Kayle_dreamer
Dialogue_Duelist

Pokemon cards

Started: 5/25/2016 Category: Games

Kayle_dreamer

Pro

Pokemon is a great card game kids can play rather than always being on their phones and electronics. I think pokemon cards are a great way to teach children how to play a fun card game and get them started on learning and obeying rules.
Dialogue_Duelist

Con

I gladly accept this debate and wish my opponent good luck.

Since pro has not defined the moot I will provide definitions.

Pokemon: A trademark for a series of Japanese pocket creatures seen in video games, card games, toys, movies and television shows.

Cards: Sets of thin pieces of cardboard with spots, figures, etc., used in playing various games; playing card.

Since pro has also failed to define any specific topic other than "Pokemon cards" I will be giving reasons why children* should not be play Pokemon cards. Now after researching the main plot(s) of Pokemon it is clear that Pokemon contains themes that involve the capture of animals and forcing them to fight for the owners benefit. These are not themes that should be encouraged in our youth. These themes are not suited for children as they may not be able to comprehend the difference to playing these card games and the real world. A world where it is against the law to subject animals to fighting in an arena. If you would not let your child run dog fights why would you allow them to play Pokemon?

Now I will begin my rebuttal. Pro has said "Pokemon is a great card game" I would like to point out that this is of course their own subjective opinion, not a fact. They also claim that "kids can play rather than always being on their phones and electronics" now I like to point out that there is a online website[1] for Pokemon trading cards that entices people to play online, and so Pokemon trading cards are not as effective at stopping kids from going on their devices as pro would have you believe. Since pro has failed to produce any other evidence to suggest that Pokemon is beneficial then there is no reason that children should play it.

*Children: People under the age of 13.

Please note:
1. "Pokemon" is not the correct spelling of the word as technically it require an accent over the "e" however I am unable to (And I assume my opponent is unable to) insert the accent as it changes into Pok"mon.
2. The only reason I have put my rebuttal after my point was because I felt the need to provide a moot and that the rebuttal would not make sense without it.

[1] http://www.pokemon.com...
Kayle_dreamer

Pro

Kayle_dreamer forfeited this round.
Dialogue_Duelist

Con

Dialogue_Duelist forfeited this round.
Kayle_dreamer

Pro

Kayle_dreamer forfeited this round.
Dialogue_Duelist

Con

Dialogue_Duelist forfeited this round.