Innkeep
ZEDX

Polygamy should be legal in the United States

Innkeep

Innkeep

Pro

Round 1 Acceptance
Round 2 Argument
Round 3 Closing

It is in my opinion that any number of individuals whom are in love should have the right to marry as two individuals or multiple individuals. There should be no limitations as to how many individuals are allowed to join in matrimony.

Define:
Polygamy noun 1.the practice or custom of having more than one wife or husband at the same time.

This is to say any combination i.e. 2 male 3 female; 3 female 2 male; not limited to 1 male with multiple females or 1 female with multiple males.
ZEDX

Con

NOOOOOOOO people what are you guys thinking... marraige is supposed to be love of two people and not more or less god made us so two people ( man and woman) love and reproduce......... I dont support gay or polygamy wat so everyou people@1! jeez people just dont get that that is wrong and messed up...
Innkeep

Pro

Welcome to the debate.

When we look at matters of love and affairs we have little knowledge on why or how people choose their significant others. In today's society many marriages end in divorce for a multitude of reasons financial, sexual impotency, change in life style or even "falling out of love". There is also the rise of an Internet service, Ashley Madison, which caters to those seeming a marital affair.

With marriage being a very difficult and faulty combination of two individuals in society I do not see the issue in allowing any and all who would want to strive to a better life in love.

Financially having multiple employed individuals in a single household would be beneficial not only economically but also for the raising and care of the children. Sexual Impotency would no longer be more of a heavy burden upon those involved having many partners to engage and reproduce with. When looking at reproduction the offspring would have multiple siblings without one parent birthing them all. This could be a beneficial system not just for the individuals but also the children.

Thank you and may the best arguments win.
ZEDX

Con

ZEDX forfeited this round.
Innkeep

Pro

It seems my opponent has forfeited the second round/argument phase. I do hope they take the opportunity to make a case in the third round.

As my conclusion I would like to reiterate my stance on this topic. I think it is financially and emotionally potential for those who would desire to have multiple partners in their marriage. The concept of love should not be bound by the state. I look forward to the arguments against my case if they are to be presented.

Innkeep
ZEDX

Con

ZEDX forfeited this round.
Posted by Scavenger2016 5 months ago
Scavenger2016
Frankly while I'm not a supporter of same sex marriages, the reality is that once the Supreme Court said that marriage was NOT just between a man and a woman but between consenting adults then polygamy has to be made legal.
Posted by Jam_Man 5 months ago
Jam_Man
Oh god, I can already tell this isn't gonna be a good debate because of the challenger's response... anyways, may the best debater win...
Vote Placed by missmozart 5 months ago
missmozart
InnkeepZEDXTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD- Con forfeited 2/3 rounds.
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 5 months ago
ThinkBig
InnkeepZEDXTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeits