YvelGarde
destincow

Pokemon is not a children's game

YvelGarde
Started: 5/16/2014 Category: Games

YvelGarde

Pro

1st time debater, so bear with me.
Here are the guidelines.
1. Round 1, acceptance
2. No elements from the Anime or Manga, just the video games.
3. Not arguing if Pok"mon is made for children, just if it is only for children.
4. No game reviews and not just talking about one game, talking about the video game series (spin-off's included) as a whole.
5. Try not to include future releases, or games that were released after the start of this debate unless absolutely neccissary.

Good luck to my opponent, and try to have fun.
destincow

Con

pokemon is a child game
YvelGarde

Pro

No it is not, due to a number of facts.
1. E.V. Training. When you try to play any sort of Player vs. Player matches in Pokemon, you have to raise you Pokemon properly or you will almost always be beaten by a better opponent who knows the mechanics. Even though Pokemon X and Pokemon Y made this much easier with Super Training, there is still a lot of research to be done according to what kind of team you are trying to build. And in order to maximize your Pokemon's usefulness in battle, you have to E.V. Train it accordingly.
2. I.V. Breeding. This is a matter mixed between knowledge and patience. The knowledge part involving knowing egg groups between 615 breed-able Pokemon. Then you had to calculate which I.V.'s were maxed out and which still needed to be bred into the next Pokemon (this is prior to Gen VI).
3. Training and level grinding. In order to give a Pokemon the best chance of winning besides training and breeding is to actually train them up to the desired level. Usually level 100 for practical purposes. This ensures that any moves that aren't learned through Breeding or T.M.'s/H.M.'s through level up are learnt and if the Pokemon has any hope of survival against other players, you need to know what your stats will be at said level so you can decide what is the best strategy to cover said weaknesses.
destincow

Con

pokemon is a childs game
YvelGarde

Pro

... "That's all I've got to say about that."
-Forrest Gump
destincow

Con

I'm sorry i was jking i like Pokemon too i play the card game sometimes with a friend i think Pokemon is cool
YvelGarde

Pro

I just wish that everyone could share the same sentiments as us, but not everyone thinks the same way and there's nothing I can do about it.
destincow

Con

destincow forfeited this round.
Posted by YvelGarde 3 years ago
YvelGarde
How so HokageXShampoo?
Posted by DylanLang 3 years ago
DylanLang
Didn't know that was possible, ill try.
Posted by HokageXShampoo 3 years ago
HokageXShampoo
Pokemon is a very childish game
Posted by YvelGarde 3 years ago
YvelGarde
They're all for GameBoy, GameBoy Advanced, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS lines. Pokemon is a Nintendo/GameFreak trademark. Why don't you try an emulator on your computer or phone?
Posted by DylanLang 3 years ago
DylanLang
Idk, i would have the games but i can't find any for psp or ps3
Posted by YvelGarde 3 years ago
YvelGarde
Funny thing is, I have almost all of the Pokemon main-series games excluding Pokemon Silver, Crystal, and Sapphire :'( And do either of you know where Teemo went to because I wanted to see what he thought of my last comment before his mysterious disappearance.
Posted by YvelGarde 3 years ago
YvelGarde
Posted by DylanLang 3 years ago
DylanLang
lol its cool bro, we all ramble from time to time.
Posted by destincow 3 years ago
destincow
im jking pokemon is a fun game I played it with my friends in 6th grade so yeah vote for yvelgarde
Posted by YvelGarde 3 years ago
YvelGarde
OK, I was just wondering. I also am still into Pokemon, I'm just into the Video Games though. But I'm starting to get into the card game a bit more. The only reason that i made this debate in the first place was because when I made this account, the first thing that came to mind is what I'm always hearing from the people around me and have had the urge to debate it with another logical person. Not just some thickheaded, one-track minded person who is trying to fit in with the "cool crowd" not realizing the inner function of many games like Pokemon.

P.S. sorry about the rambling. Once I start on my ramblings, it's hard for me to stop.
Vote Placed by baus 2 years ago
baus
YvelGardedestincowTied
Reasons for voting decision: S&G because of not capitalizing 'I' and stating 'J.K.' as 'jk' as well as numerous other errors on Con's part. Conduct for the forfeit and arguments for Con not rebutting Pro but Pro rebutting Con.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
YvelGardedestincowTied
Reasons for voting decision: I really don't like the bait-and-switch Pro performed in the opening round. "Pokemon is not a children's game" is the title, yet Pro tried to change it to "Pokemon is only for children". Tsk tsk. Con never rebutted any of Pro's points. Arugments to Pro. No conduct awarded due to Pro's dodgy behaviour and Con's forfeit,