Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Death Penalty

byaka2013
Asoz

If murder is (usually) the crime, why should murder be the penalty? The fact is, your just killing more people. Besides, http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/executed-possibly-innocent says more than 1000 people have been falsely accused and killed due to the death penalty (since 1976) You may bring up how the same thing applies to regular prison. To be fair, it does. Maybe there are even more. But there is a difference in killing a person and punishing them with jail. Now, couple no death penalty...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Trident

james_mole
Mharman

Should get rid of what protects the UK?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

THW: ban gun ownership by civilians

QueenDaisy
RR-5L8S

The motion is "THW: ban gun ownership by civilians". Format of the debate: R1: Acceptance, pronoun introduction, and definitions. No arguments may be presented, and voters should ignore any arguments made in R1. R2: Main body of argument, Con's initial refutation. R3: Both debaters' refutation, summation. No new arguments may be presented, and voters should ignore any arguments not already made in R2. New refutation is allowed and should be considered by voters. Please use "she/her" pr...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Should Napoleon Be Called The Great?

Atheistvoice
KinZil

Round 1 Is Acceptance...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

War Debate: United States of America (Pro) versus The People's Republic of China (Con)

WarGod2

This is a war debate. A debate in which two users simulate a scenario for what will happen if the two nations go to war. One side invades and the other defends. The United States of America, or me, will be invading. This debate should be impossible to accept. If you want to debate me, either message or comment your case. I will accept someone within 2 days of the first applicant. Anyone who accepts without m...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

animals should have the right to bear arms

tess9950
SJM

Animals should have the right to bear arms because they are otherwise left defenseless against hunters. Animals cannot at this moment defend themselves against poachers and hunters. With this civil right, animal will be given weapons donated to them and allowed to shoot or stab each other, and all hunters and poachers. The main rule of nature is survival of the fittest, and we are just leveling the playing field. If needed, the animals will be given a long sword and duct tape, WITH their consent...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Sadiq Khan stand down as mayor of London

Aeden_r
FuzzyCatPotato

Should mr sadiq khan stand down from his current role as mayor of London due to the recent attacks in London...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should prostitution be legal

Lori-Ann
packers284

Hi everyone, I'm currently doing a debate project for my political systems class and I would like you guys to help me with my debate. My debate topic is abortion and my group is against it, so please give me some good reasons as to why prostitution is bad or should be illegal...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should The US Have Open Borders.

TheRoyalAcer
paintballvet18

My position is that i believe that with open border the us would fall, and that if we become a nation like the EU where anyone can go to the US it would do more global harm then good....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

ALM( ALL LIVES MATTER) members needed

ajisthetruth
GodTier

"It is raining blood today. I open my book and write "Black Lives Matter" to acknowledge the unanswered injustices. I write "Blue Lives Matter" for how can any human be separate from humanity? I write "All Lives Matter" but stare at these words. Do they invalidate the others? I do not know. I am only a love poet. I stand conflicted but the clouds continue to bleed. I come to erase the phrase but find that the blood has already drowned my words." R13; Kamand Kojouri...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago