Rockylightning
Livebriand

Politicial Roleplay (Sarah Palin)

Rockylightning

Rockylightning

Pro

For this debate my opponent and I will be role playing as two politicians. I am Sarah Palin and he is I assume...Barack Obama.

The setting is the presidential debates 2012. Voters please judge on who is the best actor.

"Hello fello Americans! How are we all doing today? Okeey now I would like to start this speech with a shoutout to all Mamma grizzly women across these grand 50 states. Get up and cheer mamma grizzlys! Now on a more relevant note...Mr. Obama is at it again, he's killing our children and digging a deeper hole for our future. It's time to tell Mr. Obama to stop his radical muslim PLOT, and its time to elect a REAL leader to the presidency! We all know Barack HUSSAIN Obama is a muslim atheist homosexual, but what has he done this time? **Looks at notes written on hand** He is PROPOSING a plan to STOP natural gas drilling in Up State NY . Is Mr Obama crazy? There is so much CLEAN natrual gas up there it's like mother nature is farting! Drinking water is completely safe, we have seen fantastic results from the other gas drilling operations across the country!

Now I turn the microphone to Mister Obama.
Livebriand

Con

OK so here it is. Obama knows what being in a tough position can be like. He grew up in a diverse enviornment, and his family had little. Sarah Palin is rich, white, and doesn't know what it is like for the middle class working americans. Palin has a limited view. She is into shooting and no gun control, and doesn't have any idea how to work the government correctly. She really made John McCain look bad, possibly worsening his chances of becoming president (McCain himself actually wasn't too bad). Few would vote for her. If she runs and wins president in 2012 then we are really in trouble. What has my opponent got to say for himself?
Rockylightning

Pro

"Obama knows what being in a tough position can be like."

I shoot wolves. how is that not a tough position.

"He grew up in a diverse enviornment, and his family had little."

Diverse meaning gangs and drug deals.
My family (the palin family) only had 4 cars.

"She is into shooting and no gun control"
I love shootin wolves. Gun control is for wimps. You don't wannna shoot a gun fine! When some burgular comes in your house and eats your babies dont come crying to me.

"doesn't have any idea how to work the government correctly"
I was the governor of Alaska and a mom. Mothers always know what's right for their kids.

"McCain himself actually wasn't too bad"
True dat.

Please read the rules. You were supposed to be obama. Not argue for him. Please speak in the next round as if you were him.
Livebriand

Con

Being in a tough situtation: I mean financially. My parents couldn't afford much for me. I didn't have both my mom and da.
By diverse I mean black and white. That's realitively unusual. That doesn't mean drug deals.
4 cars is more than enough, most families only have a "mere" 2. You simply don't need that many. All your gas wasting isn't good. Also, you love oil drilling. Don't you know what global warming is? That's a serious issue! Drilling for oil with no respect isn't good. We're killing tons of animals with global warming already! This is causing permenant damage that takes 1000s of years to fix, even if we stop RIGHT NOW. Are we trying to kill ourselves?
Mothers don't always know what's best. That's partly how they get such a bad rap.
Gun control is a good thing. One president was toward gun control, then someone shot him and he (luckily) survived. He was then against it. If he'd been against it first and put things in that direction the terrible incident could never have occured. I'm not saying no shooting animals at all, I'm just saying put more control on getting guns and regulations on them.

What do you make of that, Sarah Palin?
Rockylightning

Pro

Mr. Obama, being in a diverse situation dosnt mean that you have the right to bury our children in debt. Sorry about your "da" but your da leaving you isn't making you president again is it. I had it bad when I was a kid. Compared to the other people in my neighborhood I had 1/6 the amount of toys they did. The amount of gas emitted into the air isn't enough to do anything. Polar bears aren't dying unless I hunt them. Mothers are always right, I am the mother of america and I don't want to see my kids gobbed up by health care and abortion. If that president had a gun he couldve defended themselves by shooting that SOB. Mr. Obama, please stop digging.
Livebriand

Con

Bush was the one who buried us in a pile of debt - I'm the one trying to find a way out. Pollution hurts us over the long run, and isn't pleasant to breath in. Public health care is a good thing - most developed countries, including Canada, Europeans... EXCEPT US! Many people's lifespans are being shortened because they couldn't go to the doctor, financially. Then they have a cold or something and to the emergency room because it got so severe DUE TO NOT BEING TREATED SOONER. If it had been treated earlier the damage would have been far less, and it would have been cheaper in the end, for all the taxpayers. Sure the rich may not want more taxes, but what if you are dirt poor, have a minimum wage job, and barely are able to buy food? Or perhaps you are unemployed. Wouldn't you be wishing you had decent health care so you could keep healthy? Also, you may not be going to the north poll and shooting polar bears, but the global warming fossil fueled power plants cause DOES - it melts the ice they swim to, they must swim farther to get a resting place, and many begin to die. DO WE REALLY WANT THIS?
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
Rocky should change his vote to a tie, since his opponent cannot vote.

Neither side did very well in imitating the styles. I'll give the edge to Pro, because he made more of an attempt at imitating Palin. No candidate is ever going to use "farting" in a debate. Con didn't sick to the first person. Obama doesn't refer to himself as "Obama." Con missed Obama's most obvious speech pattern, which beginning with "Let me be perfectly clear ..." That's usually followed by a non-specific generality. Neither side really got into their characters. Con had better spelling and grammar.
Posted by Livebriand 6 years ago
Livebriand
ughh if only I had a cell phone so I could confirm my identity and vote... I don't though, so that's the only thing that's not fair around here, locking some people out. And all of my friends already have debate.org accounts so it wouldn't work for me to use one of theirs, like a debate on that topic suggested. **sigh** rockylightning couldn't you not votebomb toward yourself????
Posted by Rockylightning 6 years ago
Rockylightning
votebombing will be balanced with more votebombing.
Posted by Rockylightning 6 years ago
Rockylightning
I'm sorry you misunderstood. You were supposed to poke fun at the politician and not actually argue their case.
Posted by Livebriand 6 years ago
Livebriand
Yeah well I misunderstood - that's all, mongoosecake.
Posted by mongoosecake 6 years ago
mongoosecake
Lol I don't think obama would refer to himself in third person as con did in his first round :p
Posted by Livebriand 6 years ago
Livebriand
This is still a funny one though. lol :D
Posted by Rockylightning 6 years ago
Rockylightning
This is a joke debate.
Vote Placed by Chihuahuadogz 6 years ago
Chihuahuadogz
RockylightningLivebriandTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
RockylightningLivebriandTied
Vote Placed by Blank 6 years ago
RockylightningLivebriandTied
Vote Placed by Rockylightning 6 years ago
Rockylightning
RockylightningLivebriandTied
Vote Placed by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
RockylightningLivebriandTied
Vote Placed by mecap 6 years ago
mecap
RockylightningLivebriandTied