ValosaBirdy
breakingamber

Pokemon one round debate

ValosaBirdy
Started: 11/12/2015 Category: Games

ValosaBirdy

Pro

BOP is shared
You have 48 hours to write your argument after you accept
Rules:
- Any rebuttals given by my opponent will result in an automatic Forfeit.
- You must argue why your chosen Pokemon is your favorite, not why it could beat mine or other
Pokemon.
- In your first few sentences you must say In all uppercase letters who your favorite Pokemon is.
- You need to have at least 1 photo or link to a photo.
- Sources are required .
- Failure to follow or breaking any of rules will result in a forfeit.
Judging:
- Judge by who made a better case.
- DO NOT JUDGE BY WHICH ONE IS STRONGER!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arguments:
My favorite Pokemon is PIPLUP.
Piplup is a water type Pokemon, basic, and Generation four.
http://www.debate.org.........

1. Piplup is one of the strongest swimmers
2. Piplup has tons of Self-Pride
3. Piplup is Cute
4. He is adapted to where he lives

1. Piplup is a penguin. Therefore Piplup is a strong swimmer. He is able to dive for 10 minutes at a time to hunt for food. When he evolves into empoleon his fins become so sharp that he can cut through 10 feet of ice with his flippers. Empoleon is one of the fastest swimmers but he is not the fastest. (golduck is)

2. Piplup is very proud of him/herself. He can't walk very well but when he falls, his self pride is't hurt. In fact he will even puff out his chest. He refuses food from humans because of his pride. His pride has it's flaws, but it's really handy in a battle. It means he will never give up.

3. Piplup look is very cute and unique. Just look at the pictures (I would add links but the take up like 2,000 characters) (Just look up "piplup" in google and look at the images)

4. Survival of the fittest. Piplup is adapted to survive in arctic waters. He lives in very cold areas where there's less of a struggle for food.

Conclusion:
Piplup is my favorite pokemon

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com.........

Pokemon Trading card game

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com.........(Pok%25C3%25A9mon)+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
breakingamber

Con

I'm fine with those terms. Game on!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My favorite Pokemon is DIALGA.
Dialga is a steel-dragon type pokemon, basic, legendary, and also Generation IV.
If you want to see a picture, copy and paste the link below into your browser.
bit.ly/dialgapower

1. Dialga is a legendary Pokemon
2. Dialga has control over time to some degree
3. Dialga looks awesome

1. Dialga is a legendary Pokemon because there only is one in any given Pokemon game, unless you trade for a lot of Dialga, or cheat. Anyway, legendary Pokemon are more powerful than normal Pokemon you catch in the tall grass or whatever.
2. In the anime, the manga, and the games, Dialga has power over time. It can slow down time for its enemies, speed up time for itself and its allies and even stop time to crush everything it wants. OP! Also, Dialga is the only Pokemon with the move Roar of Time, and this move is really OP, being the second-most powerful Dragon type move.
3. Just look at it. It may not be cute like Piplup, but it makes up for it by looking amazingly awesome.
Posted by TheCoderKid2345 11 months ago
TheCoderKid2345
Glacion And Sylveon Is My Fave :D
Posted by breakingamber 1 year ago
breakingamber
There is a manga named Pokemon diamond.
Anyway, I wasn't referencing the game Pokemon Diamond, I was referencing generation IV of Pokemon.
Posted by ValosaBirdy 1 year ago
ValosaBirdy
You also quoted the manga
Posted by breakingamber 1 year ago
breakingamber
I learned all this from Pokemon Diamond
Posted by ValosaBirdy 1 year ago
ValosaBirdy
Where were your sorces. The rules required them
Posted by breakingamber 1 year ago
breakingamber
Me no care vote for me.
Posted by NikolaGustav 1 year ago
NikolaGustav
Dragonite is my fave :)
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 1 year ago
9spaceking
ValosaBirdybreakingamberTied
Reasons for voting decision: con didn't even have any sources to back up his weak assertions that seemed so opinionated [he doesn't explain exactly why the time-slowing power makes Dialga so much better]
Vote Placed by Cobalt 1 year ago
Cobalt
ValosaBirdybreakingamberTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm giving this to Pro on the basis that Con broke the rules by not posting sources (Conduct Point/Sources Point). The winner of the debate is the one who made a better case for why their Pokemon was their favorite. Pro's argument felt more human to me, all in all. He mentioned great qualities, such as self-confidence and adaptability. Con only really pointed out that Dialga is extremely powerful, which didn't feel particularly human and relatable to me. I felt as if I knew more about Pro because of his argument. Regarding appearance, this is a wash. Piplup is adorable, Dialga is epic. On balance, I believe Pro made the most convincing case.