Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Background checks should be applied to all private firearm sales in the US.

MCHansen

The first round will be accepting the debte, the second will be explaining our arguments (saving rebutted for the third and 4th round) and the final round will be final thoughts and conclusion. I enter this debate earnestly, and sincerely open minded. I"m not trying to win an argument, I"m trying to refine my thoughts and ideas on this subject, so please be courteous to me haha. The acceptant recognizes the following definitions: US= the nation of the United States of America, Firear...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 38 Minutes Ago

Should Delhi(India) be given statehood?

soumya_a_thomas
KJVPrewrather

First round is for acceptance only. From 2nd round onwards the debate starts. Arguements can be made and objections can be raised. :) People with good knowledge about Indian political scenario most welcome....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

The US ought to provide an universal basic income.

BrettBoelkens
Gtworld3

First round is acceptence, same rules apply as the debate previously posted by bsh1 on this very topic....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Masterpiece Cakeshop Rightfully Won

AKMath

Masterpiece cakeshop rightfully won....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Prostitution should be legalized

philosophicalnutcase
dloos121

There is no crime without a victim. That's the universal moral rule. And in the United States, our laws are made to comply with indisputable morality- not religious/cultural morality (if the Amish made law, we'd have quite a different dress code) not subjective morality (vegans would have banned meat). Prostitution, however, is not inherently wrong except religiously, culturally, or individually. If one is forced or coerced into it, of course it is a heinous crime but that's not sex work- that's...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

The United States should construct a wall on the Southern Border.

dloos121
philosophicalnutcase

I wish to argue in the affirmative that the U.S. should construct a wall on the Southern Border. I can leave Round 1 for acceptance, and the next three for arguments. I'm new to this site so please excuse any technical errors - I'm 100% willing to negotiate any changes to the parameters. ...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

The right minimum wage is $0.00

primeministerJoshua812
picklerickman55455454545

"The Right Minimum Wage: $0.00." That was the headline of an editorial in one of America's most prestigious newspapers. Can you guess which one? The Wall Street Journal, perhaps? Right city; wrong paper. This editorial appeared in the New York Times in 1987. "There's a virtual consensus among economists," the Times wrote, "that the minimum wage is an idea whose time has passed." So, economists and the liberal paper were on the same page (pun intended). Why? Because they understood th...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Affirmative action is not justified

LoveRichardDawkins
icebeartheawesome

By affirmative action I mean some kind of quota in order to help marginalised groups such as ethnic minorities or women to succeed in places such as the work place and university. Justified means having a reason for it which outweighs any disadvantages. Looking forward to debating this with a worthy opponent. If you forfeit a round it is an immediate win for me....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abortion

UseYOURname
Envisage

This is parliamentary style rules, I"ll let you go first since your preposition I guess. Good luck!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Hillary Clinton belongs in prison

ash_taylor
ghostintheshadows

Hillary Clinton has committed several crimes that would land any other person in prison. The corruption in DC runs so deep, they have bent rules to prevent her from going to jail....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago