tylersch96
GiantSpoonMan

Poachers have no appreciation for nature.

tylersch96

Pro

First round is acceptance. I am against poachers in this debate.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

tylersch96

Pro

A poacher is one who kills or takes wild animals (as game or fish) illegally. Poaching is the illegal taking or possession of game animals and fish, non-game, and protected, threatened, or endangered fish and wildlife species. Hunting deer/elk with the aid of a spotlight, closed season, closed area, possessing over the legal limits of fish or wildlife, killing of protected and endangered fish or wildlife, or destruction of critical habitat owned or controlled by WDFW. Poaching has a direct affect on all of us that follow the rules. For example, poaching diminishes current and future fish and wildlife populations thus reducing hunting/fishing and watchable wildlife opportunities of us and our children, and deprives the state and local businesses of revenue. Poaching impacts our ability to properly manage the fish and wildlife resources of the state. Legal hunting and fishing seasons are designed to remove the annual harvestable surplus. Poachers are impacting the fish and wildlife breeding populations needed to sustain or increase future harvest levels for legal hunters.
It is not known exactly how much poachers kill, but it"s quite probable that they can illegally take just as much as legitimate hunters/fishers do in some areas during regular hunting seasons.
Rhinos are poached for their horns, which can fetch prices up to $18,000 a pound.Prized for their brilliant spotted coats, leopards have entered the crosshairs of poachers across the globe. In addition to their coats, Leopards bones are sold as a substitute to tiger bones in traditional remedies, and their heads are a welcome prize to hunters.Over the past century tiger populations have been decimated by poachers. As few as 3,000 tigers remain in the wild. African lions are increasingly targeted by poachers for their bones which are used in traditional medicines. A single lion skeleton can garner up to $9,000.The largest of all sea turtles, leatherbacks can reach lengths up to 6.5 feet and weights of more than 1,100 pounds. Leatherbacks are often caught in fishermen's nets and then butchered for their meat.

Resources http://www.weather.com...
GiantSpoonMan

Con

GiantSpoonMan forfeited this round.
tylersch96

Pro

My argument stands.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

GiantSpoonMan forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
LOL!
I know, I just loving playing with the English language where so many words can appear with radically different meanings.
It's the only language that does this.
This is why comedians consider it the best language for comedy.
The British series, "The Two Ronnies" that aired in the 60s used this extensively.
The Marx brothers played on it all the time.
Mash used it regularly.
Frankly I'm completely against poaching of animals for any reason.
Stupid superstitions (ivory, tiger penises, etc....) that use these products should also be quashed and ridiculed.
For instance: Some Chinese and Indian superstitions and cures use rhino horns, but rhino horns are just
keratin, like our own fingernails, hair and epidermis. So they should be forced to simply use their own fingernail clippings instead. Same recipe, just doesn't have the same sense of significance.
So I also hate superstitions.
People that follow superstitions are so irrational that they can only be called Unintelligent or DUMB.
Posted by tylersch96 3 years ago
tylersch96
im talking about killing of animals for trophys
Posted by tylersch96 3 years ago
tylersch96
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
I'm a poacher, so don't hate me for it!
I don't like my meat and eggs fried.
I prefer to poach them instead.
:-D~