thevanthi.t
Robkwoods

Politics is bad and not healthy for the country

thevanthi.t

Con

politics... what do we even mean by it? The word "politics' even indicates death, corruption,overpower and greed.
So many countries have reached a position where they "surviving " to live because of the criminal and selfish nature of politics.E.g Africa is one of the biggest continent in the world. It has so many natural resources like cocoa but it it the poorest country in the world.
This is ironic. It is because of politics and the corrupted politicians Africa has turned out to be like this. Politics is like a booby trap, a trap that pulls you and never lets you go. It crushes, stamps and tortures you.
I am srilankan my country has been having war for the past 30 years and within these 30 years there have been so many changes in my country. By changes I mean bad and devastating changes. This war took life of many innocent people. People who did no wrong or no harm to any one. So many women were raped in the most disgusting and horrible manner. Women and children were kept naked in concentration camps and beaten to death. Even children of very small agees were raped.
Why did all this happen?
Who should we blame? Definitely politics and the politicians who control it.
So is it wrong to say that optics is bad and not good for the country. No .
Thevanthi. Thevanesan
Robkwoods

Pro

Google definition of Politics:
the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.

Politics is neither bad or good, however it is a necessary medium for governance. Politics is system by which, in this aspect, a country determines markers of it's society e.g. laws, economy, standards of life. Saying politics is responsible for the aliments of the people is comparable to saying Mcdonald's is responsible for fat people.

Bad people ruin things; politics can be that medium for bad people. Bad politicians aka bad people are the plague of most societies. The only way to stop bad politicians is with good politicians aka good people.
thevanthi.t

Con

Why did all this happen?
So is it wrong to say that optics is bad and not good for the country? No .
Thevanthi. Thevanesan
Robkwoods

Pro

You just repeated your first argument.

Google definition of Politics:

thevanthi.t

Con

thevanthi.t forfeited this round.
Robkwoods

Pro

Thanks for the debate!
Posted by Robkwoods 1 year ago
Robkwoods
That is the definition of anecdotal evidence.
Posted by thevanthi.t 1 year ago
thevanthi.t
@sam7411 my argument is not based on anecdotal evidence but based on real true incidents which happened in my country, please go visit bbc documentaries and watch the Srilankan civil war video and then you would realise what I am trying to say sam
Posted by Sam7411 1 year ago
Sam7411
@thevanthi.it, it seems your argument is based on anecdotal evidence rather than fact...
You can't get rid of politics. As previously stated, it is necessary part of government.
Posted by thevanthi.t 1 year ago
thevanthi.t
ZacGraphics you say that politics is essential but have you realised that people who arena oilitics only think about themselves but not the general society .
E.g The chennai floods in India (chennaai) has caused so much of destruction to the lives of ordinary people. I t is almost a week after this incident but the government has not provided anything to these people not even a single slice of bread. I s this right?
I am not criticising the Indian governmentt but this is the truth. Th only people who helped these flood victims are the ordinary general civilians.
Equal rights can be brought by not comparing people with their religion ,ethics and family. There are so many children who are not educated in this world and the lack of money and education has changed them to bad people. A rule should be brought up where all children MUST study until their advanced level.
If this is continued over some time I am sure that politics can be completely demolished.
Thanks
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
You misunderstand. What would replace it? Without politics, how would government be run? There are too many effects from this cause of abolishing politics completely. You state there should be equal rights for everyone, but how would this be done? Elaboration is required for something as huge as this act.
Posted by thevanthi.t 1 year ago
thevanthi.t
ZacGraphics what we can do is bring an end to politics. I know it will not be easy but there's nothing that is impossible. Rather than so many people dying for no reason because of this corrupted politics we can put an end to this life taking politics and bring out a scheme where there's equal rights for all human beings in this world. People are not classified as being rich or poor but considered to be human beings like the others. I f this scheme is put forward there will be an end many of the world's devastating crisis and problems and the world would be a better place to live and not place where people have to 'survive ' to live.
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
And, what do you suggest should be done instead?