PiercedPanda
Samson1228

Pokemon in real life would be bad.

Started: 2/5/2014 Category: Games

PiercedPanda

Pro

In this debate, I will explain how pokemon would be terrible in real life. I love pokemon, but if they were real, and we lived in that society, it would be bad. Con must explain why pokemon in real life would be good.
Samson1228

Con

And im guessing i will be showing my argument of how the pros of real life pokemon would outweigh the cons.
PiercedPanda

Pro

I thank con for accepting this debate. And to answer his question, basically, yes. So let us begin.

So what is Pok"mon? If we search up the definition of oxford, we realise that it is simply the definition of the franchise, but not the world. [1] So, we will have to create our own definition. So we all most likely know what Pok"mon is. Pok"mon are powerful creatures that are either wild, or trained. They are capable of battling, with a variety of moves, and types. Pok"mon are seen from loyal fighting companions, to research victims, to family pets. And in this world full of Pok"mon, 10 year old children go on adventures after spending time in Pok"mon school. Now though we may all find these monsters awesome, it would terrible to live in the world with them. For this debate, let us assume we were in the Pok"mon world, and we will explain why this would be a good or bad thing. And as you can tell, even though I love Pok"mon, I am going against this possibility. For this round, I will explain 3 main points on why being in the Pok"mon world would be terrible.

1. Irresponsible/uneducated children going around the world.
2. Criminal organizations
3. Economy

So as we all know, at the age of 10, in the world of Pok"mon, children choose their Pok"mon and go on adventures alone. And before this, they went to Pok"mon school. Now in Pok"mon school, the education is much different from ours. In Pok"mon school, you learn about nothing but Pok"mon. [2] You learn about type effectiveness, how to train your Pok"mon, how to evolve and catch Pok"mon etc... But you don't learn about how to live in this world full of dangerous Pok"mon. You don't learn about where to go, what to do. This would render the children uneducated, leading to dangerous possibilities. These children are now irresponsible, and to make things worst, you gave an crazy strong evil fire lizard to him! They can burn down a city if they aren't careful. This brings me into my next topic, criminal organizations.

In this world of Pok"mon, there are also many villains, evil organizations who are trying to take over the universe, like team galactic. [3] Since children don't know what to do on their journey, there is a possibility they will become part of these gangs. So in living in this world, criminal organizations would become powerful, and capable of controlling things. Especially with evil beasts by their side. This would make things much easier, because now they have dragons and turtles with cannons on their side.

And now economy. In the world of Pok"mon, there are many different ones. Now we have Machamp for example. He has 4 arms, and is extremely strong. Why have 5 humans do construction work while you can have a Machamp and 1 human to do it? With powerful Pok"mon, there is no need for humans, and Pok"mon don't take money. Why have a stove when you can have a fire type Pok"mon to cook? This would also remove the amount of mechanics, ruining the economy even more. Why have a car when you can ride a Rapidash? This would ruin the economy a lot. So basically, many people would have no jobs, making them hungry, and then joining a criminal organization.

And the most important thing that I would like to add on, is that your in a world of dangerous creatures! Not everyone has a Pok"mon, so what happens if you run into a ursaring and 30 pidgeys in the forest?

In conclusion, living in the Pok"mon world would not only be bad, but dangerous.

sources:
1.http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
2.http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
3.http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
Samson1228

Con

I will be touching on the three points you have brought up but i will be going backwards.

Let us start with economy. You touch up on how we wouldn't need humans if we had Pokemon right? You say with Pokemon jobs will not be needed. Well Pokemon don't just jump in your pocket and them be your eternity life friend. You need many different types of Pokemon, You need the scientists that create them, Test them, And make them stable. And what about the Pokemon schools? We need people to teach trainers to handle Pokemon, Trust them, Use them in the right situation. And seeing that the world of Pokemon if centered around...Well, Pokemon, You will need lots of those people. And you said without jobs we would have no money meaning no food right? Well have you ever tried fishing in Pokemon or watched the anime? Its no suprise to find out that people in Pokemon eat them Pokemon around them. In many different episodes of the anime you can clearly see people eating magicarps. Go fishing for a magicarp and then make your charizard fry it up, Thats dinner! I doubt there would be any way to go hungry.

Crime. Now your saying gangs like in Pokemon are going to be using Pokemon to cause harm with these Pokemon on their sides? Now these are random gangs on the street. If gang leaders can have a giant turtle on their sides think about our law enforcement? We would have army's of men and Pokemon trained to fight any bad. Including gangs and people trying to cause harm.

