Astrolectric
KozWanderer

Pole dance/fitness should be considered as valid as any other sport.

Started: 10/28/2013 Category: Sports

Astrolectric

Pro

Before we begin I'd like to clarify:

When I say considered valid, I mean that it is viewed by society as a neutral entity (like any other sport) and should be acceptable for anyone to participate, at any age.

Because I know some people might be confused: when I refer to pole dance I am not referring to stripping/lapdancing/any other sort of erotic dance. Pole dance took off in the last decade as a competitive sport complete with it's own champions, international competitions, and rules and regulations (though they are not yet completely centralized). It combines gymnastics and dance while using the pole. It originated with strippers who experimented with the pole in their free time and began teaching pole dance in classes outside the club. From there it quickly spread and began to disassociate with it's origins.

If you would like to see some examples of high level competitors so you can be more informed I suggest doing a youtube search of Sergia Louis Anderson, Anastasia Skukhtorova, or Jenyne Butterfly.

First round is for acceptance only.

Good luck!
KozWanderer

Con

I dont hate pole dancing nor disgree with you completely but according from the title, making pole dancingmotion as nomal as any other sport is uncomfortable.
Pole dancing originally came from strip clubs giving most (probably) teenagers a "wtf" kind of thing and as for younglings. The style of the dance is not suitable because of exposure of body parts in the act which most people would reconize unless if they just don't get it. Im saying this because of the title "considered as valid as any other sport." would be valid in the very future but at this time no. It is an awkward thing to watch boy/girl pole dancing and doing long stretches associationg with sexuall movements. The most suitable view would be for late teens and older because of the act. Pole dancing as a sport would (probably) have a bunch of males shouting "yeah!' at first since it came from strip clubs.

Please dont think of me as those wifes saying that bikini car washes are not appropiate for kids or something.

Astrolectric

Pro

Astrolectric forfeited this round.
KozWanderer

Con

its boring .
Astrolectric

Pro

Astrolectric forfeited this round.
KozWanderer

Con

KozWanderer forfeited this round.
Astrolectric

Pro

Astrolectric forfeited this round.
KozWanderer

Con

KozWanderer forfeited this round.
Posted by KozWanderer 3 years ago
KozWanderer
Anime YEAR; 2100; Girl protagonist in high school, rumours of protagonist doing pole dancing as sport, training montage, wins competition of pole sport, goes into world league, more passion n stuff " I must win", friends come in at this stage, she wins and end or season. LOL what?
Posted by Astrolectric 3 years ago
Astrolectric
I have come across plenty of people, unfortunately, who completely disagree :/
Posted by xatoo 3 years ago
xatoo
I see no reason why it shouldn't be seen as a legitimate sport and accepted socially as such.
Posted by Sitara 3 years ago
Sitara
Get low, shawty!
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham