PoetsPotions
kawaii_crazy

Please coment "Are Humans like stones tosed in a river?"

kawaii_crazy

PoetsPotions

Pro

Please respond a Comment;
'For some time now I have been seeking a place where I may exercise my logical & creative thinking abilities with philosophical discussions. If you would 'make my day', Please tell me 'what you think human life is like to you?' for lately I have come to see each of us; 'as but stones tossed in a river..,'
RE:> 'We do not choose from whence we come, & we can not even know where we are until we hit our unchosen waters. Yet The ripples of our life are but an effect produced from whence we are thrown. & The countless ripples of others thrown around us, combined with the river to which we have been thrown in, are destined to impact guide & shape the course of our lives. weather we like it or not.
From the very get go, It is our furthest eternal ancestors who flung our path to here today. weather the Bactria who evolved, or the holy creator you believe created you, or 'both'? We are the products of countless dominoes falling, who shaped & guided our course here, & who continue to shape & guide us like the currents of a water surrounding us, everyday in every way.
Furthermore; The greater majority of us, Having rippled once, resign to float down their river completely subject to its seemingly powerful guiding pull, & live their lives guided only by the ripples of others before them, & their natural reactions.
However; Their dose exist some rare 'Heavy weights' amongst us, the 'un-mediocre', the 'diamonds in the rough', who blessed by destiny, have devised ways to ripple their own course through life. ye, to carve their own unique path, & truly make a valuable contribution to the river world, & the lives & 'destinies' of others.
1stly; they become self aware, aware that 'they are in a river'. & they begin to sink themselves deep, deep down to the bottom, where they may watch the world freer, no longer subjective to its wild whims & wains of maddening awe. a place where their ideas & ideals may crystallize, & they themselves may become as diamonds.
deep beneath the rough of these white water havens. They polishing themselves up until they are as shiny as they can be, glowing brighter & brighter for an age unnoticed. plotting their Ideal next moves with countless lessons before them.
Yet, Eventually, all are brought to the surface. maybe it's because the current got to strong, or maybe it's because another stone dislodged one from their crevice, yet hopefully its because they themselves have grown so much from the time of great depth that they themselves have arisen as an island above this wasteland.
the few wise islands amongst us, are now no longer shaken by the petty ripples of the small stones around them, they are no longer subject to the wild whims of the river. ye, strong & steady they have become as saviors of many who would float on board, they guide not with small pushing ripples of small stones pushed, but with the great casting waves of wisdom & success, that guide all around them into a better life. & ye, they build all around them 'up' together as one, the 'Diamonds in the rough'.
Others of the great depth amongst us, may 'return to the surface' more hastily. they are the gems amongst us. they are bigger stronger & faster then most of us all. & though they float down the river like almost everyone els, they are no longer light & fragile, no longer so effected by the ripples of the others, they cast their own powerful ripple from within, as they fly down that river towards their goal, their destination, their ocean of success.
The gems that make it to their ocean are a sight for sore eyes to the stones that follow, they carve the path much easier, & make the destination a much more beautiful place, & if they are lucky, they might just sink deeper & together become as the diamond islands. for these are the hope & Inspiration for the stones of the future. These are 'The gems of the ocean'.
Lastly; I would like to add, that their are all kinds of stones, tossed in all kinds of rivers, with all kinds of destinies & destinations. some of us have little hope, some of us have much, some of us are as two stones that are trying to become one, & some of us are as a single lonely eroding stone that is gradually falling apart. yet whatever your destiny, whatever your fate, gaining the ability & the motivation to change your destiny, should be the key defining step for your destinies success in life.
One who lacks this ability or motivation to effect change, will most likely float down the river of failure, onto the shores of regret, & find themselves lost confused & suffering when they get their.
Understand that 'we may not get to chose where we come from, the path to which we are thrown on, or the abilities to which we are first granted. yet we are granted with these abilities. the abilities to think, to chose, to act, to appreciate, to love, to grow, to utilize, & If we are wise, we will appreciate these, & we will seez this chance to change our destiny, we will utilize our abilities, to make the most of our lives. to 'make the most of our destinies', & make our stones, our rivers, our worlds, a better place'
I want you to step back & grab a hold of your stone & life, with both hands, for today & everyday, & I want you to say; "Today!, I control my destiny!, & I will Lead myself best!", for the fate of your life, & the lives of all those you effect, is now in your hands.., so, good luck to you.., please do your best.., & please don't blame others..,
'The power to effect change has begun, like a thrown stone',