Irresponsible kids, Your saying the kids would have no education of anything besides Pokemon because of them only going to schools for Pokemon. Well we are not talking about our people jumping into their world, We are taking the Pokemon to our world. So just because Pokemon are here it does not mean our normal schools would go away. Meaning people still get their education. Also, If people are going to school for Pokemon they are going to need to know its a hard thing to handle and they could cause harm, That is why in the Pokemon world not everyone you see is a trainer with a Pokemon. They are not going to straight up give you a Pokemon. With these factors in place i doubt someone will start burning down a city because if the people in the Pokemon world even had a slight thought they were a bad kid, They would not even have a chance at getting a Pokemon.
PiercedPanda

Pro

I see your points of view, however you have only shown rebuttals. You have not explained how living in the world of pokemon would be a good thing. Because of such, I have won that round.

Rebuttals:

"Well Pokemon don't just jump in your pocket and them be your eternity life friend. You need many different types of Pokemon, You need the scientists that create them, Test them, And make them stable."

You don't put capital letters after a comma. Anyway, you would not need scientist to create them, if you read properly, this would be if we went into the world of pokemon, not if the world of pokemon and our world fused. So in the world of pokemon, the only pokemon you would create would be mewtwo. :D And in the anime, technically, pokemon only die if they are killed. Also, as you may have noticed, the fossils can be revived, and this only takes 1 scientist. You wouldn't have plenty of scientist, so there would be no open jobs available.

And what about the Pokemon schools? We need people to teach trainers to handle Pokemon, Trust them, Use them in the right situation.

(Once again, no capital letters after a comma) But we don't teach them how to interact. If a man walks up to them, and gives them drugs, they would probably take them, because in pokemon school, you only learn about pokemon, not about what to do when you go on your journey.

"And seeing that the world of Pokemon if centered around...Well, Pokemon, You will need lots of those people."

If you look properly, you will notice that the population of the pokemon world is very small.

"And you said without jobs we would have no money meaning no food right? Well have you ever tried fishing in Pokemon or watched the anime? Its no suprise to find out that people in Pokemon eat them Pokemon around them. In many different episodes of the anime you can clearly see people eating magicarps. Go fishing for a magicarp and then make your charizard fry it up, Thats dinner! I doubt there would be any way to go hungry."

If you watched pokemon properly, you would notice parts where you see real animals, like fish. There is no episodes where they eat magikarp, and even if there was, with no jobs, people couldn't afford fishing rods. And the only way to get it free is if you beat a guy in a pokemon battle. But how will you have a pokemon battle if you don't have any pokemon? The reason why you don't have any pokemon is because you don't have a job, and pokeballs cost 200$!

"Now these are random gangs on the street. If gang leaders can have a giant turtle on their sides think about our law enforcement? We would have army's of men and Pokemon trained to fight any bad. Including gangs and people trying to cause harm."

But these organizations have scientific weapons Furthermore, they are capable of capturing extremely powerful pokemon. And as we may know, officer jenny is the strongest law enforcer, but what pokemon does she have? A growlithe. [1] I'm pretty sure a police squad with plenty of growlithes wouldn't stand a chance against an army of salamance. Also, the pokemon world has no armies.

"Irresponsible kids, Your saying the kids would have no education of anything besides Pokemon because of them only going to schools for Pokemon. Well we are not talking about our people jumping into their world, We are taking the Pokemon to our world. So just because Pokemon are here it does not mean our normal schools would go away. Meaning people still get their education."

Once again, I am speaking about if we were in the pokemon world. There are no normal schools there, only pokemon schools.

" They are not going to straight up give you a Pokemon. "

Actually they are. In the manga, Red goes to professor oak, and after he gets all the pokemon back, professor oak gives him a pokemon. Red lived in a small town with no pokemon schools, yet he still randomly got a pokemon. Same for when he caught yellow a pokemon. He just gave it to her straight up.

Arguments:

Now for this round, I will explain 1 more point:

Dangerous Pokemon.

Now you may of thought I have said this before, and I have. But some pokemon are just terrible. For example, Magcargo's pokedex entry is ""Magcargo's body temperature is approximately 18,000 degrees F. Water is vaporized on contact. If this Pok"mon is caught in the rain, the raindrops instantly turn into steam, cloaking the area in a thick fog." This would pretty much burn the entire earth unless it was killed.

So now voters, notice how I have stated my points, and addressed all of pro's rebuttals. I have also explained my points of view on why it would be bad, pro did not mention anything on why it would be good.

Source:
1. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
Samson1228

Con

Samson1228 forfeited this round.
PiercedPanda

Pro

Well this is a bother. Arguments extended.
Samson1228

Con

Samson1228 forfeited this round.
PiercedPanda

Pro

In conclusion, Pokemon in real life would be terrible. My opponent has forfeited, which should give me a win.

VOTE PRO.
Samson1228

Con

Samson1228 forfeited this round.
Posted by PiercedPanda 3 years ago
PiercedPanda
Hahaha true! lol
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
In that it would be animals killing each other for the sport of humans. Modern gladiators.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Absolutely. I'm so glad they're cartoons, because that would be awful if they were real