Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should each safe country accept more refugees?

Phoeni

Good luck to my opponent. I believe that each safe country should not accept more refugees as they have transformed the society in which tbey migrate to instead of settling and assimilating into their societies. An example is Germany, where Islam is starting to slowly become a growing religion due to the immense ridiculous amounts of refugees that had been taken in. Not only had societies been changed due to the results of acceping refugees, but there have been increases in crime from migrants a...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 56 Minutes Ago

historically "bear arms" means to use a gun in a militia

linate

historically "bear arms" means to use a gun in a militia. (which has detrimental consequences for gun nuts) from an amicus brief from PhD linguists. "In every instance we have found where the term "bear arms" (or "bearing arms" or "bear arms against") is employed, without any additional modifying language attached, the term unquestionably is used in its idiomatic military sense. " an article that breaks down the historical uses of the phrase: "Few cases in recent memory have been as con...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Should we create a unified Aboriginal state in the NT

MsPaintLeprachaun
kk1112003

I do not believe that we should create a unified state in the NT as it would most likely be hugely poverty stricken due to the not high amount of resources. It would be much like Zimbabwe. Before it there was a country called Rhodesia which had good ties to the British, it made its money of of diplomatic relations. It was run by White men yet as soon as it was ruled by the natives the country went into ruins and a dictatorship which only ended recently. I believe that state would turn out much t...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should US Foreign Aid Be increased

JesseSlater
rainium30

Foreign aid the US sends to developing countries significantly helps them grow, but more importantly, it keeps the US safe and in control.The US Spends a huge amount of money on defence, with good reason, but a cheaper alternative to at least some of the defence budget is to win friends and influence peo...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The United States should re-instate the ban on Elephant Trophies

brant.merrell
TooBigRabbits

The United States should not have legalized the importation of Elephant trophies, and should re-instate it as soon as possible. First round: acceptance. Note: please accept the debate only if you believe the united states was right to legalize the importation of elephant trophies. This is a response to a recent policy, not an abstract philosophical exercise....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Abortion

SuperAwesomeMusician
SupaDudz

Abortion has been a very controversial topic for a long time. For those who do not know what an abortion is, the dictionary defines it as "the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy". In other words, ending the baby's life before it is born. First round is for acceptance and opening arguments. Rounds 2,3, and 4 are for rebuttals and counterarguments, and round 5 is for final countering and conclusions. As implied, I will be taking the con side, meaning th...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Should Trump Repeal ObamaCare

SupaDudz
rainium30

NOTE: Please be respectful Trump should not repeal ObamaCare REASON 1) Many ways to change it now, we shouldn't have to repeal it to solve REASON 2)10.3M people are under ObamaCare, including elderly and disabled and veterans. Getting rid of ObamaCare would put these people in the street SOURCE:http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/12/news/economy/obamacare-enrollment/index.html REASON 3) Removing ObamaCare would hurt Trumps popularity, which is already at a staggering 33%, this could lead...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Eisenhower Good or Bad?

abbyfusaro
TheRealBatman117

He was just a bad president for my reasoning ask me why....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should the words "under god" be in the pledge of allegiance?

Intellisio
SimonSmasher

The words "under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance. The first round is only for acceptance...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Estate Tax

TheLiberalSquirrel
Lmoney

One of the big issues of Trump's tax reforms is the repealing of the Estate Tax. I find it hard to support a tax cut that only effects 0.2% of people, and I'm interested to hear the other side of it. I'll let the opponent begin!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago