Pokemon is a useless game.
Debate Rounds (3)
Pokemon games, referring to any of the Pokemon games, are not useless because they are wildly popular games in which many people of all ages have instantaneously become hooked and spent hours upon hours fulfilling their call to "catch 'em all" and defeat all the gym leaders and finally the Elite Four, in addition to some group of evil people bent on doing some kind of a$$hole move.
Other Reasons Pokemon is Not Useless:
1. Can be sold for money, therefore making the economy spin round and round.
2. Can be thrown at people, therefore making them weapons.
3. You can play multiplayer with your friends, therefore making pokemon a social game.
4. Fuels conversation for every nerd on this planet, alowing further socialization.
5. Gives bragging rights for those who have caught Legendary Pokemon, or have done other notable things.
6. Sets up websites upon websites of Pokemon fans, fueling Pokemon discussion, creating even further socialization among people.
7. Allows debate topics such as this to exist, where I can accept this debate so I can get an easy noob-snipe in.
8. You can hit them with a hammer to just let your anger out.
As you can see, Pokemon games can be used for a plethora of things, therefore making them "not useless."
Anyways, your argument contradicts itself. You claim that nobody likes Pokemon (which could be an argument, if not a very unsupported argument for Pokemon's uselessness, but then claim that noobs with no life like Pokemon, therefore giving Pokemon a use.)
Let's face it, you lost this debate before it even began with your own opening argument.
NOW WHO IS THE NOOB NOW!
Good day sir.
Corm_on_the_Cob forfeited this round.
1. Pokemon can only say there own names. This is stupid because if you can say your name, you could say other things. Also, they make a whole language out of their names? Fox! Fox Mccloud! cloud!! Mccloud! (Fox Mccloud Pokemonese: That is stupidly retarded!!!!!)
2. Pikachu is clasified as a mouse pokemon. Mice do not exist in the series, so how could Pikachu be a mouse pokemon?
3. How do you shrink Pokemon into those little balls? If you shrank Onyx (last I checked he was the bigest, at 25 feet) into a tennisball and expect it to live? Once inside, how does it eat, drink, breath, and go to the bathroom...
4. A "trainer" walks by and sees a pokemon. He calls out one of hes pokemon, Kicks the Pokemon's butt, and then the Pokemon is loyal to him?? Yeah right!
5. Everything is about Pokemon in their world. They are on signs, pop culture, and even more popular than the real world, and noone ever gets annoyed?
6. Many say Pokemon teaches not to fight, but it is just like cockfighing. Only, unlike of cockfighting, the Pokemon are shooting fire, and tearing eachother apart. If a pokemon :nuke: s another Pokemon, It doesn't die?
7. There are no difference's in Pokemon gender, it is just he and he, or it and it. That means they have to be gay to reproduce. :eek:
8. Evolution takes thousands of years for anything to happen, not 2 seconds. It doesn't even happen in a flashy light thing, and some need a rock to evolve?
9. Team rocket. They lose every time, and it has gotten soooo annoying. I wish they would just win and get it over with. In real life they would've taken Pikachu by now
That's about all a can think of right now.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||1|
Reasons for voting decision: I think that both opponents had decent arguments, but no rebuttals and as such the debate was tied with arguments. Also only one argument was offered each and there were three rounds. Conduct points go to Con for not forfeiting a round. I will not awarded sources points as free dictionary was used in a way to try score source points and was not reference correctly. Good luck next time Pro, and well done Con.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.