Rarity2275
bsh1

Pokemon is better than Star Wars

bsh1
Started: 10/16/2015 Category: Games

Rarity2275

Pro

Pokemon is way better than starwars
bsh1

Con

I will assume, per standard DDO conventions, that round one is for acceptance. As my opponent continually challenges me on random topics, I am accepting to finally get this over with, and I look forward to having a discussion of the topic.
Rarity2275

Pro

Rarity2275 forfeited this round.
bsh1

Con

Forfeit. With only one round left, there isn't much space left to debate. Please vote Con.
Rarity2275

Pro

Pokemon is way better than starwars. I think that pokemon is better than Star wars because they are very similar, but, Pokemon has way better graphics, better characters, and better music.
bsh1

Con

Pro uses music, graphics, and characters to attempt to differentiate Pokemon from Star Wars. Nowhere does Pro actually explain why Pokemon is superior in these areas, however, so the arguments as they stand are baseless assertions. I will endeavor to show that Star Wars is superior in each of these areas, and to at least provide some justification as to why it is superior.

In regards to music, John William's scores have won an accumulated Oscar, 2 BAFTAs, Golden Globe, Saturn Award, and 5 Grammy's, not including mere nominations. The American Film Institute described the music as the "most memorable film score of all time," and, indeed, most people can at least hum the opening notes of the Imperial March or one of the many other works comprising the total score. [https://en.wikipedia.org...] Given the critical accolades that Star Wars has received, and the ubiquitousness of it's music, there is every reason to believe that Star War's score is an excellent one. I'll include a soundtrack for you to listen to as well. Similarly, in a 25 minute search on Google, I could find no evidence that Pokemon has won a Tony, Oscar, Grammy, Golden Globe, or BAFTA for it's music. Pokemon is well-known, but it seems to receive fewer critical accolades for its music than Star Wars, putting Star Wars ahead.

Pokemon's graphics are unrealistic and cartoonish. See the first embedded video for evidence of the realistic nature of Star War's animation, and the complexity of it.

Finally, as for characters, Star Wars trumps here too. Pokemon's characters lack much depth or dimension. Even characters who straddle the good-bad line do not have their internal conflicts treated in a serious, credible way, but rather in a humorous fashion. With Darth Vader, on the other hand, there is an earnest exploration of his character's conflicting emotions.

Thanks! Please, Vote Con!
Posted by ValosaBirdy 1 year ago
ValosaBirdy
This debate really should be done! I love both and would really like to see a re-due with a new opponent.
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
And you post this 2 months after I stopped replying?
Posted by Rockozer 1 year ago
Rockozer
Stop replying to this obvious troll account
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
The site does not allow you to vote on your own debates.
Posted by Rarity2275 1 year ago
Rarity2275
I can't cast my vote
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
I don't think I am going to lose, and the reason I excepted was because it was clear you were not going to accept "I am not interested in the topics you're interested in" as an answer.
Posted by Rarity2275 1 year ago
Rarity2275
I am soo mad at you. you only accepted to get it over with me challenging you. I know why, you think your going to lose
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
You have 14 hours to post.
Posted by Rarity2275 1 year ago
Rarity2275
I did
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
Make it so each round is 2000 characters and I'll accept.
Vote Placed by logical-master123 1 year ago
logical-master123
Rarity2275bsh1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by TheProphett 1 year ago
TheProphett
Rarity2275bsh1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's forfeiture is why I gave Con the conduct points. In going over all arguments, I found that Pro's arguments lacked a structure and a general alibi; it did not seem like there was a point trying to be proven, within the resolutional bindings.
Vote Placed by Philocat 1 year ago
Philocat
Rarity2275bsh1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Firstly, Pro forfeited a round and therefore displayed poorer conduct. Secondly, Pro's only arguments are unsourced and subjective. Con, on the other hand, actually evidences his arguments by providing videos of the respective graphics as well as highlighting the awards won by Star Wars for the quality of its music. Overall, Con's arguments were far more detailed, included sources where possible, and were clearly explained. I cannot say any of this when it comes to Pro's arguments though.