mongeese
mongoose

Pokémon Battle: Kyogre vs. Groudon

mongoose

mongeese

Pro

This will be a one-on-one battle between two legendary Pok�mon. I will use Kyogre, and my opponent will use Groudon. Each turn, we will each choose one attack to use from our respective Pok�mon's movesets. We will each declare all information of our Pok�mon before the battle begins. All information must be compatible with the 5th Generation of Pok�mon's rules, invoking no glitches of any sort. I will post Kyogre's information first, and my opponent shall do the same.

Species: Kyogre
Type: Water
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Modest
Attacks: Ice Beam, Surf, Water Spout, Protect
Held Item: Lum Berry
EV Spread: 4 / 0 / 252 / 252 / 0 / 0
Stats: 342 HP / 212 A / 279 D / 438 SA / 316 SD / 216 S

Rules

1. No use of semantics.

2. Each Pok�mon may only attack; there is no running, switching Pok�mon, or using items from the bag.

3. Both Pok�mon are at Level 100 with maximum IVs, and a Nature and EV spread specified in Round 1.

4. The winner of the debate is whoever's Pok�mon manages to Knock Out the opposing Pok�mon. If neither Pok�mon manages to Knock Out the other Pok�mon in the alloted rounds, the debaters must argue that their Pok�mon will, in the long run, win.

5. If my opponent's Pok�mon is faster, they may start this round with an attack. Otherwise, the fight will begin in Round 2. Both Pok�mon may not have the same speed.

6. In the case of any random events, every possible scenario must be debated. The victor would be whoever wins in the majority of scenarios, weighted by probability. For example, if Groudon were to use Fissure, he would have a 30% chance of victory, but if missing would result in Kyogre having a 100% chance of victory, then Kyogre would have a 70% chance of winning, thus winning the debate. All attacks that deal damage will deal the average amount of damage, although critical hits count as random events.

I ask that any possible confusion regarding the rules be clarified in the Comments before accepting the debate. Good luck!
mongoose

Con

Species: Groudon
Type: Ground
Ability: Drought
Nature: Sassy
Attacks: Bulldoze, Thunderpunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
EV Spread: 102 / 64 / 0 / 0 / 252 / 0
Stats: 389 HP / 352 A / 316 D / 236 SA 306 SD / 194 S

When a battle begins with two Pokemon with weather abilities, the ability of the Pokemon with the lower speed wins. Therefore, it is currently Sunny Day. My Pokemon is slower, so my opponent gets to attack first.
mongeese

Pro

Thank you, mongoose, for accepting this debate.

My opponent's calculations for Groudon's stats are incorrect. With a Base HP of 100, 102 EVs in HP, 31 IVs in HP, and a level of 100, Groudon should have 100 * 2 + 100 + 10 + 102 / 4 + 31 = 366 HP.

Kyogre uses Water Spout!

6.25% chance:
It's a critical hit! It's super effective! Groudon took 506 damage! Groudon's HP dropped to 0! Groudon fainted!

93.75% chance:
It's super effective! Groudon took 252 damage! Groudon's HP dropped to 154!
Groudon used its held Sitrus Berry! Groudon restored 91 HP! Groudon's HP rose to 245!

Your move, mongoose.
mongoose

Con

As I have noted in the comments section, Groudon's HP EV count is actually 192. This is logical, because it fits the stats that were given, and maximizes EV's. Groudon's HP was initially 389.

I have talked with my opponent, and he has agreed that critical hits are negligible enough that we are going to ignore them. The scenario involving no critical hits shall end up having a probability of greater than 50%.

Groudon used Bulldoze! Kyogre took 81 damage! Kyogre's HP dropped to 261! Kyogre's Speed fell!

Due to the decrease in Kyogre's speed, Groudon is now faster. It is my turn again.

Groudon used ThunderPunch! Kyogre took 136 damage! Kyogre's HP dropped to 125!

I shall note that due to the fact that no moves in this battle are based on luck, and nothing in this battle changes after a turn in which nothing happens aside from Kyogre using Protect and Groudon using some other move (aside from a loss of PP), Protect will have no effect in this battle. Any turn during which my opponent uses Protect, I will simply use the same move I was going to use previously: ThunderPunch.
mongeese

Pro

Well, I guess that's it. No matter what Kyogre does, Groudon can KO Kyogre with Thunderpunch or Earthquake. Congrats, mongoose.

What I wouldn't give for an Icy Wind instead of Protect...
mongoose

Con

I still have no idea why you even gave it Protect in the first place. There was no conceivable scenario in which it would be helpful. Your opponent would never use Dig, and Solar Beam would either be so weak due to the rain that you wouldn't even both to Protect against it, or it would be sunny and it would only take one turn anyways.
mongeese

Pro

I don't know. I didn't really see any better moves. I didn't think of Icy Wind until after the debate was accepted, and by then it was too late.
mongoose

Con

Anyways,

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706798214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111745028

There could very easily be typos in there.
Posted by mongeese 2 years ago
mongeese
That's the last time I'm posting my Pokémon completely before my opponent reveals anything.
Posted by mongoose 2 years ago
mongoose
Note: The HP EV's are not 102, they are 192. This should be fairly clear based on what the actual HP stat is, which is what it would be if it had 192 EV's in HP.
Posted by Guitar_Guru 2 years ago
Guitar_Guru
Kyogre always wins.. Kyogre is water and Groudon is Ground. Its a pretty difficult win for Groudon.
Posted by MasterKage 2 years ago
MasterKage
Wow. We were actually discussing this on a different browser based game, which I will not name, as it may be considered advertising.
Vote Placed by Yep 2 years ago
Yep
mongeesemongooseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Nice refutation of Protect Con, You made Pro concede and therefore are the champion. Conduct to Pro for admitting defeat however.
Vote Placed by Multi_Pyrocytophage 2 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
mongeesemongooseTied
Reasons for voting decision: That was a pretty skillful win on Con's part, and he won, giving him the convincing arguments.
Vote Placed by Maikuru 2 years ago
Maikuru
mongeesemongooseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Clever win by mongoose. Might I suggest mew vs. mewtwo next time?
Vote Placed by Hardcore.Pwnography 2 years ago
Hardcore.Pwnography
mongeesemongooseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.