Human_Joke65
whosawhat64

Poes are better than trolls.

Started: 2/21/2014 Category: Funny

Human_Joke65

Pro

Being a poe is more indirect. More subtle means more tactical. Your intentions are better concealed. Your message is more effective. Your target is more confused.

The contender should be better off trolling me to prove his point since I am hard to read considering what I am promoting. Since I see the trolling a mile off, good luck with that.
whosawhat64

Con

Good day dear Sir!
After Reading your argument I decided to do a good old search from our everlasting friend, Google. And what I found was quite interesting.
My first discovery was this, P.O.E.S., a international (specific U.S. and U.K.) satellite Program designed to check the weather.
"Data from the POES series supports a broad range of environmental monitoring applications including weather analysis and forecasting, climate research and prediction, global sea surface temperature measurements, atmospheric soundings of temperature and humidity, ocean dynamics research, volcanic eruption monitoring, forest fire detection, global vegetation analysis, search and rescue, and many other applications."
http://www.ospo.noaa.gov...
The other thing found was not very appropriate. Something about African slang I recall...
Then again, never trust Wikipedia. http://en.wiktionary.org...
The point is, calling someone a poe(s) (correct term) is worse than calling someone a troll, which is playful and kind.
Tsk Tsk.
Enchiladas Nom Nom.
Human_Joke65

Pro

Thank you for accepting.

Counter:
Being exposed as a Poe feels less insulting than being caught trolling. In my experience, less respect to my unorthodox ideas is given when trolling. When assumed as a Poe, I see that the responder is simply avoiding my challenge. They evade my initiated offer by complimenting my Poe account sarcastically. Trolls are dismissed; poes are more dramatic and evoke less hostility. So, I do not agree that being called a Poe is worse.

Addressing an issue raised in the comments section: poes are still superior to really good trolls because it takes a really good troll just to be on equal footing with a Poe. The fair fight ends when the struggling troll has to contend with an inherently consistent Poe.
whosawhat64

Con

Well done dear sir!
Two things this time.
#1 Wikipedia (never trust) Poe (born Anne Decatur Danielewski) (born March 23, 1967), is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. Poe's musical style is a unique blend of Rock, Jazz, Electronica, Folk, and Hip Hop elements combining intimate lyrical compositions. Many of Poe's songs have been featured in films and on television. Poe first hit the modern rock charts in 1995.
Well that added to my random.
#2 POE, A.K.A. Path of Exile. MMO Switz version of Diablo (specifically Diablo II). Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. They're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that they'd want to play themselves. It is designed around a strong barter-based online item economy, deep character customization, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win". [Grinding Gear Games] http://www.metacritic.com...

Now I would like to address something. A Poe may be secretive, but is it that funny when only you know? Like you laugh at work and then the people would be like "whats wrong with you?" Right? Now granted, being a Poe has advantages when trying not to get banned from server, but then again, where is the fun when no one knows? Where with Trolls, well...
https://www.youtube.com...
Nom Nom.
Human_Joke65

Pro

I suppose escalating the stakes to a squad of poes versus trolls solves the inside joke dilemma you noticed. In that scenario, the inside joke gets a more sensible audience. Identifying yourself as a poe isn't as compromising as a caught troll. A poe can still be confusing and consistent; a troll has to find a new target.
whosawhat64

Con

Ah, the joy of debate...
While on my search for POE I cam across a rhyme about them, written by the ancient Nords.
Troll kalla mik
trungl sj11;trungnis,
au"sug j11;tuns,
"ls"lar b11;l,
vilsinn v11;lu,
v11;r" nafjar"ar,
hv"lsveg himins "
hvat's troll nema "at?

No idea what it says, Wikipedia gave a translation, but never trust Wikipedia.
Sot he question of the day is:
Who watching this debate can say "I am a Troll?" Here is the definition of a troll, if you don't know already:
A person who invokes anger with constant annoyances or posts online, usually to get an Irate response.
Here's the thing. Most of the time "trolling" (there are different definitions for other people, above summed it up) is playful, but sometimes people mistake playful with Rage induced Fury of Ultimate Death and Pandemonium. And it's pretty easy to spot a troll, so finding a Poe shouldn't be hard.
In other words, a Poe is a Quiet Troll.
Now if you pardon me, I am off to troll some fish.
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

http://www.google.com...
Human_Joke65

Pro

When Tony Stark is provoking Bruce Banner, is that temporary trolling or is there a more committed intent? Stark wants Banner to have fun with the Hulk, but uses instigating tactics to do it. So trolling is the vehicle, but Poe's Law is the NASCAR driver.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpdrSOBKlA
whosawhat64

Con

So what you are saying is that while Stark "Bugs"(the smallest and shortest for of troll) Banner, Poe's law is this?

God bless...
So this is what a Poe is? I think you should stick to trolling. True, trolling has been misused a lot. People have died. But seriously, this is your mentality?
Human_Joke65

Pro

The hulk does kill people, and Banner probably is stuck being in the thrill of it until hulk runs out of fuel. As for the hulk either trolling or poe-ing his own anger against General Ross' army, the hulk's allegiance, intentions and motives are usually questioned. So as long as I'm improvising, the hulk is a Poe as well. Hulk's sense of humor is rarely expressed, and it's hard to tell if hulk's anger is going to be logically useful or just a tantrum.
whosawhat64

Con

I have been reading the hulk comic for over TEN YEARS! The Hulk the the pure representation of rage, the highest level of anger. I think he's just lashing out, not Poe"ing" OR trolling. I know the Hulk. And you jumped from Tony Stark being a Poe to the Hulk.
That does not make sense.
Also, you did nothing to defend yourself against my NASCAR post. So you have just proved that a Poe is the essence of death itself.
Forgive, my rage took over there. Now as this debate ends, I would like to thank you for being such a great opponent. As hard as it was, I believe you did an excellent job of countering my posts. Also, thank you for changing the subject from the original topic, Poe Vs. Troll, to Marvel Comic's, Iron Man and Hulk.
As a final saying...
Poe is not better than a troll. In fact, Poe is a type of troll.
also, children, don't Poe. Just Troll. It will save lives.
Posted by Defro 2 years ago
Defro
I'm sorry. But what's the difference between a Poe and a really good Troll?
Posted by Human_Joke65 2 years ago
Human_Joke65
Your unnecessary trash talk implies something deeper going on there. If you want to prove me wrong, accept the debate and officially troll me.
Posted by Installgentoo 2 years ago
Installgentoo
Human_Joke, you are a moron. Your Poe isn't funny and your mom sucked the sh1t off my dong last night.
Posted by Human_Joke65 2 years ago
Human_Joke65
Poe's Law:

Without a blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of extremism or fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing. - Wikipedia

I guess I 'invented' an agent of the law to suit my goals.
Posted by progressivedem22 2 years ago
progressivedem22
What's a poe? Google won't tell me.