Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: The US should continue its "containment policy" in regards to China

blamonkey

It should not be possible to automatically accept this debate, please apply in the comments first. This debate was inspired by the Open Debates Project that bsh1 started to prevent overused topics from becoming the norm on DDO. For the entire list of topics, you can find the link here: (http://tinyurl.com/ya52zlcr)It should open in...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Is police brutality a real problem?

Young-Republican
Luxray2854

I am argueing that police brutality is not a real issue or as prevalent as people want it to be made out to be, the person pro argues that it is in any fashion that person chooses....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

The American Military budget is excessive

nivac817
Emily77

First i would like to start by stating i have already posted this debate a few times, however my opponent has always forfeited, or simply stopped posting their arguments. This has frustrated me quite a bit, and as a result, you must have completed three debates to accept my challenge. Please do not accept this debate unless you have the intention of finishing it. Hello, I am a Sailor in the USN, and a proud patriot of the United States. One of the most common debates about the American govern...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

I call for the complete defunding and shuting down of planned parenthood.

Starwarsman981
BrettBoelkens

Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc., or Planned Parenthood, is a nonprofit organization that provides reproductive health care in the United States and globally. Known for several thing, the main procedure would be abbortions. I don't care how you start arguing, first round is not just acceptance. Rule 1: You shall not vote for yourself on another account. Rule 2: State sources such as websites or books, etc. Page if you can. Rule 3:No personal accounts, although subjective...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Racism towards blacks in America is minimal

Jtp23
RKPHCLM

First round is just for acceptance. After accepted I will give my opening statement, followed by my opponents opening statement. Next we will rebut each other. Which leaves a conclusion for last. If there are any sources used just paste them to the end of your conclusion. Best of luck to my opponent!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Racism in America

agcoco3
PowerPikachu21

If you think there is racism in america please explain...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Is genocide necessary in certain situations?

Memorzum
backwardseden

I think it's absolutely necessary sometimes, let's imagine an evolved Third Reich, with similar morals to them. The only difference is that they are incredibly loyal, and are near impossible to sway to another side. These people will not except diplomacy and will keep commiting horrible crimes until you put their entire country or race or whatever to death....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

The option to abort should be the mother's choice

Verita
blamonkey

For the resolution "The option to abort should be the mother's choice" I will be arguing the Neg position (against). In the first round, both participants will begin with Constructing Arguments Since challenger will be taking the Affirmative position, they will start the first round and will include: 1) Thesis statement and its relevance 2) Definition of terms 3) Present at least 3 constructing arguments, each with a reason and sited evidence to support it 4) Summary First Neg Con respo...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Is the LGBTQ community okay?

Unicornlady
sboss18

This is basically a debate for the LGBTQ community acceptance which I am for in this debate. The rounds will be: 1. Acceptance 2. Argument 3. Rebuttal...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is the LGBTQ community wrong?

Unicornlady
Arganger

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago