Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Were the american colonists justified in fighting a war to break away from Britain

sheepgirl1202

I believe that the american colonists were justified in breaking away. They were threatened with many taxes to pay for protection they didn't want in the first place. The colonists tried writing letters to talk to the king but the British only responded by giving them MORE taxes. Not to mention the British troops that stayed in the New York harbor all day. The colonists tried to peacefully write to the king but he wouldn't listen. That caused the colonists to use force against them and start the...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Resolved: Universities in the US ought not restrict any constitutionally protected speech

rzentmayer

I am a student participating in Lincoln-Douglas debate and would like to bring my resolution here in order to better my case. I'd like to structure this like a common LD debate in which morality is of the utmost value and more important than other factors such has practicality or efficiency. To write an LD cases values, definitions, value criterion, and moral frameworks are used. If you need clarification for the format of this debate I'd be happy to respond in the comments. Remember, this is ju...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Should People be Punished for Burning the American Flag?

Kannon
313233qwe123

Donald Trump (our future president) is trying to pass the law: People should be punished for burning the American flag. Although I did not support Mr. Trump in the election I thought that this would be a great law to pass....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

AOW Debate (Shattered World, Game II)

Name1

This is a war debate. I was playing another one, but the other person forfeited and the system never updates so I created this one. I will be playing again as the People's Republic of Southern China. These are the rules: 1. If you take this debate, tell the name of your country, and tell the numbers of your armed forces for things like vehicles (aircraft, ships, tanks, armored cars), men, missiles, and hackers (Yes, certain countries have the ability to do cyberwarfare). You can not play a...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Is hillary a nigger or is it just me

vgggggggggg
LuciferWept

I heard she is donald trumps slave...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Should illegal immigrants be able to vote?

MadiBlogs123
Kove_Ducote

This is my first debate...so don't judge...anyways have fun...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

The United States congress should be dismantled and replaced with a direct democratic voting system

Capitalistslave
Kove_Ducote

Basically, the system would be that the people themselves would be the law-makers. There would still be a president, and (s)he would be the commander-in-chief and can veto legislation brought out by the people, who then still need a 2/3 majority to surpass the president's veto. The supreme court would still exist and can declare things unconstitutional as they do now. Basically it would work the same as it does now, just we are replacing congress with the people. Round 1: Acceptance Round 2...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Should We Join ISIS

vgggggggggg
Sovcody2

Would you join isis?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Women's sanitary products should be available for free in prisons, shelters, and schools

rzentmayer
pieterlangenberg

Menstruation. Something that is unavoidable women. Thousands of impoverished girls risk their own health and safety without access to these necessary products. Reverting to makeshift methods like plastic or grocery bags to try to keep themselves clean. While condoms are made readily available for free in various locations, girls in shelters and prisons and even some schools are denied easy access to these vital items. Should these products be made free and available to those in the aforementione...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Should the CIA spy on us?

bossgut
debat0r29

Media is saying that the CIA is now having more power to spy on us with just one warrant. Once that warrant is signed the FBI,CIA anyone part of the government can check confiscate anything from your house even if your innocent. The government can literally hack into anything electronic of yours they can access your cameras and use them to look at download all of what you do it you name it.You might be saying "oh it can stop ISIS attacks" Wrong! even the FBI admitted they haven't stopped a singl...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago