Debate Rounds (5)
People hate it
People blame it
"We need more time"
"Too much time"
Goes too fast
It'll never last
Maybe we should enjoy it, it won't last long
Time, time, blink and it is gone
I know it's not the best poem but comment, see what you think!
For a long time
I thought I would never know love
until I found her,
And my heart became like a dove.
Her hair, oh her hair
Is a beautiful brownish blonde
With it this angel
Just pulls me along
Her eyes, oh her eyes.
A beautiful color Brown
Every time I look into them
They spin me around and around.
Her face, oh her face
As pale as the moon
Every time I see them
It makes me want to swoon.
Her lips, oh her lips
A magnificent red
When I see them
I have happy thoughts in my head
I wish I could tell her
I wish I could
But I am afraid
of the Rejection I can get from her.
I still have hope
With a strong feeling thats for sure.
No matter what,
I love her.
1. This poem does not have a strict rhyme scheme- it rhymes in some places but doesn't in other's.
2. How can you compare your heart to a dove? To me, that does not make sense.
3. Comparing her to an angel can be seen as blasphemous to religious people.
4. Why does "brown" and "rejection" have capitals?
That's all for now, your turn!
First of all your rhyme scheme is good, Until the final stanza.
2nd what was your inspiration, because every poem has to have an inspiration.
3rd. of all I don't see why you added the Tick...tick...tick in there.
It is your turn for this debate
Anyway for the response to my poem:
1. The point in the final stanza is it is not meant to rhyme, so it stands out to the reader as an important point.
2. My inspiration for this poem is that I am fed up with people blaming time for all their problems and, ultimately, that is what the poem is about.
3. It repetitive so the reader can know that there isn't much time left, I don't want to sound cliche but we're only on this Earth once and we need to enjoy as much of it as we can, not wasting time complaining about how there isn't enough time.
What now? Do I still criticize your poem???
1. Could you please tell me why the final stanza is meant to stand out?
2nd off. Why would anyone blame time. Could you give me a ratio of how many people blame time.
3rd. What you said for your 3rd point you could of just easily say YOLO. Anyway, You are not sounding cliche, but you could of have added another stanza saying how we do not have much time left.
So your turn. And anyway like I said You still criticize my poem like it was a debate round.
1. The first thing you picked out that the final stanza does not rhyme, I think that stood out to you unless I am mistaken? The final stanza makes the point that it isn't time's fault and we could be the problem wasting time complaining about it.
2. Are you telling me that you never heard a person say "I want more time"? I would say 20 out of 30 children in my class have said that before.
3. That was the whole point of the poem plus I din't have enough time to complete the poem, do you see what I'm trying to say?
And you're poem:
1. This might be personal but how old are you? I doubt you would have had much experience with love.
2. have you ever seen an angel before? I didn't think so, so how could you compare her to one?
3. I still don't understand the rhyme scheme you said you wanted the first and last sentence of each stanza to rhyme but they don't..
Time is something that always changes ( I.E. Daylight savings time) , so people are bound to complain about it.
I have heard people say that, and I hear some people warning me that time will go by fast. And people are bound to use their own opinion so if they blame time then let them. That is their problem.
Next off I dont see what you are trying to say. sorry.
Then my poem
2nd. I have not seen an angel but with what I gather. Angels are beautiful so That is why I am comparing her to an angel
Well the rhyme scheme is the one thing that sometimes people see confusing because poets have their own taste in rhyme schemes so we might not be able to interpret each others rhyme scheme.
So I cant wait to see what you put for the final round. And good job in this debate
1. Exactly, what my poem is about is that I am tired of people blaming time for their problems and that they should just enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe they don't realize how much time they waste but when they read my poem. they will.
2. Basically the whole poem is about how time is running out and there isn't enough time so the poem is shortened this is also why the final stanza ha three line unlike the others which have four.
Now your poem:
1. It is true that poems have different rhyme schemes but isn't the whole point of a poem to be able to interpret it?
2. How are you so sure angles are beautiful? Also you are only 15, slightly older than Romeo was at the time of finding his "true love" Juliet and what happened to him? In my opinion, you are much too young to know the definition of love, let alone be in it.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: This is subjective and will be based only on the poems and not on the following commentary and critique. The meter and rhyme of Con's poem was excellent and I could actually hear it in my head. Pro's was less refined and did not flow as well. Good luck with the girl.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.