Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Are we in Thucydides Trap with China?

Nd2400

Pretty straight forward. You must think we not for whatever reason not in a Thucydides Trap with China. I will argue we are in a Thucydides Trap with China right now. This first round is Acceptance only!!!! In the second round i will give out my reasons why we are in one. Then you will give out your reasons why we are not in one. From there we will rebuttal our arguments. Tell me why you want to accept this challenge in the comment sections....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Should people be taxed more for every child they have?

SentientZero
KOA_Tengu

People who have children use more resources and are a greater burden to the state and country. They should NOT get a tax break, they should get a tax HIKE for every child they produce. With every new person comes more litter, pollution, crime, need for school, need for food, waste, crowding, disease. In short, WE are the problem, the solution is to limit population and the best way is to tax those that have more children. Public school and busing children all around the place needs to be abolish...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

The US should adopt a ban on all semiautomatic firearms

Varrack
tajshar2k

First round is for acceptance. BOP is shared....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

The US should substantially reduce its restrictions on legal immigration

tejretics
thett3

First round is for acceptance. No rules apart from the obvious (e.g. no new arguments in the final round, no trolling)....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Developed countries have to support developing countries in the fight for climate change.

UrbanBourbon
tfroitz1

Hello, I'm glad to meet you. I hope this debate goes well. I represent those who are against this motion. First, why should developed countries NOT have the obligation to help these under-developed countries in the first place? The world itself is fighting climate change and every country has contributed to climate change at one point or another and it's every country's obligation to help prevent since it is affecting everyone. Most third world countries like Somalia, Maldives, Bangladesh, e...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

The President Should Be Able To Be Removed By Popular Opinion

DebaterTheWise
Yoboynick

I am against the idea of impeaching the President via a vote due to the simple facts that the impeachment vote could be easily gerrymandered for political gain, even more than so now, that the people cannot be trusted with this much power, and that the voters will be largely influenced by partisan bias. First, according to Politics and Policy, voting districts are redrawn every ten years, but by the majority party, allowing them to use this power for political gain. This is called gerrymandering...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Gay adoption

CJW
2SidedPolygon

In a civilised society everyone should have equal rights and that includes to the expansion of the LGBTQ+ community. There is no evidence that anyone within the LGBTQ+ community would make lesser parents than any heterosexual....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

We should become imperialist once again

TheLogicCircuit
Hemoglobin

We should continue our imperialist beliefs. In this day and age we our limited and "contained" by United Nations, international sanctions and other Intra Governmental Organizations. I am aware we fight proxy wars throughout the world but I think full invasion and annexation is necessary to maintain power of the USA. I would say NATO should work together to liberate the world so we can unite the world bringing mutual welfare, eventual economic stability, and order/law (reduce crime). This is not...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

is donald trump ISNT a good president

sahibsidhu2004
TheLogicCircuit

donald trump isnt good AT ALL...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Gun Control.

debatedgiraffe
ButterEater

Think about this. You are sitting in school, and the bell rings. You grab your backpack, and start to go to the gym to get to your bus. The door busts open, and you hear people screaming. It's a person with a gun. They purchased it legally. Now, with the intent to harm anyone and everyone, they start shooting. Now, I apologize if that had harmed anyone. Anyways, I'm not saying, "OH BAN ALL GUNS" I'm saying, ban the AK-15s and other machine guns. Ban bump-stock. Ban the ability to buy a gu...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago