gransta
ReganFan

Please attack my public forum case

ReganFan

gransta

Con

I am not arguing this case...just please attack it so I can fix it for a tournament:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Con

"No nation is permitted to live in ignorance with impunity" it is because I agree with Thomas Jefferson that I must negate the resolution.

Resolved: FAILED NATIONS ARE A GREATER THREAT TOTHE UNITED STATES THAN STABLE NATIONS.

In order to establish a foundation to make the round more clear and easier to judge I supply the following definitions:

Failed Nation is defined as being:
If a government can't physically control its territory; has no, or only a limited, monopoly on the legitimate use of force; cannot adopt and enforce decisions binding for the whole country; is unable to provide basic public services
Abbas Djavadj, associate director of broadcasting, RADIO FREE EUROPE, February 16, 2009,

Stable is: "when a government does have control, can provide it's citizens security and can provide it's citizens basic public services"

Threat: "declaration of an intention or a determination to inflict harm on another" Encarta.wiki.com

Nation: Bennidict Anderson of Cornell University defines a nation saying: "is an imagined political community-and imagined as both inherently limited and sovereign. It is imagined because the members of even the smallest nation will never know most of their fellow-members, meet them, or even hear of them."

THE STORY:

Failed nations do not possess the ability to harm the United States unless two conditions exist – the manipulation of the failed state by a stable nation or the influx of terrorism within the borders of that failed nation. With that said, neither condition proves that FAILED nations pose a greater threat. If anything, these conditions only serve as a greater for a CON Ballot because:

1.
STABLE NATIONS POSE A BIGGER THREAT BECAUSE THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FAILED NATIONS

History has shown us in the cold war, that stable nations take advantage of failed nations. Following the establishment of diplomatic ties with the Soviet Union after the Cuban revolution of 1959, Cuba became increasingly dependent on Soviet markets and military aid becoming an ally of the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Khrushchev agreed a deployment plan in May 1962, and by late July over sixty Soviet ships were en route to Cuba, some of them already carrying military material. A U.S. U-2 flight photographed a series of surface-to-air missile sites being constructed. U.S. President John F. Kennedy announced the discovery of the installations and proclaimed that any nuclear missile attack from Cuba would be regarded as an attack by the Soviet Union and would be responded to accordingly.
Russia being a stable nation and Cuba being a failed nation, this is clearly a stable nation taking advantage of a failed nation to pose a threat to the U.S.

Because stable nations continue to take advantage of failed nations, stable nations pose the greatest threat.

2.
FAILED NATIONS DON'T POSE A THREAT BECAUSE TERRORISM DOESN'T DESTROY DEMOCRACY

In the United States, history has shown that external terroristic acts have been known to strengthen American beliefs and values rather than weakening the ideals. Princeton University defines terrorism as "the calculated use of violence or the threat of violence against civilians in order to attain ideas that are political or religious." In other words, most terrorist attacks made towards America are politically based. In the Oklahoma City Bombings, Timothy McVeigh was motivated by the way the government handled the Waco Siege. The purposes of these attacks are to weaken or destroy our governmental system of democracy. In all attacks against our country, none of them successfully impacted our government or religious beliefs. Actually, after 9/11 America was more united and patriotic. American flag sales peaked at $51.7-million in 2001. In the week after the attacks, one of the nation's largest producers of American flags, produced more than 50,000 flags -- about 10 times the normal amount. (St. Petersburg Special Reports)

It is for all of these reasons that I ask you to vote for the con side of the ballot.
ReganFan

Pro

My opponent has really poorly structured his debate, He is con on Failed Nations are a Greater Threat to the United Stats than Stable Nations. However my opponent is clearly pro on the resolution "Please Attack My Public Forum Case", due to this fact I negate the resolution "Attack my public forum case" and thus by abstaining from attacking it.

The End (I hope I didn't attack his public forum case.)

Thank you
gransta

Con

Thanks for the help!!! Can someone else please leave a comment helping me out...because this guy doesn't understand my purpose and is being difficult
ReganFan

Pro

I understand your purpose, its just not a debate.
gransta

Con

This website is stupid and whoever is a participater in this has no life
ReganFan

Pro

ReganFan forfeited this round.
Posted by 200machao 6 years ago
200machao
lol whats even the topic?
Posted by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
Gracias, mongeese.
Posted by ReganFan 7 years ago
ReganFan
How exactly am I being a troll? By not being funny?
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Nice pic, Nags.
Posted by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
The troll pushed me over the edge...
Posted by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
this made me laugh but then again i have a crappy sense of humor
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Gransta, just post this in the forum if you don't intend to debate.
Posted by ReganFan 7 years ago
ReganFan
My argument is that by not attacking his public forum case it becomes impossible for him to win
Posted by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
Anyway, this would have been funny: http://i36.tinypic.com...
Posted by ReganFan 7 years ago
ReganFan
I fail to see how my logic is flawed, I refused to try and be funny in this debate because sometimes it can back fire as illustrated in the debate I just showed you.
Vote Placed by Cody_Franklin 7 years ago
Cody_Franklin
granstaReganFanTied