shereef100
imabench

Politicans at the national level are not corrupt

imabench

shereef100

Pro

Politicians at the national level are not corrupt for three reasons. First, they need to get recognized by the public, so they need receive money. In order for that to happen they need get money from sources that seem corrupt. Second, politicians seem to demonstrate they are basis because they only represent one form of group; for instance, special interest groups. Third reason politicians at the national are not corrupt is because they only responds to what the public likes to hear. In a way forcing the politicians to say or promise things they know will not come forth, but do it to get elected.
imabench

Con

I accept this debate and will argue that politicians at the national level are corrupt people

Other than that

shereef100

Pro

shereef100 forfeited this round.
imabench

Con

The time limit is 60 minutes and rather than stay up til 6AM to win a debate that my opponent is just going to FF every round, I will simply provide evidence showing that politicians are indeed corrupt and allow the Pro to explain why this isnt corruption

http://www.dailyorgan.com...
^
Exhibit A, this is a bill that is in Congress that would ban political insider trading. That is defined as insider knowledge that can be exploited unfairly for ones own personal gain and is acquired because of access in politics over matters. Example of political insider trading would be an agreed bailout of a bank and then a senator buying a sh*tload of stock in that bank knowing the bailout is going to pump billions into it.

http://www.moneytrendsresearch.com...
^
Exhibit B, the bill passing through the House of Representatives by a vote of 417-2..... What kind of politician would not vote for a bill that would illegalize political insider trading? Probably congressmen guilty of political insider trading, aka corrupt politicians....

http://www.usrevolution.org...
^
Exhibit C, Document showing some of the other blatant acts of politicians over the years, Im already running out of time though so I cannot waste time to note some of the actual acts

http://www.capveterans.com...
^
Exhibit D, 10 famous and very clear acts of corruption committed by congressmen such as Hillary Clinton, Rudy Guliani, Mike Huckabee, Barack Obama, and Harry Reid, many of those people tried to run for the presidency of the US. 1 Succeeded, others still hold powerful positions in government.

http://www.google.com...
^
Exhibit E, feel free to look up any kind of Congressman sex scandal that has ever occurred, you will find some in no time. Some of those people include Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer, Bill Clinton, Larry Craig, Thomas Jefferson, and Warren Harding who actually fathered a secret child.

I rest my case that Politicians can indeed be corrupt at the national level, I now would like to apologize for FF the next few rounds since the time limit between rounds is only an hour.

I thank the Pro for a fun debate nonetheless and I thank the voters for reading.
shereef100

Pro

shereef100 forfeited this round.
imabench

Con

I extend my arguments since im still awake for some weird reason....
shereef100

Pro

shereef100 forfeited this round.
imabench

Con

imabench forfeited this round.
shereef100

Pro

shereef100 forfeited this round.
imabench

Con

imabench forfeited this round.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
1 hour between arguments??? f*ck me im gonna be up all night making sure i dont FF a round

-______________________________________________________________-
Posted by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
no such thing as a corrupt politician ehhh?
Posted by Yep 4 years ago
Yep
Ican't accept or else i would :(
Posted by arshrahi 4 years ago
arshrahi
How you can say,i will never agree with you. because at present situation no one politician is right every one want money, back-mailing, and self-determination in the method to achieve its moral perfection. due to politician no constitution is absolutely right ,they are mostly illegal immigrate.
most of the innovation is going through in political process. it is barrier in innovation .innovate minority cant succeed in democratic condition.only political leader play main role in the corruption.
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
I wanna accept but cant!!!
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Doulos1202
I honestly cant tell if your Pro or Con.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Easy win for the Con.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
shereef100imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Rebutted all of Pro's arguments. Had sources.