroll
Sovcody2, those are excellent point, thank for the info. I used to be a PC guy but I find now with console I buy one and it last me 10 years and I don't need to upgrade anything.

But PC's aren't bad