..,'Thank you for your time' ;,^>

poets potions
kawaii_crazy

Con

Really, it depends on who you are. There are people who grow up a "normal" life, stay where they were born, and become what hey have planed to become for a long time. But 99% of the time, humans "move along the river", either upstream or downstream. The upstream people try to fight the current, either for the good or for the bad. Some people start out as kids with no care in the world and then move on to make a difference, fighting those who believe in the wrong. Some people start out as good kids too with no care in the world and become criminals who fight the people who believe in the right. There are people who move downstream and become what everyone thought they would always become. In some cases, people start out in a bad neighborhood and become criminals or start out with parents who as well-known and grow up to become famous themselves. But 99% of the times do humans stay where there are, not changing their opinions from when they are 5 years-old until they are 80 years-old. No, the majority of the people on this planet, are not like stones thrown into the river.
PoetsPotions

Pro

PoetsPotions forfeited this round.
kawaii_crazy

Con

1) I really don't like it when people forfeit their own debates!
2) I'm not really into philosophy but I don't think humans are like stones thrown into a river because maybe sometimes we don't have control over which way we are headed, but we do have the control to change the way we are headed. If we grow up/born into a family f criminals, pressure doesn't mean we have to be a criminal ourselves. Stones don't have control where they are going and can't change the direction they are going in because they are not alive. Humans are alive and can choose for themselves. We don't have to do what everyone else does. And we certainly are nothing like stones tossed into a river.
PoetsPotions

Pro

PoetsPotions forfeited this round.
kawaii_crazy

Con

1) I really don't like it when people forfeit their debits.
2)Let's get this show on the road, even if the first act dropped out.
Humans are not like stones tossed in a river. People have a right to do what they want in life. You've always heard of people who's fathers are, say, a doctor, and they want their sons to be doctors too. Well, almost always, the case is that their sons don't want to do what their father did/does. They want to be their own person. I would. I would do what makes me happy because it sucks when you have a job doing something you don't even like to do! But pressure makes the person do it anyway. Many times, the person grows up to do what the people around them have pushed them to do for years.
Humans are not like stones who have to dgo where water and wind pushes them. We don't have to do what others want us to. The majority of us have the capability of saying no (or signing it if you're deaf/mute). We can do what we want, God gave us the capability to. With the simple shake of a head, we can say no to what we don't want to do. Humans have the capability to pick which path they take while stones tossed into a river do not.
PoetsPotions

Pro

PoetsPotions forfeited this round.
kawaii_crazy

Con

1) PoetsPotion, I'm getting really annoyed with your forfeiting.
2) Because I don't like it when people forfeit their debates, I won't forfeit this one.
3)First of all, have you ever thought of the fact that you are alive? Well, we are, and rocks aren't. Humans can move, talk, eat, see, taste, and make choices while rocks CANNOT. Rocks have to go anywhere someone who is living takes them. If a rock falls to the ground, it must stay there until someone picks it up. We can defy gravity. Even if we fall, we can get back up. Rocks have to head downwards because of gravity. We can do what we want. We can jump, run, walk. Rocks can't. If someone throws a rock into a river, it can't move unless someone picks it up, the wind blows it away, or it moves along with the water. If someone threw me into the river, I would be able to stand, swim away, or choose to sink. Rocks don't have choices, but us humans are lucky enough to have a choice.
PoetsPotions

Pro

PoetsPotions forfeited this round.
kawaii_crazy

Con

kawaii_crazy forfeited this round.
Posted by kawaii_crazy 3 years ago
kawaii_crazy
Sorry, totally forgot to go on DDO in a while! Wish I hadn't forfeited! :(
Posted by kasidyne2016 3 years ago
kasidyne2016
As Forrest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolates--you never know which one you're gonna get."
Posted by Lethargic 3 years ago
Lethargic
Lately, i've been focusing more on what humans really are. We are made of atomic and molecular compounds. Our reactions to each other and our environment are nothing significant from an ultimate view.

You see i used to be like you, full of philosophy and poetry. I felt like my mind power was unstoppable. I was proud of my cognitive ability. But as time went on, i realized how many people didn't care. My biggest mistake was that i didn't stay true to myself. I quit using my head because it served no value in my forsaken life. Now i live in an even greater labyrinth than before, and I'm only trying to regain the mind i used to have.

Keep fighting, and don't let go of your mind. The world hates free thinkers, but the few of us must fight on. But of course, what is the point? That's right.
Posted by PoetsPotions 3 years ago
PoetsPotions
Maybe yo think life is more like a fruit tree, or a car on a road trip, whatever your preferred analogy, or point of comment please share what you think fully, whatever reasons why this is so, how one may use this to better ones self.., etc'.., I'm verry interested to receive some replies...??? thank you.??? ;,^>

poets potions
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
PoetsPotionskawaii_crazyTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF = 7 point win.
Vote Placed by gordonjames 3 years ago
gordonjames
PoetsPotionskawaii_crazyTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF by pro
Vote Placed by Magic8000 3 years ago
Magic8000
PoetsPotionskawaii_crazyTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Also Pro spelt "comment" wrong in the resolution
Vote Placed by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
PoetsPotionskawaii_crazyTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
PoetsPotionskawaii_crazyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited more and did not rebute con's opening argument.